Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA199 flight from hell

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2013, 9:05 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Originally Posted by mfr2000
Well, if it isn't obvious yet let me spell it out: BA and LHR suck big time.
I do everything I can to avoid them.
Not if your journey begins London!

They provide me with a choice of 4 cabins (with 2 being flat beds) and on a worst case scenario, free booze in Y.

Oh yeah, they also fly non-stop to a few destinations as well.
Old May 27, 2013, 9:31 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by BOH
What do they normally do between about midnight and 04:30 then?

Taking calls from a panicking idiot like me who somehow convinced herself that she dropped her passport at LHR when it was in fact buried deep among my pile of bags?

(Yes I confirm they were there at 3am some months ago when I committed this stupid act.)
Old May 27, 2013, 10:28 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue, IHG Gold
OP what cabin were you in? Do they keep the champagne flowing in this situation in F and J? Also distribute water? tea/coffee? would they let folks in Y sleep on the floor in J just to let everyone stretch out? or let folks use the empty J and F seats? kind of upgrading people just so they can sleep?
Old May 28, 2013, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan 75, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by olybeast
OP what cabin were you in? Do they keep the champagne flowing in this situation in F and J? Also distribute water? tea/coffee? would they let folks in Y sleep on the floor in J just to let everyone stretch out? or let folks use the empty J and F seats? kind of upgrading people just so they can sleep?
Hey there. I was fortunate to be in J. I think the crew was at a loss to some extent. They did serve dinner around 1am while ground staff was being alerted etc. post that I don't know as I didn't want to hang around in the plane till 5am followed by hanging around in the lounge till 1230pm, so I got off and cabbed it home. As far as I saw, everyone was in their seats. And when I got back to the airport and went to the lounge on the B concourse, there were tons of J passengers from my flight sleeping/lounging on the couches. Not sure where the unfortunate folks in Y got to

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.