Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

"Enjoy priority boarding on all British Airways flights."

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Enjoy priority boarding on all British Airways flights."

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2013, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by paulwelch101
I suppose even worse as there was no fast track security for CE passengers at HEL airport!
So exactly how much you waited at HEL security? 2 minutes? 5?
Old Jul 6, 2013, 4:49 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
We flew from BRU on Wednesday lunchtime as Gold and in CE and we were offered early boarding.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 4:50 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
MUC last week was a free for all for me, on the other hand GLA was dealt with beautifully a few days later.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 7:19 pm

Programs: BAEC
I flew from BRU to LHR and connected long haul yesterday. CE check-in line was longer then ET or bag drop off at BRU but priority boarding was offered and some ineligible passengers were send back.

Of course connection fast track security at T5 north was a nightmare and twice as long as the normal line. Boarding at T5B, fast track was available but the line was very long. And from reading some boarding passes half the people weren't supposed to be there but nobody was send back. I felt more like the line for families with small children then fast track.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 7:22 pm

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by pennineuk
The problem with MAN is that the invitation for elites is to board at any time and often comes at the end of the first announcement of rows X to Y only, by which time a significant queue has developed.
MAN has a pathological hatred of premium customers. There's no working premium check in (et is almost always faster), fastlane is mixed with Ryanair passengers running late and large loudmouth families, no priority through the photo booths, no priority on boarding.

Then there's the whole penny pinching on arrival, charging for a luggage trolley. Way to say FU to foreign arrivals.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 8:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by Nick777
I flew from BRU to LHR and connected long haul yesterday. CE check-in line was longer then ET or bag drop off at BRU but priority boarding was offered and some ineligible passengers were send back.

Of course connection fast track security at T5 north was a nightmare and twice as long as the normal line. Boarding at T5B, fast track was available but the line was very long. And from reading some boarding passes half the people weren't supposed to be there but nobody was send back. I felt more like the line for families with small children then fast track.
We flew BRU - LHR with a connecting LH flight Wednesday. No problem at BRU although we were hand luggage only. Arrived at T5 early - was going to be a B gate but we snagged an A gate somehow. From deplaning to Flounge was 20 minutes - FastTrack actually worked and we had a very easy transit. Boarding our MIA flight we were once again offered pre-boarding.

Just the luck of the draw I guess.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 9:05 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
The CE buses are always provided on arrival at T3 but never on departure. Have avoided a bus at T5 for quite some time so no recent experience there.
I'd avoided it for almost 2 years - until my flight to New York last Tuesday, A10. No priority once through the gate. Got to the aircraft and it poured down with rain and a bus load of pax queuing on the single uncovered stairway with me at the vey back of the queue. I was absolutely drenched

Certainly no premium service.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 3:19 am

Programs: Priority Club Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, formerly BA Gold, formerly KLM silver
In my experience, priority boarding at LGW depends entirely which gate you go from. Specifically whether the boarding pass check is before or after the waiting area.

If the boarding pass check is done on entry to a seating area at the gate then once priority boarding is announced it's very rare for one of the gate staff to stand at the exit from the seating area and check boarding passes. Without checking, people whose English isn't that good or who weren't paying attention or who don't care just see some people boarding and follow them. Net result - no priority boarding.

If the gate is one where the boarding pass check only happens literally when you board then priority boarding normally works OK. Most of the time the gate staff will turn back people who aren't entitled to it.

In contrast, at AMS priority boarding does generally work as there is a seating area both before and after the boarding pass check. The boarding pass check only starts just before boarding is about to start and they will turn back people not entitled to priority boarding. The hazard at AMS is that the automated announcements only refer to priority boarding for CE and gold but not for silver. Fortunately the staff know the truth.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 5:08 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I enjoyed using the priority boarding lane for 5 of the 4 flights I took recently.

Work that one out.
You enjoyed it SO MUCH you boarded one of the flights TWICE?!

Where's my prize!
Old Jul 8, 2013, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by Action Man
"Enjoy priority boarding on all British Airways flights.".
Just logged on my EC account and that popped up as one of my gold benefits which reminded me of this thread.

On a recent PMI to LCY there was no fast track/priority boarding. A general boarding call was made (a queue formed at that point) and the gate agent went on to say "we invite passengers in CE and BA Exec Club Gold and Silver members to board at their leisure".

What's the point of that when there was already a queue?

Out of interest, how many on here would interpret "board at leisure" to mean push to the front of the queue (which I didn't do btw but am I too polite)?
Old Jul 8, 2013, 4:44 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by ReadystEDIgo
Out of interest, how many on here would interpret "board at leisure" to mean push to the front of the queue (which I didn't do btw but am I too polite)?
It would depend on the situation and length of the queue, but in most cases I would make my way to the front of the queue
Old Jul 8, 2013, 5:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Last nights slightly delayed Boeing 767 from CPH to LHR ended up a free for all from a very hot C32 gate at CPH...no priority boarding offered whatsoever....when I remarked that it was like EasyJet of old - the comment just went over their heads....great crew onboard though.....

Incidently that shared lounge at CPH is also pretty poor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.