Like, literally everyone... like
Old Apr 12, 2013, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Like, literally everyone... like
Natch....Standard...
Old Apr 12, 2013, 6:45 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Well after LondonAndy mentioned it, isn't the cut off time of a pregnant lady 7 months and then they aren't allowed to fly?

It has been that long since my last pregnancy that I totally forgot the cut off time.
It's actually just over 8 months....
For uncomplicated single pregnancies, we restrict travel beyond the end of the 36th week, and for twins, triplets etc., beyond the end of the 32nd week. After your pregnancy has entered its 28th week, we ask that you carry with you a letter from your doctor or midwife, stating the pregnancy is uncomplicated and confirming the expected date of delivery. In this letter, your doctor should state that you are in good health, that they are happy for you to fly, and that (in their opinion) there is no reason why you cannot fly.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by FoxtrotOscar
couldn't agree more...especially when you land 5 minutes after the CX 747 from HK.
Would be very happy to land after your CX 747 given they don't fly there!

JFK is usually fine until a problem arises then you can see the nasty, arrogant, aggressive attitude. 35,000 avios worth last November. Nothing short of trying to get my traveling companion to say the word "bomb" am sure said lady is not in a customer facing role anymore.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 9:34 am

Programs: VIPorter First, BA GGL, DL Plat, Golden Circle Elite
Originally Posted by squeeler

I hope your hangover is not too mendacious.
What's a mendacious hangover? A dishonest hangover?
Old Apr 12, 2013, 11:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by missdimeaner
I think I would still rather be arriving/departing JFK than be one of HIDDY's cattle
They are on a one way journey only I'm afraid.

I find it's all the rules and regulations which makes flying nowadays very tiresome....the parts that are outwith the airlines control. Foe example the immigration process at some airports is a disgrace.
If you were guaranteed not to queue for more than 5 minutes at any given time flying today would be much more tolerable.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 11:53 am

What's with the insistence with special treatment because your wife is pregnant??
Old Apr 12, 2013, 12:56 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by AJLondon
The BA JFK premium services staff (lounges, check-in and SS) are one of the best, if not the best, out of all BA stations IMHO. LHR included.
+1 ^
Old Apr 12, 2013, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by AJLondon
The BA JFK premium services staff (lounges, check-in and SS) are one of the best, if not the best, out of all BA stations IMHO. LHR included.
Yup.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by CBear
What's with the insistence with special treatment because your wife is pregnant??
A lot of pregnant women, especially in the latter stages, do have a hard time physically, but most of all mentally (takes cover). For everyone's sake, it is better if their journey is as smooth as possible.

Travel in South America with a pregnant lady and/or baby? Everyone more or less forces you to jump the lines, and staff are ready to speed things up.
As it should be.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze
Phew.....cant reply to all comments too many. After my "rant" that it "sucked" it got worse. Sorry now back in UK it was "rubbish"

I dont expect any special treatment neither does my wife i never said i wanted or demanded that so let me clear that up dont even know why someone would say something i never said?! I assume by the comment i made about being unhappy Mrs C is asked to move cases is they were how do i explain it simply....heavy? I assume therefore youre either not married or expecting a child and therefore cant relate, if you have/are then good luck. Last time at JFK was great so yes probably an "off" day.

Ill summarise up the flight;

1. Boarded. Placed case in overhead bin god knows how cut finger on something v sharp never saw anything. Bled. Had to get plasters, wipes etc.

2. Take off is in typical style of my 5 BA flights in the last two weeks as per usual an hour late....

3. AVOD system was wierd couldnt hear voices barely only background noise, despite volume turned up. Headphones swapped. No better. Cant listen to AVOD give up.

4. Try and sleep. Seat reclines to lie flat eventually. As i move whole base of seat, the best way i can describe it rock like a cradle. Strange try turning on sides and back. Nope give up. Watch AVOD i cant listen to as every movement of bed made it worse.

5. No sleep offered breakfast.

6. Landing. Seat wont raise back to position properly. CC tells me to move it. Explain its been like that all flight. He was shocked asked if AVOD ever worked. Given apology form. Fill in.

7. Leave aircraft. CC apologises again and says "You might get 1000 airmiles for this you should claim".....Airmiles? I agree and thank him.

8. Board onward connection to MAN and yes you guessed it....its just under an hour late taking off....

9. Back home. At last.

Also to answer some of the posts. Yes it took 1 1/2hrs i was amazed it was bumper to bumper all the way and yes en route their was a minor accident other side of freeway (road)......

Pre flight dining was really good IMO. Lounge got quieter heat continued mind.

Oh well email to BA see what happens....off to nurse wound now

Last edited by chiefwiggumpi; Apr 12, 2013 at 3:01 pm
Old Apr 12, 2013, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI
Originally Posted by chiefwiggumpi
I assume by the comment i made about being unhappy Mrs C is asked to move cases is they were how do i explain it simply....heavy? I assume therefore youre either not married or expecting a child and therefore cant relate,
after all she wasn't travelling alone. Maybe someone could have helped her lifting the heavy bags. maybe....her husband?

and after number 3. (or 4 at the latest) you should have contacted the cabin crew again. I don't understand why people moan here on FT after the flight but keep quite on the flight itself, how should BA fix something they don't know about [this is a general comment and not only about your problem]
Old Apr 12, 2013, 3:12 pm

JFK does suck. Use EWR. A quick train ride from Manhattan and the staff there are nearly midwestern friendly when compared to the New Yorkers at JFK.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Well JFK is staffed by New Yorkers... And one knows how NYers are, same with the Frenchies. They have an attitude that stinks.

Though I personally have only had ONE bad I incident and one kind lady fixed it for me. So I really can't say that ALL the JFK staff have an attitude.

But then I never give anyone a reason to have a attitude with me. Unless I am provoked, then one ever lives it down.

Even the lady who was uncooperative, the next time I arrived at JFK, she came to do the greet and meet, and I didn't give her the time of day. She remembered, didn't have to say anything.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 6:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire
First post after lurking for a while. After several years silver, I obtained Gold in February.
I'm in the JFK First lounge, drinking champagne and I've had a shower and a massage.
I think it's lovely here! But I only get WT and WT+ so this is all new to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.