Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

"Enjoy priority boarding on all British Airways flights."

Old Jul 6, 13, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club, AC Aéroplan, Accor ALL

I think the people who wrote this statement need to try travelling ex BRU or LUX with a Gold card in CE. Lucky to even get priority check-in, the CE sign is meaningless. ...and bag drop? What does that mean? Exactly the same process and procedure. Frequently issued paper boarding cards despite presenting my iPhone boarding card. Perhaps they lack the proper equipment(?)

Has anyone else noticed this in their travels? I once missed a flight in the Club queue at BRU waiting for 2 Nigerian-bound ET passengers to finish their argument with generic handling staff about their excess baggage. Rang customer support and they listened to the whole thing on speakerphone. I got some Avios, but still missed my flight.
Old Jul 6, 13, 5:16 am

I thought priority boarding HAD been introduced at Brussels. There was certainly a lane for it this week, but when I walked up the lady admonished me for queue jumping and waved me back towards the other line. I held my ground and she reluctantly let me board.

I don't appreciate being made to feel like some kind of PITA though.
Old Jul 6, 13, 5:21 am

Programs: BA GGL; Hilton Diamond
MAN is pretty terrible too. All LCY services and shocking in my experience
Old Jul 6, 13, 6:14 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by loungesnob View Post
MAN is pretty terrible too. All LCY services and shocking in my experience
The problem with MAN is that the invitation for elites is to board at any time and often comes at the end of the first announcement of rows X to Y only, by which time a significant queue has developed.
Old Jul 6, 13, 7:03 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
This really annoys me. It is just untrue. Where does it say "on all flights except where you are bussed to the plane or when we just can't be bothered"?
Old Jul 6, 13, 10:29 am

Programs: BMI Silver, BA Silver
It is completely untrue. I recently flew LHR - HEL and found that they closed the CE boarding lane at T3 just before I was about to use it. The staff member continued to board the ET passengers as I waited - finally he decided to call me forward. Waited in the holding pen a few minutes to be put onto buses to the aircraft.

The whole experience (apart from the rude agent) was repeated in the opposite direction. I suppose even worse as there was no fast track security for CE passengers at HEL airport!

I've heard stories about additional buses being used for CE passengers, but I've never experienced this... Why advertise something you don't provide?
Old Jul 6, 13, 10:31 am

ARN actually has a dedicated Fast Track boarding desk these days. I suppose this is a good change after the move back to T2.

In my experience FT at LHR is entirely hit and miss
Old Jul 6, 13, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Petrus View Post
In my experience FT at LHR is entirely hit and miss
You do surprise me. I know I'm an infrequent flyer in comparison to you, but at LHR T5 and LGW(N) I have always had priority boarding. Same in JER, come to that, and indeed everywhere else I've been with BA over the last 10 years.
Old Jul 6, 13, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BRU certainly offered it earlier this year.

T5 pretty much always offers it, whereas the T3 experience is pitiful for shorthaul and patchy for longhaul, largely down to the gate design.

At many outstations it seems entirely dependent on the staff that day. At BUD it will sometimes be offered and policed...at others the sign will be there but no-one will manage it and Fastrack will have a long line of incompetent fussing slow moving leisure pax.
Old Jul 6, 13, 11:00 am

Programs: Starbucks Rewards GOLD
Originally Posted by paulwelch101:21049832
I've heard stories about additional buses being used for CE passengers, but I've never experienced this... Why advertise something you don't provide?
I don't think the separate buses are an advertised benefit of CE.

Having said that, this service is only provided on arrival. I travel frequently s/h to T3 and in the past year or so always had a separate bus on arrival.
Old Jul 6, 13, 11:23 am

Programs: A-Club Platinum, AMEX, BAEC GGL

Priority boarding was a shambles last week LHR-IAH at T5 02/7/13 for the 14:20.
Old Jul 6, 13, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The CE buses are always provided on arrival at T3 but never on departure. Have avoided a bus at T5 for quite some time so no recent experience there.
Old Jul 6, 13, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Airports that don't offer priority boarding are simply contravening BA's own advertised policy regarding this benefit for Silver/Gold members.

IMO, perfectly legit in these circumstances for eligible pax to walk to the front of the queue and ask politely to board.
Old Jul 6, 13, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
I enjoyed using the priority boarding lane for 5 of the 4 flights I took recently.

Work that one out.
Old Jul 6, 13, 4:39 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA
Blame it on old age, HIDDY (Yes I've read your TR!)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: