FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   "Dirty Trick" against British Airways by FT's Sarah Steeger (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1498242-dirty-trick-against-british-airways-fts-sarah-steeger.html)

oscietra Aug 28, 2013 1:14 pm

"Dirty Trick" against British Airways by FT's Sarah Steeger

I'm really disappointed this sensationalist article got through FT's editorial process:

http://www.flyertalk.com/the-hub/is-...new-trick.html

BA hasn't "learned a dirty new trick", and anyone with sixteen years experience of travel should know better than to blame an airline (any airline) when they misread a time of departure.

Thankfully the comments are almost universal in their condemnation of the piece; it would be good to see it withdrawn.

travelwithross Aug 28, 2013 1:18 pm

Sarah... Oh Sarah.
Typical dumbass not knowing what a 24hr clock looks like.

Pathetic editorial.

Flexible preferences Aug 28, 2013 1:20 pm

Completely agree. I thought the same when I read it. To sum up she misread the flight time and thought 0130 was 1330 and after missing flight questioned whether BA's actions in scheduling such a time were a deliberate dirty trick. Like you I was very surprised to see such rubbish on FT home page. The comments make a good read...'It's you'

r22r44bell47 Aug 28, 2013 1:25 pm

I sense a new career, writing utter tosh, highlighting my own inability to read the simplest documents and then expecting sympathy. The woman is a total waste of oxygen.

UKtravelbear Aug 28, 2013 1:26 pm

Deffo her own fault. No sympathy from me.

I bet if a pax told her when she was working that they had done something similar she would be thinking 'silly fool, how do you get the time of a flight wrong?'

ian001 Aug 28, 2013 1:31 pm

For a moment, I thought this was referring to an article in the Financial Times! Phew!

Justonemore Aug 28, 2013 1:31 pm

It was actually great to see people so strongly jumping to BA's defence - and rightly so in this case

sammy..uk Aug 28, 2013 1:34 pm

Idiot!!

KARFA Aug 28, 2013 1:41 pm

We have all made stupid mistakes in life. However, I think if I had been her I would have kept quiet about it rather than firstly tell everyone, and secondly try to suggest it was some kind of "dirty trick" by BA.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt!

themapelligroup Aug 28, 2013 1:47 pm

I can't see why she's complaining. BA didn't change her flight's time without informing her. If she can't read the time for sure it's not BA's fault.

lorcancoyle Aug 28, 2013 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear (Post 21351946)
Deffo her own fault. No sympathy from me.

I bet if a pax told her when she was working that they had done something similar she would be thinking 'silly fool, how do you get the time of a flight wrong?'

Snap!

jacobitetraveller Aug 28, 2013 1:52 pm

lets be honest here whether you travel by plane train or bus the timetables and schedules are always 24 HOUR CLOCK so yes a stupid mistake

but it is a rather odd time

I presume this particular flight runs only in summer months and there surely must be some tie in with package holiday deals

cuspidor Aug 28, 2013 1:54 pm

What a costly mistake, def not the airline at fault. This flight in question is always a lot cheaper due to the timings. Surely someone in the travel industry could see that???

Magic01273 Aug 28, 2013 1:59 pm

Good lord. I'm embarrassed for her.

G-AVFC Aug 28, 2013 1:59 pm

Not always, I have seen in certain parts of the world, schedules written up as 01:30pm for 13:30 for example. Uncle Sam seems to have a strange preference -either because they want to be different or because their populus can't get the concept of the 24 hour clock.