Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, DL Platinum
In the last two days: JFK-LHR-EDI-LCY-ZUR-LCY-EDI but work done and here in Grangemouth for the wedding of the year. My goodness but LCY was awful at 6pm tonight and thank goodness for my semi-flex [insert Carry-On script as necessary]
Old Mar 11, 2016, 3:30 pm

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Well dayum, if i wasn't heading the other way i would have invited you out for a beer to clear the post wedding hangover! Ach weel, enjoy the wedding!
Old Mar 11, 2016, 6:29 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by dylanks
Early PSP-PHX this morning, short trip home, and then PHX-LHR tonight...
Well, for my first flight as GGL, I've received my first ever opup on BA after ten years, from 64K to 1A!
Old Mar 12, 2016, 4:32 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by dylanks
Well, for my first flight as GGL, I've received my first ever opup on BA after ten years, from 64K to 1A!
congrats on becoming GGL and the OpUp.

very jealous you were in PSP - one of the hotels there is one of my favourite places in the world with very fond memories.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 2:38 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by chris1979
congrats on becoming GGL and the OpUp.

very jealous you were in PSP - one of the hotels there is one of my favourite places in the world with very fond memories.
Thanks! I'd be curious which hotel, as I usually end up at the Renaissance which is nothing to write home about, but convenient as it's connected to their convention center. My annual trip is for a conference every year, so probably not as fond as your memories!
Old Mar 13, 2016, 8:21 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Two days late but my Friday was shi?e...... What was meant to be my first relaxing holiday in a year and spending my time with my dearly beloved in East Java, she goes and breaks a bone in her foot so we spent our Friday evening in hospital. Couldn't make it up with my luck and holidays.

Safe & Happy Travels (and watch out for rogue stones underfoot).

S
Old Mar 13, 2016, 10:19 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Sorry to hear that Saltire! Miserable stuff, i broke my little toe quite deep in my foot on night one of a two week tour in costa rica. Canny beat ziplining with a throbbing foot you are trying to ignore!

Last edited by jcm9000; Mar 13, 2016 at 10:55 am
Old Mar 13, 2016, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Saltire74
Two days late but my Friday was shi?e...... What was meant to be my first relaxing holiday in a year and spending my time with my dearly beloved in East Java, she goes and breaks a bone in her foot so we spent our Friday evening in hospital. Couldn't make it up with my luck and holidays.
S
I'll see you a broken foot...and raise you a blood clotting failure with jaundice (1st Jan while we were in US on holiday). BA were frabjous in protecting my return sectors, which I missed as was in the ER with Mr HH. He was supposed to fly on 8th, and was ordered to fly home PDQ on medical grounds ....Swiss were within their rights but obnoxious and said he'd have to buy a new ticket to fly earlier. I now have carte blanche to insist we go BA or oneworld whenever possible, even if connections are required

(he's doing fine....straight from the airport to 7 weeks in hospital...we were told the medical evacuation insurer (REGA) were preparing to send a medical transport if we'd not been able to get seats on a commercial flight when we did, the medics in US had warned them his fit-to-fly window was closing fast)
Old Mar 13, 2016, 7:17 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by heckenhocker
I'll see you a broken foot...and raise you a blood clotting failure with jaundice (1st Jan while we were in US on holiday). BA were frabjous in protecting my return sectors, which I missed as was in the ER with Mr HH. He was supposed to fly on 8th, and was ordered to fly home PDQ on medical grounds ....Swiss were within their rights but obnoxious and said he'd have to buy a new ticket to fly earlier. I now have carte blanche to insist we go BA or oneworld whenever possible, even if connections are required

(he's doing fine....straight from the airport to 7 weeks in hospital...we were told the medical evacuation insurer (REGA) were preparing to send a medical transport if we'd not been able to get seats on a commercial flight when we did, the medics in US had warned them his fit-to-fly window was closing fast)
Glad to hear the good sir is on the mend and yes, that puts a broken foot in a slightly different light. Good that BA were supportive and accommodating.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Mar 14, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: Cunard WorldClub-Gold,Silverseas Venetian society,Alitalia Mille miglia,SPG,Fairmont,IHG.
I'll see your blood clotting/jaundice issue, and raise you with a RTC pedestrian v Toyota Corolla in DXB! Cue 3 weeks in the Rashidiyah hospital, and a full stretcher case home....the week before Xmas.

(I was travelling with my fiance when I got mown down- he was the F/O due to operate the BCal DXB-LGW flt home that night......that took a bit of last minute reorganisation!)
Old Mar 14, 2016, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by no longer atc
I'll see your blood clotting/jaundice issue, and raise you with a RTC pedestrian v Toyota Corolla in DXB! Cue 3 weeks in the Rashidiyah hospital, and a full stretcher case home....the week before Xmas.

(I was travelling with my fiance when I got mown down- he was the F/O due to operate the BCal DXB-LGW flt home that night......that took a bit of last minute reorganisation!)
I cede to you! Do hope the Corolla is doing well and that you made/are making a full recovery

Do we have any advance on an RTC + med-evac + disrupt the flight crew?
Old Mar 15, 2016, 4:42 am

Programs: BAEC, IHG, LeClub, HHonors
Originally Posted by heckenhocker
I cede to you! Do hope the Corolla is doing well and that you made/are making a full recovery

Do we have any advance on an RTC + med-evac + disrupt the flight crew?
Id really hope not, sounds hellish.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 1:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
TGIF! Halfway through my 2 weeks back in Perth and it's been so good seeing friends and family again after almost two years away. I've certainly been making the most of the hot weather as well - it's a sunny 28 degrees today and I'm currently at the beach attempting to get a tan! A nice weekend ahead - off to Long Chim for dinner which is one of the hottest places to eat at the moment in the city before going to the pub tomorrow with a few mates to watch the Western Derby. It's not been cheap whilst over here though with the falling £ that's for sure!
Old Apr 8, 2016, 1:11 am

Programs: BAEC GfL, currently GGL
Spring has sprung...

And the bunnies are running around the apron between the 200 and 300 gates at DUB.

Rabbit pie for breakfast anyone?
Old Apr 8, 2016, 1:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
TGIF too. Just completed a major project late last night, now on holiday for two weeks and I turn 40 today. Fun starts tonight with a special dinner, the tomorrow a trip starts with Miss Vinotraveller - Venice, Bardolino, Verona, London, Islay.

Cannot wait for some r&r after a few hectic months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.