Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge Database | Africa

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2015, 5:32 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Prospero
RAK Marrakech
According to my booking, the lounge facility is Salon VIP lounge. Is this different to the one mentioned above?
Old May 5, 2015, 11:39 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by Globaliser
The JNB domestic SLOW lounge has had its iMacs removed. I don't know whether this applies to the other SLOW lounges as well, but I was told that this is because the arrangement with Apple has come to an end, and there will soon be new Samsung computers in their place.

There is also sparkling wine available at the bar, although it wasn't something that I'd rush back to have another glass of.
Pretty sure they use the minis of JC LeRoux, which SAA also uses in its business lounges. They are ok, but nothing special. SAA give this stuff away in Y on long haul.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 2:33 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Housekeeping note

The database received a routine update today. If you happen to see any errors or omissions, please let me know.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
RAK Marrakech
No spirits or champagne when I was there on Monday, Two types of beer and half bottles of red, white and rose wine. The lounge is opposite the Royal Air Maroc lounge on the floor above check in.

The invitation has a map on the back.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
No spirits or champagne when I was there on Monday, Two types of beer and half bottles of red, white and rose wine. The lounge is opposite the Royal Air Maroc lounge on the floor above check in.

The invitation has a map on the back.

Further update (Mon 16 Nov): beer is cans of Casablanca, wine is in demi-bottles (red, white), soft drinks (cans) and water (330ml bottles still, sparkling). No champagne. Tea/coffee.

Food is sandwiches and Moroccan pastry based sweats.

Wi-Fi is glacial when working.

Also, lounge appears to be called "Salon ONDA".
Old Jun 5, 2016, 10:16 pm

Question: we arrive in JNB at 7-ish in the morning on the overnight flight from LHR. We will have flown Club World. Is there any lounge we can wait in for a couple of hours that morning until we catch our SA flight to Upington?
Old Jun 6, 2016, 12:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by elizadoo
Question: we arrive in JNB at 7-ish in the morning on the overnight flight from LHR. We will have flown Club World. Is there any lounge we can wait in for a couple of hours that morning until we catch our SA flight to Upington?
There is an arrivals lounge but it is the wrong side of security for a domestic departure. If you have no status or Priority Pass (or similar) then you can pay to use the Bidvest lounge http://www.bidvestlounge.co.za/Forms/LoungesMatrix.aspx.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 5:40 am

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by elizadoo
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
There is an arrivals lounge but it is the wrong side of security for a domestic departure. If you have no status or Priority Pass (or similar) then you can pay to use the Bidvest lounge http://www.bidvestlounge.co.za/Forms/LoungesMatrix.aspx.
Same Question - but I am BA gold, flying to CPT but NOT on Comair ?

Any idea whether I can still use the SLOW Lounge? - I can see from http://www.slowlounge.co.za/british-...-lounge-access that "Gold and Silver cardholders may access the Lounges when travelling to SA destinations not operated by BA Comair."
Would I be allowed access ? i.e.Do they refuse access if I am flying to an SA destination (on SA or even SAFAir )if that destination COULD be operated by Comair?
Old Jun 6, 2016, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by catharsis

Any idea whether I can still use the SLOW Lounge? - I can see from http://www.slowlounge.co.za/british-...-lounge-access that "Gold and Silver cardholders may access the Lounges when travelling to SA destinations not operated by BA Comair."
Would I be allowed access ? i.e.Do they refuse access if I am flying to an SA destination (on SA or even SAFAir )if that destination COULD be operated by Comair?
They should deny you access as it is a Comair destination, you could ask on the day and be prepared for a "no".
Old Jun 8, 2016, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by catharsis
When you say "not on Comair", do you mean neither British Airways nor Kulula?
Old Jun 8, 2016, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SLOW lounge news

A handout from Comair yesterday said (amongst other things):-
We are well on our way with our SLOW Lounge upgrade and expansion projects. The new Cape Town lounge upgrade has been well-received. The Johannesburg O R Tambo Domestic lounge will be upgraded this year, along with the opening of the new refreshed and enlarged O R Tambo International lounge. We will be opening a new type of SLOW Lounge at Lanseria International Airport, enabling our Silver and Gold Executive Club members lounge access when travelling with kulula.com from Lanseria.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 11:59 am

MRU lounge

Arriving at about 9pm for the 11.30pm BA departure and was greeted with a welcome cocktail, empty lounge and TV pre-tuned to the football.

Food included some main course dishes including veggie options, and local foods. Very attentive staff.

Wifi access is to the free wifi available throughout the airport. This wasn't working when I arrived and they quickly sent for a technician to sort it out.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum (but always US in my heart), HH Diamond
NBO Nairobi
Is this lounge still closed??
Old Oct 18, 2016, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by honeytoes
Is this lounge still closed??
I'm sorry I haven't read it, but there is a thread about the situation there which might have some information for you: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ounge-nbo.html
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
The Marrakech (RAK) lounge is now dry, based on a recent visit.

My BA-issued lounge invitation stated "soft drinks and snacks" were available. There was a fridge with beer in the lounge but sure enough it was locked and the lounge attendant said it was not for BA passengers, pointing to the wording on the invitation. I have no idea who *does* get a drink.

In any case there was definitely no wine of any kind, and the only food was a couple of plates of rather forlorn plates of sandwiches. No fruit. Oh, and the wifi wasn't working, for which the attendant was somewhat apologetic. (The terminal wifi worked though.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.