Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nairobi airport closed

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2013, 4:12 am

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
Any chance the lounge - or any OW lounge will open in the next few months. Now that QR is part of OW they have a couple of flights a day.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 12:44 am
DJZ

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, former UA 1K, SPG AMEX addict
Any updates?

About to book a flight for Jan.
Thanks!
Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:00 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
I am in and out there next week and would appreciate an update too!

If not forthcoming it looks like it's my job!
Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:02 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Me too (flying down on Monday)
Old Dec 5, 2013, 2:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, FB Gold
I was there over the weekend, flying back on Sunday. No lounge! Premium passengers use a separate boarding area (after gate securities, yes, plural, as first comes the airport security and 3 meters on the BA security, what a circus!). You can get a bottle of water and tea and there is free wireless, with a very weak signal. Quite miserable. I hope they finish the new terminal soon!

On the other hand, we got a 777 with new entertainment system, which took away from my sleep time
Old Dec 6, 2013, 3:02 am

Programs: BA GC
The new terminal is going to be for KQ only, and looks like its going to have a couple of quite nice skyteam lounges. Having spent a couple of hours walking round the building site on wednesday, there is no way its going to open before late summer next year. Until it does open I can't really see any way that there will be space for anyone to open a new lounge.

Current plans are for a 'temporary terminal' (i.e. a metal/plastic tent type structure - like the checkin one in the carpark at GVA) to be installed across the road from the car-park that is currently being used for international arrivals. International arrivals will then move to this temporary terminal and the car-park will go back to being a car park.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 11:25 am

Programs: BA Silver; SPG Gold; UA; DL; AA
Originally Posted by denhaagflyer
I was there over the weekend, flying back on Sunday. No lounge! Premium passengers use a separate boarding area (after gate securities, yes, plural, as first comes the airport security and 3 meters on the BA security, what a circus!). You can get a bottle of water and tea and there is free wireless, with a very weak signal. Quite miserable. I hope they finish the new terminal soon!

On the other hand, we got a 777 with new entertainment system, which took away from my sleep time
came to report that exactly, including the Thales IFE in CW - was surprised to have that in both directions to NBO.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 12:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
A few questions about the "Premium" area.

1. Comfort level - is there air conditioning?
2. Crowded

Flying out of NBO on a QR flight at 1 PM and trying to decide how early I must be at the airport at that hour.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad
A few questions about the "Premium" area.

1. Comfort level - is there air conditioning?
2. Crowded

Flying out of NBO on a QR flight at 1 PM and trying to decide how early I must be at the airport at that hour.
1. I don't remember air-con when I was in the 'premium' area a month ago. That said, I don't recall it being uncomfortably hot either.
2. Yes, very crowded.

Minimise your time at the airport if you can.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 3:01 am

Was there this week. No lounges and still crowded.

On Tuesday the President cut the soil for the new Ksh 55bn Greenfield terminal with about 40 gates and modelled on Abu Dhabi.

Sadly on Wednesday the work was stopped by the Nairobi City Council as the developers had apparently not obtained the right planning consents.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.