FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it just me or does JFK suck?
View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2013, 2:55 pm
chiefwiggumpi

Programs: BA Bronze
Phew.....cant reply to all comments too many. After my "rant" that it "sucked" it got worse. Sorry now back in UK it was "rubbish"

I dont expect any special treatment neither does my wife i never said i wanted or demanded that so let me clear that up dont even know why someone would say something i never said?! I assume by the comment i made about being unhappy Mrs C is asked to move cases is they were how do i explain it simply....heavy? I assume therefore youre either not married or expecting a child and therefore cant relate, if you have/are then good luck. Last time at JFK was great so yes probably an "off" day.

Ill summarise up the flight;

1. Boarded. Placed case in overhead bin god knows how cut finger on something v sharp never saw anything. Bled. Had to get plasters, wipes etc.

2. Take off is in typical style of my 5 BA flights in the last two weeks as per usual an hour late....

3. AVOD system was wierd couldnt hear voices barely only background noise, despite volume turned up. Headphones swapped. No better. Cant listen to AVOD give up.

4. Try and sleep. Seat reclines to lie flat eventually. As i move whole base of seat, the best way i can describe it rock like a cradle. Strange try turning on sides and back. Nope give up. Watch AVOD i cant listen to as every movement of bed made it worse.

5. No sleep offered breakfast.

6. Landing. Seat wont raise back to position properly. CC tells me to move it. Explain its been like that all flight. He was shocked asked if AVOD ever worked. Given apology form. Fill in.

7. Leave aircraft. CC apologises again and says "You might get 1000 airmiles for this you should claim".....Airmiles? I agree and thank him.

8. Board onward connection to MAN and yes you guessed it....its just under an hour late taking off....

9. Back home. At last.

Also to answer some of the posts. Yes it took 1 1/2hrs i was amazed it was bumper to bumper all the way and yes en route their was a minor accident other side of freeway (road)......

Pre flight dining was really good IMO. Lounge got quieter heat continued mind.

Oh well email to BA see what happens....off to nurse wound now

Last edited by chiefwiggumpi; Apr 12, 2013 at 3:01 pm