FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   No IFE in F tatl (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1471061-no-ife-f-tatl.html)

aircrashsurvivor May 29, 2013 12:53 am

No IFE in F tatl

What's the usual compensation for IFE not working at all in F North America to LHR. CSD was great and handed everyone a form to fill out before landing and apologized that she was unable to get the IFE working at all for anyone. (Granted I slept the whole way and never even tried it so it was news to me it didn't work) but what is the usual AVIOS compensation ?

Globaliser May 29, 2013 12:59 am

Does this help?

aircrashsurvivor May 29, 2013 1:12 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser (Post 20828082)

To be honest not really. I'd just as soon if someone knew they'd give the answer :)

aircrashsurvivor May 29, 2013 1:18 am

Thanks

Originally Posted by Globaliser (Post 20828082)

Seriously. Thanks Globaliser. I was searching but obviously incorrectly. That narrowed it down. Looks like its variable between 5K and 50K
Anything would be a bonus seeing as I didn't even try to use it
I'd be happy with 20-25K

AlwaysOnTheRoad May 29, 2013 1:52 am

I can tell you Qantas gave everyone in First $400 AUD of duty free for a flight from Sydney to Hong Kong earlier this year. I was surprised at the amount. By the way, it was "Nancy" the A380 that had the uncontained engine failure several years ago.

lizban May 29, 2013 1:59 am

Am I understanding this correctly?

You want compensating for somthing that you didn't use, had no intention of using but didn't work?

Could you explain to me what loss you are trying to be compensated for?

Jenzo May 29, 2013 3:33 am

Originally Posted by lizban (Post 20828192)

You want compensating for somthing that you didn't use, had no intention of using but didn't work?

Its part of the service he paid for either cash or avios, you would want it to work if you couldnt sleep etc, but in this case he slept and didnt use it. I think it is perfectly reasonable to receive compensation.

Jenzo May 29, 2013 3:35 am

This will also be of use

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...tion-what.html

indianwells May 29, 2013 3:42 am

I have to agree. It wouldn't occur to me to claim compensation for something like this. I abhor the culture that has been created so that everyone, everywhere is looking for reward incommensurate to sufferance.

colmc May 29, 2013 3:47 am

Perhaps the OP is just curious?

aircrashsurvivor May 29, 2013 3:57 am

I wasn't asking you for your opinion on the matter. The CSD came round at the end of the flight apologizing and gave us all a form to fill out for compensation for something on the flight that didn't work according to BA's standards
Whether I used it or not is irrelevant. I didn't ask for compensation it was offered and at no cost to BA. I was asking if anyone had information on what was usually compensated. I will accept what is given and knowing in advance will not change anything. I was simply asking here as I am sitting on a train and am bored.

ThatT1Feeling May 29, 2013 3:59 am

Avoiding the morality, the answer to the OP's question is 20K Avios, assuming no other factors.

Can I help you May 29, 2013 4:05 am

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling (Post 20828473)
Avoiding the morality, the answer to the OP's question is 20K Avios, assuming no other factors.

Correct.

aircrashsurvivor May 29, 2013 4:11 am

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling (Post 20828473)

Thank you. It would not have occurred to me to have even thought about compensation, even if I had tried to use it. I bring lots to entertain myself on a flight as the IFE in most airlines I assume is not very good IME, I load several movies on my iPad and have books on my kindle. To spend a few dollars on movies myself is nothing compared to the 10's of thousands on the flight and it assures me of what I want. And as to the morality, it's not part of the question but to satisfy your curiosity about my morality whether you care or not, 2 yrs ago I was stranded in the UK for over a week due to the ash cloud and was offered a fair amount of money for hotels and meals and claimed ZERO I stayed with my daughter on her couch and I had to eat regardless of where I was so to claim money from BA for that seemed "immoral"
Anyway. Thanks for the answer to the question
End the thread

Sam Bee May 29, 2013 5:19 am

That's a crazy argument. I've flown longer distances without using IFE, or even eating as I was in the middle of a good book, or stuffed myself at the airport beforehand and was full.

However, i've always paid more money for an airline which has good IFE and reasonable food than the cheapest possible which has inedible slop and a large pull down screen because I want the option of food & entertainment.

It's not just about getting from A to B.