Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA EMB 170 at JFK?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2013, 2:31 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by FlyingDL4Fun
Haha I stand corrected and highly disappointed with myself. However I'm not as disappointed as someone sitting in an A318 across the pond
What do you mean?

The 318 is actually a very sought after service offering only CW into LCY.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Haha I stand corrected and highly disappointed with myself. However I'm not as disappointed as someone sitting in an A318 across the pond
It's all business class, 32 seats only, and easily the best service BA do
Old Jul 9, 2013, 2:34 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Well you have obviously never been on it then FLYINGDL4FUN.
32 seats. no nonsense. Is their a better way across?

It is something BA have got right....
Old Jul 9, 2013, 2:36 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Take a look.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...p/public/en_gb
Old Jul 9, 2013, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Wow, wrong twice in the same thread. As noted by others it is not disappointing and is a rather nice service.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
OP Here...I'm pretty sure I would bet my kids on it (if I had any) that it was NOT an A318.
Virtual infanticide!

And I join the others - have a look at the numerous threads where people say how gutted they are when their A318 service is cancelled and they have to fly the route on "regular" Club World (which is already a good product) and you'll change your expectations about the route. As others say, one of the most distinctive and best of all BA services.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 2:44 pm

Location: New York, NY, AA 4MM PLT, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, CC Gold
Disappointed? I LOVED my JFK-LCY flight last week. I'll take it over UD on the 744 whenever I can.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 2:45 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I went on the LCY-JFK service last August and I was not disappointed

I reckon it is better than normal BA J, and very arguably better than BA F. Appreciate the OP's surprise though at seeing such a small jet doing a TATL and parked up near the usual 747s and 777s.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond MM, SPG Platinum, Skywards Silver
Listen, I've been on plenty of flatbeds, and I wasn't commenting on the seats. Just my preference to not fly across the pond in a single aisle, narrow body a/c that needs to stop for fuel on the west bound portion. Wow, a snarky bunch! (that's my attempt as a British phrase)

Thanks for answering my question everyone!
Old Jul 9, 2013, 2:50 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Listen, I've been on plenty of flatbeds, and I wasn't commenting on the seats. Just my preference to not fly across the pond in a single aisle, narrow body a/c that needs to stop for fuel on the west bound portion. Wow, a snarky bunch! (that's my attempt as a British phrase)

I don't think anyone was being snarky to you really.

This is a genuine question to you, how come you wouldn't like to fly across the Atlantic in a small single aisle jet? I appreciate it would be crap in Y with 130 odd others crammed in, but in a 32J config like this?
Old Jul 9, 2013, 2:52 pm

I think people were just shocked that you though it would not be a nice experience.

I expect you imagined it in a short haul configuration and of course that would be not nice.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 2:54 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Snarky is not a British Phrase.

Having flown 707s 747s 757s 767s 777s A300s A310 A330s oh and the odd C130.....
Including many flights on Continental, (LGW) back in the day, I can honestly say I don't think their is a better flight in the sky (anymore perhaps since Concorde was grounded.)
Try it. You mike like it.

It is the closest most of us come to an exec. jet.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 2:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Listen, I've been on plenty of flatbeds, and I wasn't commenting on the seats. Just my preference to not fly across the pond in a single aisle, narrow body a/c that needs to stop for fuel on the west bound portion. Wow, a snarky bunch! (that's my attempt as a British phrase
It's the closest thing most people would get to flying transatlantic in a private jet. If you're lucky it might actually feel like it too, if the loads are light. Plus, for many of the users it's maybe a 20 minute journey from the office to the airport.

Plus, remembering this is Flyertalk, you get extra Tier Points for flying the service, too.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 3:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments

The fuel stop can be handy to pre clear US immigration and customs - makes up for the added time (if on BA1). Have done it in reverse and thoroughly enjoyed it - booked on BA1 next Thursday from LCY but work may intervene. Rescheduling I can cope with, but don't think I can get LCY flight for anything sensible so may require a LHR start instead (boo!)
Old Jul 9, 2013, 3:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Rescheduling I can cope with, but don't think I can get LCY flight for anything sensible so may require a LHR start instead (boo!)
A prime candidate for an ex-EU departure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.