Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

School Hols - T5 lounge dragons baring teeth

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

School Hols - T5 lounge dragons baring teeth

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2013, 4:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond + Ambassador, Accor Gold, Avis President's Club, Heathrow Rewards
Originally Posted by V10
Throw enough rocks at the bear, and eventually it's going to get angry.

Personally I would like to retain the ability to guest someone in every so often, rather than move to the much-easier-to-enforce situation where access is ONLY granted to an individual in possession of the right shiny card or boarding pass.
Agreed! ^

Originally Posted by jacobitetraveller
many sensible posters comments have just been swamped by this two way conversation
You haven't been on this interweb thingy for long, have you?

Originally Posted by Paralytic
So, did we work out if dragons do or do not have teeth?
Well, according to the ancient Greeks they certainly do.
If you plant them, they should grow into a warrior, which would be handy to keep out the serial abusers.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 4:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond + Ambassador, Accor Gold, Avis President's Club, Heathrow Rewards
Originally Posted by V10
Coming up later, it transpires that the CCR is in fact guarded by a giant three-headed dog.
I always thought that was a horse with a lampshade.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 4:11 pm

I like dragons
Old Aug 2, 2013, 4:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
No, that's why they make soup.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=soup+dragon+clangers&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari#biv=i%7C0%3Bd%7CQX89qpdy63oB3M%3 A
Old Aug 2, 2013, 4:21 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
Originally Posted by V10
At some point it appears that they turn into vultures. I don't know if they have teeth either.

Coming up later, it transpires that the CCR is in fact guarded by a giant three-headed dog.
THAT'S SOOOO COOOLL

Does it also have a room of flying keys (or boarding passes anyway), a set of living chess men and a murderous giant plant? And can one use the Philosopher's stone to make tier points?
Old Aug 2, 2013, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by V10
At some point it appears that they turn into vultures. I don't know if they have teeth either.
No they don't.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 4:28 pm
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
This Is GOOD News!

Originally Posted by ScruttonStreet
^

I, for one, am pleased to see the rules being applied correctly.
+2^
Old Aug 2, 2013, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by exilencfc
and a murderous giant plant?
That would be Devil's Snare - the more you struggle, the harder it is to escape. Somewhat like this forum I think!
Old Aug 2, 2013, 4:34 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
Originally Posted by origin
If everyone took their whole family into the lounge, it will get filled up very quickly. The food would go very quickly and the service times increased. The rules are there to help everyone, not the few. Otherwise it will end up like a public lounge.
^^ This is it in a nutshell. Many want the rules "bent" for just themselves or their family and friends but would be extremely unhappy at the consequences of rule bending for everyone else who thinks "can they not do it just for me?".
Old Aug 2, 2013, 4:36 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
Originally Posted by alwaysbanevervs
That would be Devil's Snare - the more you struggle, the harder it is to escape. Somewhat like this forum I think!
Oh good somebody got the reference. The question is whethere the different potions are all served in the lounge
Old Aug 2, 2013, 4:48 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Why have I just read all of this thread. So much of my life lost! Dragons please close the lounge and leave them all outside.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 5:40 pm
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by MNManInKen
I always thought that was a horse with a lampshade.
Those also familiar with the works of Dante will recall the feared horse with a lampshade, guardian of the 5th circle of Hellthrow. Here poor souls that once engaged in the avaricious pursuit of access to BA lounges are condemned to spend the rest of eternity eating limitless tureens of Baxter Storey mustard chicken, shortly before the gate is finally announced.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 6:55 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I wish the lounge ladies in BOM had some teeth on the 18th Jul. There I was minding my own business when in comes a family of four. Mother and father and two very noisy children. When I say noisy I mean the kind that is impossible to ignore. One was running up and down the length of the lounge screaming at the top of his voice. The parents didn't seem to care less.

I spoke to the lounge lady who spoke with the parents while the child was running up and down the lounge. I gave it five minutes and nothing changed. I was not the only one looking disturbed so I offered the lounge lady a suggestion. Either she ejected the family or I'd leave. She said she'd already spoken to them and as far as she was concerned that was all she could do. Needless to say, I packed up and left to find some peace (but no wifi) elsewhere. I don't know whether they both had lounge access or whether extra guesting was going on.

Thankfully I was cocooned in perfect quiet in 1A on the flight and never saw them again.

A disappointing experience. I can see how it can be hard for those behind the desk but that really was a bit ridiculous.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 1:27 am

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush. And Nouveau Bronze
Honestly, there's absolutely no reason for poor little children to be turned away from lounges. There will always be businessmen and businesswomen traveling solo in a lounge already. BA should just page one of them to come to front desk and "invite" them to guest in the spare child.

If they refuse, BA could always expel them from the lounge for being mean spirited.

It's very simple.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 3:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Greg66
Honestly, there's absolutely no reason for poor little children to be turned away from lounges. There will always be businessmen and businesswomen traveling solo in a lounge already. BA should just page one of them to come to front desk and "invite" them to guest in the spare child.

If they refuse, BA could always expel them from the lounge for being mean spirited.

It's very simple.
popcorn machine turned on

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.