FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   10% off BA Flights with Chase BA Visa (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1467338-10-off-ba-flights-chase-ba-visa.html)

DFWsakp Apr 26, 2021 1:23 am

The key is to ensure all your flights are on BA Metal to get both the discounts stacked

hkcj Apr 28, 2021 3:35 pm

On a lark I tried the code with my Amex Platinum and it worked... has anyone else experienced this? I don't even currently have the BA credit card (I do have a Reserve in my saved cards), though now I feel bad and will be getting one since it was a substantial amount saved on two Club World tickets.

Assimilated Cajun Apr 29, 2021 12:45 am

Originally Posted by hkcj (Post 33212394)
On a lark I tried the code with my Amex Platinum and it worked... has anyone else experienced this?

Yes. I used my Amex Gold card by accident. Initially I tried to pay with the Chase BA card, and it was rejected. Called Chase, their computers were acting up so the agent could not look at my account to see what the matter was. I did not want my pending reservation to disappear, so I used another card. I totally forgot that one of the discount codes I was using was tied to the Chase BA card. But the Amex card worked, and our reservations are now ticketed. (Not only do I feel a little guilty about getting the discount without using the Chase BA card, I also would have preferred 5x Avios to 3x Amex MR points.)

hkcj Apr 30, 2021 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Assimilated Cajun (Post 33213256)
Yes. I used my Amex Gold card by accident. Initially I tried to pay with the Chase BA card, and it was rejected. Called Chase, their computers were acting up so the agent could not look at my account to see what the matter was. I did not want my pending reservation to disappear, so I used another card. I totally forgot that one of the discount codes I was using was tied to the Chase BA card. But the Amex card worked, and our reservations are now ticketed. (Not only do I feel a little guilty about getting the discount without using the Chase BA card, I also would have preferred 5x Avios to 3x Amex MR points.)

I'm shocked they don't have more accurate account coding like United does for the baggage. (Have and purchase with the card to get the free bags.) I didn't notice/realize that the BA card is 5x, that's a great deal with this discount. I ended up cancelling and using some other miles I was trying to get rid of for an alternative flight, but will definitely consider getting the card next time.

navatwal Jun 2, 2021 6:45 am

Is it still possible to pay for BA flights using the Chase discount and paying with a non Chase Visa card?

Leon1980 Jun 8, 2021 11:37 am

Can we use the 10% BA discount code and a residual e-voucher from a previous cancelled flight due to COVID?

because i called and agent said i can only use one or the other

thanks

aztimm Jun 8, 2021 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by wesport (Post 32873313)
Got it. Not working for anyone.

It seems to be working for me, at least with dummy bookings. I haven't taken it through to actually buying a ticket yet though.

To use this discount, the entire itinerary needs to be on BA metal, no codeshares. So no legs on AA, IB, etc.

morphogencc Jun 24, 2021 6:56 pm

Trying to book a flight with both the AARP Portal and the CHASEBA10 code; I don't see a place to put an evoucher code anywhere in dialogs. Has it been removed? Has anyone else tried this lately and can confirm they see it?

skippythelizard Jun 25, 2021 7:21 am

Originally Posted by morphogencc (Post 33354977)
Trying to book a flight with both the AARP Portal and the CHASEBA10 code; I don't see a place to put an evoucher code anywhere in dialogs. Has it been removed? Has anyone else tried this lately and can confirm they see it?

Are you logged in to ba.com? If memory serves me correctly, you need to be ...

golfmad Jun 25, 2021 7:38 am

Originally Posted by morphogencc (Post 33354977)

You raise a good point. I just had a quick go with a dummy booking and I can't see a place on the current web site to add a promotional code either. Initially I tried with the AARP options and couldn't see it so I thought perhaps it was to restrict stacking of AARP and Chase10 but then I tried again without AARP and I can't see the promotional code entry point for a normal booking. I don't have time to investigate further at the moment but I see what you're saying.

Reetmafreen Jun 25, 2021 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Leon1980 (Post 33312775)
Can we use the 10% BA discount code and a residual e-voucher from a previous cancelled flight due to COVID?

because i called and agent said i can only use one or the other

thanks

I’ve been toying with getting the Chase card and as I thought about it, I came up with the exact same question. If I cancel a trip under BWC and my ticket was $2500 before the Chase discount and was $2250 after discount, my E-voucher would also be for $2250. If I rebooked for a later date and the fare was still $2500 before discount and I applied the E-voucher, I will still owe $250, thus negating any discount. Would be nice to know that there is a way to retain the discount.

golfmad Jun 25, 2021 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Reetmafreen (Post 33356431)
I’ve been toying with getting the Chase card and as I thought about it, I came up with the exact same question. If I cancel a trip under BWC and my ticket was $2500 before the Chase discount and was $2250 after discount, my E-voucher would also be for $2250. If I rebooked for a later date and the fare was still $2500 before discount and I applied the E-voucher, I will still owe $250, thus negating any discount. Would be nice to know that there is a way to retain the discount.

Perhaps I'm being thick here but why can't you use the promotional code on the new booking?

Reetmafreen Jun 25, 2021 9:22 am

Originally Posted by golfmad (Post 33356444)
Perhaps I'm being thick here but why can't you use the promotional code on the new booking?

according to the post that I had quoted, there was only the option to use the E-voucher code OR the promo code, but not both. Using both codes would be the simple option if it were possible. Fingers crossed someone has experience of the process.

golfmad Jun 25, 2021 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Reetmafreen (Post 33356450)
according to the post that I had quoted, there was only the option to use the E-voucher code OR the promo code, but not both. Using both codes would be the simple option if it were possible. Fingers crossed someone has experience of the process.

Somewhere in the depths of FlyerTalk there's confirmation that agents are able to apply the Chase 10% code so I don't see any reason why this can't be done but you may have to call.

skippythelizard Jun 25, 2021 10:12 am

Originally Posted by golfmad (Post 33356184)
You raise a good point. I just had a quick go with a dummy booking and I can't see a place on the current web site to add a promotional code either. Initially I tried with the AARP options and couldn't see it so I thought perhaps it was to restrict stacking of AARP and Chase10 but then I tried again without AARP and I can't see the promotional code entry point for a normal booking. I don't have time to investigate further at the moment but I see what you're saying.

The option to enter the promo code is still there under “Apply an evoucher”. You do need to be logged in to ba.com.

(I don’t know if it matters, but I started with the AARP link, selected my flights, then logged in.