Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can I guest someone for a meeting in T5 arrivals lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2013, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI

As a GGL, I am wondering if I guest someone for a meeting in the arrivals lounge? I cannot find a reference to this not being allowed.
Old May 3, 2013, 1:42 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Edit! Yes you are allowed one guest, but they must be a oneworld (maybe even BA?) traveller.

There is always Costas at North Terminal departures, a favourite meeting place for BA staff, also the Sofitel has many seating areas.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; May 3, 2013 at 1:52 am Reason: Incorrect advice
Old May 3, 2013, 1:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I am afraid no guests are allowed in Arrivals, I don't think even Prems are allowed guests there.
GGL's are 100% allowed one guest in arrivals. My question is whether that could be someone who didn't travel that day?
Old May 3, 2013, 1:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by economyman
GGL's are 100% allowed one guest in arrivals. My question is whether that could be someone who didn't travel that day?
Yes, sorry I misadvised in the first version since corrected! They are very tight on guests there, due to space concerns, that I can't see them allowing non travellers through, they have to scan boarding passes to let them in.
Old May 3, 2013, 1:57 am
Original Poster

Edit! Yes you are allowed one guest, but they must be a oneworld (maybe even BA?) traveller.

There is always Costas at North Terminal departures, a favourite meeting place for BA staff, also the Sofitel has many seating areas.
I also thought it needs to be someone travelling that day with BA but on searching through the terms on ba.com I could not find a reference to that restriction.

Failing access to the lounge, is Costa nice enough for a comfortable 1 hour meeting or would the Sofitel be a much better choice?
Old May 3, 2013, 2:01 am

Failing access to the lounge, is Costa nice enough for a comfortable 1 hour meeting or would the Sofitel be a much better choice?
If it is a casual meeting then Costas is easy to find, has a great view of the runway, and has a variety of seating arrangements (but the window seats are a premium). However you can be overheard there, and there's a bit of clattering going on. So the Sofitel is better for a more formal discussion, and there are lots of different places (e.g. the Zen garden and the salon de th) for a more private discussion.
Old May 3, 2013, 2:08 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
If you have a choice over your flights and arrival terminal, then the AA Arrivals Lounge in T3 is more friendly to guests, though of course it is not as nice of a lounge, especially compared to the sitting-in-F options at T5 arrivals. Although guests aren't allowed into the T3 lounge, which is good as I wouldn't want it to fill up, they do have a nice waiting area for guests / drivers just to the right after the entrance. If you need to meet someone they will usually let you sit there with them and may offer your guest a cup of tea or coffee while they wait.

Quite a contrast to BA arrivals where they made a colleague's wife stand in the corridor until he was out of the shower
Old May 3, 2013, 2:34 am

Programs: ABBA
I assume one who has just arrived, and on a long haul flight as well?

Do TLV/CAI/etc count as long haul now, if you want to schlep over from T1?
Old May 3, 2013, 2:40 am

Programs: BA: CCR / GGL / GFL Marriott: PtFL
My question is whether that could be someone who didn't travel that day?
I met my boss once in T5 Arrivals Lounge between international flights. He wasn't flying.

(I talked nicely to the lounge guardian on entry, and was quite prepared to go elsewhere but they let it happen. At the time I was GGL, and he CCR if that makes a difference)
Old May 3, 2013, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paulwuk
Do TLV/CAI/etc count as long haul now, if you want to schlep over from T1?
They certainly still count as long haul yes. You do raise a good point as I am arriving from TLV I will be at T1 rather than T5 So now the question is where to meet at T1. I have plenty of time so I could make my way over to T5.
Old May 3, 2013, 3:37 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
The formal answer is a "no" to a non-traveller but you might be allowed to do so on a goodwill basis.
Old May 3, 2013, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
I have plenty of time so I could make my way over to T5.
I would.
Old May 3, 2013, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I think you mean the Caffe Nero at the Northern end of T5 check-in, overlooking the North runway?

The only landside Costa at T5 is on the arrivals level, and has a view of the car park.
Old May 3, 2013, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Genius1
I think you mean the Caffe Nero at the Northern end of T5 check-in, overlooking the North runway?
Probably! I knew it wasn't Starbucks, bit of a marketing fail on my part there, I can't tell the difference!
Old May 4, 2013, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Starbucks: green, bad coffee
Nero: blue, good drinks, OK food, slow service
Costa: feels cheap, IME quite dirty

In London you've got all three one next to the other - that's how I sort them

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.