Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New aircraft 'training' flights : B787 to Stockholm and A380 to Frankfurt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 4, 2013, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BotB
The below calendar shows the historical information collected for the dates the new BA A380's flew on the short haul route between LHR and FRA. To see the dates the A380 and 787 flew in August 2013 and for further information, history, and other bits, please do read this post (or sit back with a good drink and read the whole thread!)

The quick and dirty guide:

A380 flew each day in Aug. except Wed. afternoons and did not fly at all on Saturdays. The A380 schedule was quite certain until the 23rd Sept. after which the timings proved to be very uncertain, however, there were some dates with the A380 between the 24th Sept. up until the 18th Oct. so many were lucky and did get the chance to fly these great new birds.

The 787's flew each day in Aug. from the 9th up to the 31st. From the 1st Sept. the flights to ARN (BA 780/781) returned to 767's . The training flights for the 787's are over.

Historical Calendar for those interested

A380 Timings Sept Oct Final by BA_pics, on Flickr

Please do update this wiki or thread with new/correct information if you should have any, especially for the dates with '?' showing as I could not find any info on those dates. Thanks, we hope you found this info useful and managed to get on one of the flights.

A380-787-training-flights-meetup-do-thread might be of interest to find out who indeed did fly and when!

Final update: 20/10/2013 @ 13:00 BST. Reason: Final Update (barring filling gaps)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2013, 3:43 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by insightAVIATION
Just Lower Deck is gonna be used for BA903 tomorrow...just checked-in: 26A
Thanks, calendars and threads updated to this point. ^

A VERY, VERY BIG THANK YOU to a fellow FTer for kindly providing confirmation on dates the A380 is scheduled to fly at the beginning of Sept. ^ (I believe they prefer to remain anonymous, however, if they see this and wish me to 'out' them...I'll happily do so! )

Enjoy your flight!

Last edited by BotB; Aug 29, 2013 at 4:20 am Reason: Adding info
Old Aug 30, 2013, 1:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere, but .....

If you book Club Europe do you get a seat in the Club World cabin on the A380?

TIA.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 2:01 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by BerksFlyer
Apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere, but .....

TIA.
You do! And it's very nice. Well worth the trip

Welcome to Flyertalk by the way!
Old Aug 30, 2013, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Welcome to FT, BerksFlyer!
Originally Posted by BerksFlyer
A simple answer: Yes.

Enjoy!
Old Aug 30, 2013, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hi all,

So myself and a friend are doing the FRA run on Sunday 8th BA902 out and BA903 back. Anyone else on the flight? Also thanks to everyone for your great posts, we really appreciate all your fantastic tips and advice.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by sigma421
You do! And it's very nice. Well worth the trip

Welcome to Flyertalk by the way!
Thanks Sigma421

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Welcome to FT, BerksFlyer!A simple answer: Yes.

Enjoy!
Thanks Globaliser.

Upgrade now purchased on 903 on 22/9.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 8:31 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Doesn't compute.....

Just raising a cautionary point regarding the FRA flights once the LAX route starts operating from 24 Sep.

At certain times in the week, the LAX schedule requires two A380s, specifically, for example, on Friday 27 Sep :

BA283 is departing LHR to LAX as 12:05
BA268 is arriving LHR from LAX at 15:45.
and
BA910, departing LHR 14:30, will apparently be A380 too.

Previous posts have indicated XLEC is not due until November, so unless the delivery schedule has changed and BA have 3 frames delivered and commissioned by the end of Sep, then something's gotta give.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 12:23 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Thanks Oxon Flyer, I'll update the calendar appropriately to warn that if one of the flights will fall out then there can be no doubt it will be the FRA training run that will!

Cheers,

Welcome onboard to VFRonTop and BerksFlyer ^

Hope you enjoy your flights and please do let us know what you thought afterwards in the hopes it helps others!

There are indeed others on the day you are travelling VFRonTop:

From the other thread about who is flying and which flights I see:

Sept. 8th

LHR - FRA (BA 902) 5 FTer's so far!

noFODplease+1 (CE) (silver, happy to guest or be guested)
Quark999
VFRonTop+1 (silver)

--

Sept. 8th

FRA - LHR (BA 903) 4 FTer's so far!

noFODplease+1 (CE) (silver, happy to guest)
VFRonTop+1 (silver)

Likely worth PM'ing them to see if you can meet up beforehand in the lounges or at least so you know who you are and then see if you can get a tour of the new plane!

Enjoy,
Old Aug 30, 2013, 12:45 pm

hey!

Im going to be on BA 902 on the 6th Sep! Only one way, but should be awesome!

Does anyone know if you can walk around the whole thing and have they been testing the IFE aswell?

Looking forward to it!
Old Aug 30, 2013, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by filton216
hey!

Im going to be on BA 902 on the 6th Sep! Only one way, but should be awesome!

Does anyone know if you can walk around the whole thing and have they been testing the IFE aswell?

Looking forward to it!
Welcome filton216 ^

You'll only need one way to be hooked, that much I can guarantee you!

From your handle one assumes you work at Airbus or Rolls Royce or at least are near the facilities of these great companies...if you do work at airbus or Rolls Royce, you'll love flying the new whale and seeing the results of your work. @:-) ...if not, I'm sure you'll love it just the same

Currently don't see anyone else on your flight but always worth checking out the general lounge meet up thread to find out if anyone could guest you into a lounge and share a glass or bite to eat.

Hope you enjoy the day and experience, please do let us know what you thought afterwards please!
Old Aug 30, 2013, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by BotB
Welcome filton216 ^

You'll only need one way to be hooked, that much I can guarantee you!

From your handle one assumes you work at Airbus or Rolls Royce or at least are near the facilities of these great companies...if you do work at airbus or Rolls Royce, you'll love flying the new whale and seeing the results of your work. @:-) ...if not, I'm sure you'll love it just the same

Currently don't see anyone else on your flight but always worth checking out the general lounge meet up thread to find out if anyone could guest you into a lounge and share a glass or bite to eat.

Hope you enjoy the day and experience, please do let us know what you thought afterwards please!
Ah great

Oh no! I dont work for any of those companies! I chose the name as I have a member of my family who live at the end of the now closed Filton Airfield and I was up there when AF (216) came back to land for the last time!

Cool and thank you
Old Sep 3, 2013, 12:54 pm

Wikipost calendar updated to this point.

The ARN run has returned to 767's since the 1st of Sept.

Once we see the latest 787 appear on that run I will post a Sept. calendar for it as well...(or once bjorns updates me )

Hope this info is still of use to those interested in trying to get a flight on the A380 or 787 SH runs in Sept. or possibly even Oct.

Please do post if you have any updates or info / corrections. Thanks. ^
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by BotB
Wikipost calendar updated to this point.

The ARN run has returned to 767's since the 1st of Sept.

Once we see the latest 787 appear on that run I will post a Sept. calendar for it as well...(or once bjorns updates me )

Hope this info is still of use to those interested in trying to get a flight on the A380 or 787 SH runs in Sept. or possibly even Oct.

Please do post if you have any updates or info / corrections. Thanks. ^
So have I missed anything whilst sunning myself in Greece? Any others off to LAX on the 1st A380?

Will post my pics from the 787 trip tomorrow!
Old Sep 4, 2013, 3:43 pm

Planefinder had just popped an alert up for me that G-XLEA is operating as BA25 tonight. BA app shows that flight as delayed, but 744 still. Substitute?
Old Sep 4, 2013, 3:52 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by trickster
Planefinder had just popped an alert up for me that G-XLEA is operating as BA25 tonight. BA app shows that flight as delayed, but 744 still. Substitute?
Are any WW crew trained on this or is it just MF? I thought it was just MF ATM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.