Search

New/old BA SIN lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2013, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
New/old BA SIN lounge

http://www.ausbt.com.au/ba-opens-new...business-class

Article about the new (unrenovated) BA Lounge at Singapore (SIN) that takes up the space that was the original First (then temporary Business) lounge that had previously been jointly operated by Qantas/BA.

Qantas is separately opening a renovated lounge on 31 March in the much larger ex-Business lounge space.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 12:06 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
It appears that there is no separate provision for F passengers (and Gold Executive card members), which is disappointing.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 2:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold elite, *A Silver, Accor Silver
As long as the food and beverage selection is better, I'd be happy.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 2:10 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
It appears that there is no separate provision for F passengers (and Gold Executive card members), which is disappointing.
Very. There never appears to be a step forward without two back.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 4:11 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by onlynik
As long as the food and beverage selection is better, I'd be happy.
Originally Posted by uk1
Very. There never appears to be a step forward without two back.
With the effort that BA is putting into promoting the SYD service with a change to T5 and the 777-300 with all new(ish) cabins, I do think that the SIN lounge facilities for eligible passengers is a missed opportunity and a weak link. Granted, it is only a small part of the journey between LHR and SYD, but the lounge will compare poorly with those at either end. It is early days, and perhaps BA will give the lounge a Spring Clean, improve the catering and ensure that the showers work properly. I do hope so.

I am not planning to be in SIN until later this year, so will watch the reports with interest.

I would encourage those disappointed with the SIN lounge experience to write to BA!
Old Mar 29, 2013, 4:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
It would have made sense for BA to operate a first lounge, and Qantas the business. That way each airline has something to offer its first class or emerald flyers. As it is, BA has nowhere exclusive for first passengers, and QF has nothing for their platinum frequent flyer level.

I'm in SIN on Monday so I will try and get some photos.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
As a Silver card holder will I be able to access both BA and QF lounges when I go through SIN in August?

Old Mar 29, 2013, 7:25 am

Programs: AA plat pro, HH Diamond
Agree it is disappointing that there are no improvements and no F lounge

That said, I guess if they did indeed develop this into one something better with better F&B, it would likely get overrun with elegible Qantas travellers. So no win really...

Will be checking it out in a few weeks....
Old Mar 29, 2013, 7:41 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by silvergirl

That said, I guess if they did indeed develop this into one something better with better F&B, it would likely get overrun with elegible Qantas travellers. So no win really...

I think what makes it even more disappointing is that the SIN lounge was always poor but really poor compared with the SYD Qantas lounge. But then we were promised an improvement. In the intervening period we had the old F SIN lounge that became the Club lounge which basically then became a temporary lounge for everyone whilst we waited for the new improved one(s).

On our last visit a couple of months ago it was terrible and we couldn't even sit together so decided not to bother and simply waited outside in the public area. But we had the promise of something much better on the horizon. We were looking forward to our next trip an a few months. Now we're just going to get a smartened up version of the temporary arrangements.

Well I don't consider a combined First and Club lounge an improvement so once again F customers will feel very short changed.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 7:41 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by silvergirl

I don't think so. IMO the old business lounge in SIN being opened by QF is a far superior space. QF is also improving the F &B in the new lounge. Neil Perry's team is involved in the new menus.
I do agree with BA-Flyer that there is a missed opportunity for collaboration and BA could have renovated and operated the F Lounge ( with a CCR for F passengers, GGL , QF CL etc) and QF operate the J Lounge.

I think this will likely be a work in progress and hope that SIN will eventually have an F Lounge worth visiting
Old Mar 29, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
As a Silver card holder will I be able to access both BA and QF lounges when I go through SIN in August?

Yes, I presume the QF lounge will be a oneworld lounge.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold elite, *A Silver, Accor Silver
I am not planning to be in SIN until later this year, so will watch the reports with interest.

I would encourage those disappointed with the SIN lounge experience to write to BA!
I'm not going to be back in SIN until later in the year too, but I'll voice my disappointment to BA if the F&B hasn't improved.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 9:40 am

Programs: BA & VS
I will be there on Sunday so will report back!
Old Mar 29, 2013, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
I wonder if it will be better to go to the QF lounge instead given that it is also a combo J/F lounge? By the sounds of the comments on the article, the QF is much better food wise and I wonder if it will be quieter as most of the BA pax transiting will head straight for the BA facility.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Unless BA upgrade the lounge in time, the brand new QF lounge will almost certainly be better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.