Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA it was good while it lasted

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2013, 1:37 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, EK Gold, BA Gold
If the foot stool is lying on the floor, it shouldn't be left for the passenger to raise the issue.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 1:38 pm
Moz

Programs: BA Gold, Delta SM, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by stevie
I was the guy who started that thread some weeks ago, and since I have changed all my booking elsewhere
Confused. If BA is so terrible and "you have transferred all your booking elsewhere" and.......you could have taken a direct YVR-FRA with LH, why didnt you?
Old Aug 21, 2013, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by Moz
Confused. If BA is so terrible and "you have transferred all your booking elsewhere" and.......you could have taken a direct YVR-FRA with LH, why didnt you?
I class booking I could not change.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 2:32 pm
Moz

Programs: BA Gold, Delta SM, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold
I class booking I could not change.
OK, understood.

Out of interest, where have you moved all your business?
Old Aug 21, 2013, 2:35 pm

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
Balancing view

Having transferred my loyalty from Virgin to BA I believe that BA has many good points and having just flown out to Denver and back from Phoenix in club last week i must say that the service, food punctuality were excellent. I think the CW seat is on par with most other J class products. The only minus point is the CE product which can be variable. Last week in my case poor into London and excellent back to Alicante. I am going to HKG in December and looked at CX but having had great service from BA plus the new 380 I am quite happy to keep BA as mY airline of choice
Old Aug 21, 2013, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by dubbin
When the seatbelt sign is on, how are the crew supposed to answer the bell and bring you a glass of water?
They are immune to the problems of turbulence as they wear velco socks. That's why shortly after take off they get up and start chatting and doing things while all us passengers have to remain firmly tied down.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 2:50 pm

64k - footrest lay on floor on entering cabin - I guess a oversized person sat on it. After take off I told them this and asked for CSD.
Would it not have been more useful to mention the broken footrest before take off? They could then have summoned an engineer to at least attempt a fix.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
You are a fool. Sorry to be so blunt, but this was really stupid.
An upstairs with a broken footrest and side bins for your feet is better than aisle downstairs.

I had rather have a fool to make me merry than experience to make me sad and to travel for it too.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 6:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Can I help you
I wouldn't have offered you any compensation as you refused another CW seat, an apology yes, but nothing more.
Indeed.....I had some sympathy for the OP up until he informed us that he refused to move to a fully functioning seat in the same cabin class.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 11:15 pm

End of line? Looks like it.

/Mod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.