Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2021, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I shall put my happiness on hold until 17:00 (UK) when our esteemed Transport Minister may be revealing where we Brits are allowed to travel after 17 May!
TTmex likes this.
Old May 7, 2021, 8:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by T8191
I shall put my happiness on hold until 17:00 (UK) when our esteemed Transport Minister may be revealing where we Brits are allowed to travel after 17 May!
Yes, I fear quite a few people may be in for some continued disappointment. Perhaps I jumped the gun, but I'm keeping the faith. Fingers crossed for you
T8191 likes this.
Old May 7, 2021, 1:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Not been a good week here Covid wise....getting worse more than a year after it started. At least the missus and I got our first Sputnik V vaccinations.
Old May 7, 2021, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Not been a good week here Covid wise....getting worse more than a year after it started. At least the missus and I got our first Sputnik V vaccinations.
Every little helps. Keep the faith.
Fuerza!
HIDDY and becks1 like this.
Old May 7, 2021, 1:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by TTmex
Every little helps. Keep the faith.
Fuerza!
Yes no point in greetin' about it.
To be fair, here in our town out in the sticks, apart from having to wear a mask, life is more or less normal. The economy has always been a flippin' disaster anyway.
SKT-DK and TTmex like this.
Old May 7, 2021, 1:58 pm

That's the spirit. Friday night, carne asada, malbec and alfajores!
SKT-DK, HIDDY and yellow_peril like this.
Old May 8, 2021, 11:17 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Yes no point in greetin' about it.
To be fair, here in our town out in the sticks, apart from having to wear a mask, life is more or less normal. The economy has always been a flippin' disaster anyway.
That is the same here, actually - we try to spend more time outside of the city in a seaside province, and out there life goes on as normal, except for masks. Guess that’s the main benefit of work-from-home!

Happy weekend all !
HIDDY and TTmex like this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 8:17 pm

Still Friday night here in Mexico and am checked in for flight over to London. Been a long time in the waiting but finally heading home to reunite with family after 18 months. Sat near the gate with but a mere glimpse of the left wing tip, but excited to get on board. Light at the end of the tunnel, all. Thanks for being a great community
Old Sep 2, 2021, 5:23 pm

Thought I would reignite this again as got nothing better to do. Actually booked a flight today and upgraded to CW with Avios. Is for April next year MEX-LHR-BCN! Also booked a MEX-DFW return out in J, back in Y, so got that to look forward to in Oct! I miss flying. In this time of limited travel, it's the small things that matter.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 8:05 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Happy Friday! I miss flying too, absolutely - and need to start thinking about how to use my expiring GUF2 (and QR travel voucher) soon in the hope that this country will re-open soon!
yellow_peril and TTmex like this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 2:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Happy Friday! I miss flying too, absolutely - and need to start thinking about how to use my expiring GUF2 (and QR travel voucher) soon in the hope that this country will re-open soon!
My GUF2 was extended by 6 months earlier this week - check yours
yellow_peril likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 2:21 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Happy Friday all 😊

I'm happy that the CCR is open again and that my first flight this week was almost on time. I'm also happy that I have booked flights to Moscow for next month. I love that city.

I am however concerned that we haven't heard for a while from PETER01 who started this thread. I hope he's still around.
SKT-DK, yellow_peril and TTmex like this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
A Happy [and Sunny] Friday to you all!

Sadly, 3 weeks after our holiday in Antigua, my tan is fading already ... and we're not finding any further holiday options that meet our spec and make financial sense. However, we're still in good health, so really mustn't grumble!
Old Sep 3, 2021, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by WickedStepMother
My GUF2 was extended by 6 months earlier this week - check yours
*Off I go...* Oh you are right! It has had six more months added to it as well - even happier Friday now
Old Sep 3, 2021, 4:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling

I am however concerned that we haven't heard for a while from PETER01 who started this thread. I hope he's still around.
Oh I'm still here and read every day. My work in the NHS which is COVID related really has literally taken all my time since January along with a family illness.

I'm still as keen to get flying again and with the lack of flights, cabin questions etcetc which I mostly commented on the board has been full of re-bookng/voucher questions etc but I'll definitely be back quite soon and get posting again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.