Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2024, 11:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by PETER01
Very interesting to hear folks news, trips etc and a photo too!

Your too old for a Loincloth HIDDY!
I just said it to give PUCCI GALORE a Friday thrill.
BA or bust, PETER01, DaveS and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
Good Very Happy Friday from Twin Falls, Idaho!

I'm pleased to announce the sun is shining, my lawn has just been power raked and aerated. This week I made it to BAEC Gold and on the same day had a wisdom tooth extracted...

...a Gold Tooth? Don't know if this qualifies above or below a Golden Ticket; I'm still a newbie BAEC flyer and don't understand all the levels and lingo yet.

Cheers,

-Cyborg
BA or bust, HIDDY, PETER01 and 3 others like this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 12:07 pm

Just back to CEI from HKT and BKK. My old Dan-Air mate is home safe and sound as well. I need a week to dry out now, but I'm sure I'll cope. Young miss rapidex is skiing in Japan and young rapidex is off to France skiing. For me, feet up for a while. Have a great weekend one and all.
BA or bust, SKT-DK, HIDDY and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 12:08 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DeathSlam
I love HK but the last time I was there it was already getting to the point where English was very much a third or fourth language so the special Britishness of the place largely felt gone.
I wonder what it is like now after the crackdowns?

I'm just back to the UK from Tobago and browsing FT has got me looking to see where else sunny I can go as I try to cope with the temperature drop.
We both feel it is more quiet since before the craze of the world. And much less foreigners around. But HK still has its charm At least I like it, and much prefer it to eg. Singapore
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:54 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Doesn't it feel just like a Friday? Happy long weekend everyone!
HIDDY, DaveS, TTmex and 1 others like this.

Last edited by alex67500; Mar 28, 2024 at 1:47 pm Reason: typo
Old Mar 28, 2024, 9:03 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by alex67500
Doesn't it feel just like a Friday? Happy long weekend anyone!
You got me. I didn't twig that I shouldn't be seeing this thread pop up at all as I am 'fully Friday'.
HIDDY, TTmex and JapesUK like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 9:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Happy early-Friday from Mexico. Writing this from home, which may be a rarity in these next months.

My business trip is fully confirmed now and I've been busy booking the flights to get the best gig possible. With the new TP year starting in the coming days, I think I've found a way to maximize returns while not being able to fly up in the pointy end. I was in two minds due to having already hit Gold renewal a couple of months back, but the temptation of the GUF2 and getting a good start to the "new" year was too tempting. Fares to Asia from Mexico or USA are crazy expensive in J, so had to settle for W and hope that JAL's Bid to Upgrade works . I will be frequenting Singapore, Manila, KL, and Jakarta during my trip. Exciting times.

Either way, in true FT fashion, I have sculpted a route that gives me both a kick toward a GUF2 (for current TP year until Aug) and a positive start on the new year starting.

Rather than going via LAX, I'm doing MEX-JFK-ORD, spending a night in ORD before doing ORD-HND-SIN with a stopover at the Park Royal T3 on the way. Total haul on the way out 140+40+100+90 (bagging a healthy 370)...

When away I'm imagining I'd can get 40-120 on some short-haul Malaysian flights. Not booked up yet, but will do so soon.

Return is from Jakarta via Tokyo, so that's CGK-NRT-ORD, followed by a couple of nights in Chicago to catch up with clients before ORD-JFK-MEX (which unfortunately the ORD-JFK leg is booking into economy mid-bucket due to no more J seats apparently). The CGK-NRT is in economy but books into economy flex bucket on the PE ticket, so that's 70+100 followed by 10+140, so looking at 320 there. An 11-hour day out in Tokyo en route, too.

All in all, I hope to be no more than about 80 away from my GUF2 and over halfway to Gold for the new TP year.

All that remains is to enjoy the lounge trips now. I've calculated that I've got Flagships in JFK and ORD, JAL First in Haneda (can't remember what they have in NRT), Qantas First in Singapore, First Lounge in KUL. Not looked up Jakarta's offering yet, if any and I already know how miserable the lounge was in MNL - hopefully the JAL lounge there is back open this time I go through.

Oh, the fun part. I land home from this trip on a Tuesday and fly out MEX-LHR-JNB on the Friday. (Gulp)

Enjoy the long weekend

EDIT: oops, also forgot to mention that with the current Marriott double nights offer, this trip will have me at Titanium level before end of April. Nuts I love FT for giving me the will do put in the extra miles to get these perks
SKT-DK, HIDDY, T8191 and 3 others like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by TTmex
I love FT for giving me the will do put in the extra miles to get these perks
Kudos. Shared insanity means it must be ok
BA or bust, SKT-DK, HIDDY and 5 others like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 10:06 am

A nice start to the Easter Break. Salt Beef made and hopefully the Scottish weather plays ball for the weekend.

Have a good one everyone.
BA or bust, HIDDY, T8191 and 8 others like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 11:14 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
So apologies first of all for missing last Friday's update but, once again, we were on the road. This time it was to Hanford, CA for a wedding. The wedding was lovely but it was bitterly cold and it stotted down.

This weekend we're at home for the first time this month. No long Easter weekend here. In fact it's starting to be non-PC to use the "E" word. Lots of cards now have Happy Spring Break instead.
HIDDY, TTmex and JapesUK like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:16 pm

First bit of proper long haul flying this year - been looking forward to this for a while. Easter with family in Singapore (via HEL - BA prices crazy this year) then a week's r&r in Vietnam.

Nice to see the sun again - been hammering it down all week.
HIDDY, KARFA, DaveS and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:19 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I just said it to give PUCCI GALORE a Friday thrill.
I missed this - I suppose that one could describe Nausea as a sort of thrill,

Easter weekend and we are not moving anywhere even though the gales are moving around us, We did the main shop today and are set for the weekend. Him Indoors is off to a Rugby Match tomorrow and so I will go and pick what's left of him and his mates and he and haul them home. This means that I cannot have a G&T which I think is a great sacrifice. Love means always going without so that he can get hammered.
HIDDY, Geordie405, rapidex and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
We did the main shop today and are set for the weekend.
2kg lamb shoulder plus an unfeasible amount of vegetables are ready for cross check at Slam Towers.
You would think there should be leftovers on Sunday but I suspect that won't happen.
No chocolate eggs or flourescent yellow bunny decorations will be harmed in the process.
Friday itself will be in the quaint town of Shrewsbury UK
PUCCI GALORE, HIDDY, DaveS and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Happy Friday one and all!

Finally getting to spend a few nights at home, no travel plans at all for the next 7 days. Might actually catch up with the housework, maybe

Cw novice That salt beef looks good!
HIDDY, DaveS, firstlight and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Cw novice
Salt Beef made.
Originally Posted by JapesUK
That salt beef looks good!
Aye, a thing of beauty no doubt.
My gran (dear departed) cooked because she liked cooking and pleasing people. I cook because I like eating nice food!
I strongly suspect HIDDY could trump us all with a picture of his most proud beef experience.
DaveS, TTmex and JapesUK like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.