Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bare Feet in the Air

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2013, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

Bare Feet in the Air

At first I was worried about flying on one of those dreaded ex-bmi aircraft. Thankfully the people around me made sure that I had better reason to complain.

Ms 3D making use of the leg room. I don't know how that piece of paper ended up on her foot, or how on Earth it managed to stay there for an hour. More interestingly her flip flops ended up under 1D which got her into a nice confrontation with the cabin crew when she tried to get up and get them during taxi. In her defence: Very well maintained feet.

Ms 3D's feet were almost certainly not to blame for this. And I can't see how it could be defended either. Poor show BA.

Not Ms 3D, but on the FCC from LGW to London Bridge. Whenever you think Club is bad, real world usually beats it.

Enough for one evening!
Old May 7, 2013, 12:35 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by FlyingB1975
Ms 3D's feet were almost certainly not to blame for this. And I can't see how it could be defended either. Poor show BA.
That's due to the crews pouring the excess tea and coffee down the loo...makes horrible stains.
Old May 7, 2013, 12:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Flyingb1975, you would get on famously with my wife, she has an anti foot fetish as well.
Old May 7, 2013, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jbfield
That's due to the crews pouring the excess tea and coffee down the loo...makes horrible stains.
I struggle to believe this. The stains are too evenly distributed. In any case, it looked disgusting, surely there ought to be other ways of getting rid of coffee/tea.
Old May 7, 2013, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Am I the only who finds the title to be interesting?
Old May 7, 2013, 2:20 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Am I the only who finds the title to be interesting?
No Madame, you are not. As usual this topic makes me quite nauseated as I really do wonder what people do in their homes. That was, in fact, until someone showed me the webpage with what are referred to as Wal-Martians. Whenever I feel that the ounces are becoming pounds with monotonous and sombre frequency, I shall go there and realise that there is worst.

As for that toilet, the problem is that on Short Haul we need to dump stuff quickly and the galley sinks can become blocked. I have to say that this is vile and more like those unspeakable facilities on those ancient 737s out of LGW.
Old May 7, 2013, 2:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Good Riddance FT!
I don't personally have an issue with feet. I know intellectually that hands are vastly more dirty and contaminated that feet. Feet spend most of their time nicely encased in socks and shoes, whereas hands end up being inside noses, ears, and other unmentionable places.

That doesn't mean I support putting them all over everything, though. I just find the repulsion interesting.
Old May 7, 2013, 5:16 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
Anyone who stuck their feet into my personal space like that would be removing them sharpish - as an alternative to having them removed with something sharp. Disgusting behaviour. Yes I do take my shoes and socks off but I keep my feet to myself
Old May 7, 2013, 5:46 am

Programs: BA gold, *A gold, SPG silver, HHonors gold
Originally Posted by exilencfc
Anyone who stuck their feet into my personal space like that would be removing them sharpish - as an alternative to having them removed with something sharp. Disgusting behaviour. Yes I do take my shoes and socks off but I keep my feet to myself
^ not just feet, anything shoved between the seat in front isn't going to be there very long if I'm sitting there.
Old May 7, 2013, 8:42 am

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold
Allow me to add this contribution from a recent flight.

These passengers were bare footed for most of the flight.

Last edited by paulieuk; May 8, 2013 at 8:27 am
Old May 7, 2013, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Silver
Wal-martians .... brilliant, another hour of my life wasted
Old May 7, 2013, 8:52 am

My feet need freedom. They have often struggled with the confines of feetiquette.

When travelling long distances, or even sitting for a long time, my feet want out (I am sitting in my office at work at the moment, shoe-less). Note that I never wear sandals or flipflops (which I must insist are NOT shoes, in the same way that leggings are NOT trousers!), so when set free the feet are still hidden from direct view.

I will soon be travelling in business class for the first time (6 hour flight), so this thread drew my attention. Should I feel free to release my feet for the duration? Of course I am a reasonable grownup: They will not be exfoliated in public, nor will they be scratched at, or their nails clipped (yes I saw that in a waiting area too!). They will sit quietly under my ankles, tucked away under my chair, or curled up under my legs if they choose not to touch the floor.

What's the verdict, FT, will business class feetiquette permit my poor paws to breathe or should I dutifully keep them stowed away for the duration of the flight?
Old May 7, 2013, 8:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Good Riddance FT!
Originally Posted by sl1ppy
Wal-martians .... brilliant, another hour of my life wasted
If you wasted an hour of your life on walmartians, don't check lamebook.com - you'll lose the rest of your day.
Old May 7, 2013, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by paulieuk
Allow me to add this contribution from BA2679 DBV-LGW yesterday, operated by an ex-bmi A319 (G-DBCF).

The occupants of Club Europe 1D and 1F were bare footed for most of the flight.

Most bizarre behaviour..........who puts red nail varnish on just one foot?
Old May 7, 2013, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by ruby55
Most bizarre behaviour..........who puts red nail varnish on just one foot?
The other painted foot is on the floor, just visible in the photo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.