Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No IFE in F tatl

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2013, 9:32 am

Say someone checked in and then fell asleep at the airport and would have missed boarding their flight, only for them to awake and find that the flight had actually been cancelled. Should they be rerouted/refunded like all the other passengers?
Old May 31, 2013, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
So, if I understand you correctly:-
  1. [*]
I think you're right. This is getting ridiculous.
Right, i'll do this one more time, for the cheap seats. If you pay for a ticket thats includes food and IFE, then the airline must be able to provide you with both of those things regardless of anything. If they do not, they should compensate you.

Hopefully i won't have to repeat myself again.
Old May 31, 2013, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by lighting
If they do not, they should compensate you.
Even though you did not want the food, and neither knew nor cared one jot whether or not any food was available on the flight, and deliberately and voluntarily refused to avail yourself of it?

Even then, the airline should compensate you simply because some other people might have been disappointed?

Well, I suppose you've made your thinking on this quite clear.
Old May 31, 2013, 5:23 am
uk1
Suspended

Even though you did not want the food, and neither knew nor cared one jot whether or not any food was available on the flight, and deliberately and voluntarily refused to avail yourself of it?

Even then, the airline should compensate you simply because some other people might have been disappointed?

Is it my misunderstanding - but don't both of you agree and have exactly the same opinion - or is your question rhetorical?
Old May 31, 2013, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Correct.
Precisely, I received 20k as well. It was a truly boring flight given OF doesnt afford power compatible with an iPad, hence I just sat there for 6 hrs. Delta provided 25k for a mere four hour outage ISTJFK, in case anyone is interested. DL was automatic (appeared in account unexpectedly), whereas BA requires a form be filled out.
Old May 31, 2013, 9:04 am

Hopefully i won't have to repeat myself again.

Old Jun 1, 2013, 12:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
This has been more entertainment than was available on the bloody plane !!
All I did was describe a situation and wondered what the expected compensation was likely to be. I'm impatient is all....
I'm not a thief, I'm not interested in waiting in a line for something "free". I have more than enough resources to purchase just about anything I want but if someone came up to me and offered me something of value that didn't appear to be at the direct loss or cost of someone else, and it required little or no energy or time from me I can't imagine refusing it.
If the CSD had said we are offering 20k avoid because the IFE wasn't working during the flight but you have to stand in that line there and wait to fill out the form chances are I wouldn't have but that's not what happened.
I'm a pretty decent person but I'm not THAT ultruistic to refuse something of value for no effort and no real loss to someone else. And although its a value judgment with no objective evidence - I'm sure there aren't many who would turn this down. Sorry but not many are that ANGELIC.....
As stated at the beginning. I didn't ask, I didn't complain, and to be fair I didn't suffer but that was not the point. IT was offered and was dealt with in a way to enhance BA's customer care......
But this has been rediculously enjoyable. All I really was expecting here was a simple answer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.