Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

"Dirty Trick" against British Airways by FT's Sarah Steeger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Dirty Trick" against British Airways by FT's Sarah Steeger

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2013, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Umm, there might just be more than one FT!
A bit like the LSE!
Old Aug 28, 2013, 4:35 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
When I took the 00:01 flight from MCT I was told that it was common for passengers on this flight to get the day wrong!
Not so much getting the day wrong but not realising they need to turn up the day before. Same goes for most flights that depart after midnight.

I used to take LX HKG-ZRH a lot and it had a departure time of 0000. Now that got confusing for some people, so tickets were issued with a departure time of 2359 - which presumably helps with turning up on the right day.

I wonder if everyone would have been more sympathetic if instead of calling it a "dirty trick" she wrote about how embarrassed she felt at making a basic error. Because she makes a valid point that airlines should indicate that checking in is required on the previous day's evening.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 4:58 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by MNManInKen
I'm not sure what the writer was thinking when posting in her reply:

Well, yes, the asylum is full of lunatics. Not sure that makes it any better to be one!
Well, the preceding part of the lyrics don't refer to lunatics, but do include:

you may say I'm a dreamer - no, we've concluded something else...

It's easy if you try - 24 hour clock is really easy...

Above us only sky - even when you're on the ground at the Iberia desk

It isn't hard to do - the flight attendants, travellers and airline managers you hang around notwithstanding
Old Aug 28, 2013, 5:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by G-AVFC
Not always, I have seen in certain parts of the world, schedules written up as 01:30pm for 13:30 for example. Uncle Sam seems to have a strange preference -either because they want to be different or because their populus can't get the concept of the 24 hour clock.
Truly a petty little post, don't you think?
Old Aug 28, 2013, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Erm well the Thameslink First Capital Connect runs all night and there are coaches every hour to Victoria so personally I don't know why she thinks she would be marooned at Gatwick.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 6:09 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Words fail me. OK, here are a few: How did she get to work for the Financial Times?
Old Aug 28, 2013, 6:20 pm

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
How did she get to work for the Financial Times?
Unpunctually, I guess.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 7:44 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by oscietra
Er, I'm certain you meant to write "populus"
Perhaps this is an example of British English versus American English, but I thought that the proper spelling of the word was populace.

Even so, I am American and have never had a problem with using a 24-hour clock — and I have been on some flights in Europe and Asia which departed so early in the morning that they could be considered very late at night from the day before...

...and I never missed any of those flights.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Words fail me. OK, here are a few: How did she get to work for the Financial Times?
FT in this case is FlyerTalk — not the Financial Times.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 10:36 pm

Programs: FB Plat Lifetime - BA GGL - VS Gold - EK Gold - HH Diamond - SPG Gold - Club Carlson Gold
She shouldn't have written this article. Worse yet, she's tried to blame her own foolish mistake on BA. Silly.

I wonder if the rest of the passengers, who doubtless had less travel experience than her, made or missed their flight.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Is there a competition going on to produce the worst article about BA. The Guardian had a really good shot at it, even FlyerTalk (when I seen FT I thought Financial Times initially, but they also had their own entry for poor BA reporting recently).
Old Aug 28, 2013, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Kimpton IC; IHG Diamond Ambassador;
I'm more concerned that this drivel was PUBLISHED and put on the FRONT PAGE of Flyertalk. Dumb articles don't bother me -- it's the fact that somebody else (presumably) decided the publish the damned thing.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 11:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers

Last edited by Doc Savage; Aug 28, 2013 at 11:35 pm
Old Aug 28, 2013, 11:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Ok, you don't like the article. Fine. Bash that to pieces.

But the personal attacks displayed in this thread really go above and beyond a reasonable discussion.

Old Aug 28, 2013, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch
Ok, you don't like the article. Fine. Bash that to pieces.

But the personal attacks displayed in this thread really go above and beyond a reasonable discussion.

Personal attacks against stupidity should be always encouraged to avoid leveling down the discussion.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 1:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
Rubbish article from someone who 1) should have no better NOT to miss her flight 2) Should have known better to write the article.

Better to keep your mouth closed and let everything think you're an idiot, instead of opening it and proving it to all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.