Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New/old BA SIN lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2013, 6:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold
In fairness to BA, it would have been too disruptive for them to renovate their lounge at the same time QF did theirs. Now that there is a good alternative lounge to divert BA passengers to, some time in the future they will be able to upgrade theirs. If they do or not is another question!
Old Mar 29, 2013, 6:56 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Genius1
Unless BA upgrade the lounge in time, the brand new QF lounge will almost certainly be better.
And this may be a good thing for some passengers who just want a quiet place to sit and do things, as the BA lounge may be quieter.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 8:00 am

Programs: BA & VS
I'm in the SIN Qantas lounge now. Screaming kids and not many free seats, welcome to the future. Waiting staff going round with champagne which I just declined
Old Mar 31, 2013, 8:47 am
uk1
Suspended

It is quieter outside of the lounges than it is inside.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 8:12 pm

Was in the SIN Qantas lounge on 21st March. Not a great experience. Taking a flight back over there now. Will post photos if anything has changed.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 10:26 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Was in there yesterday evening, a real mess.

Barely any choices of food (some pasta bolognaise, rice, vegetarian curry, spring rolls, a few sandwiches, and ice cream).

No free seats at all, it looked like a bus station.

Perhaps the CX lounge a bit further down the concourse is a better choice, if one doesn't mind the walk ?
Old Mar 31, 2013, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Beany/GVA which lounges were you in.
Reports on other forums that the new QF lounge is delayed a week.

The CX lounge is nothing special either.

At the end of the day SIN is an outstation and the lounges are never great.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 11:43 pm

Programs: BA & VS
Originally Posted by moa999
Beany/GVA which lounges were you in.
Reports on other forums that the new QF lounge is delayed a week.
I followed the signs to the BA/Qantas lounge. Although it seemed they were signposted differently, they both pointed the same direction.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 12:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BA-Flyer
It would have made sense for BA to operate a first lounge, and Qantas the business. That way each airline has something to offer its first class or emerald flyers. As it is, BA has nowhere exclusive for first passengers, and QF has nothing for their platinum frequent flyer level.
Why would QF care about a 1st class lounge at a port from which it operates no flights with 1st class?
Old Apr 1, 2013, 2:13 am

Programs: British Airways Silver, Tesco, BA Amex, Kris Flyer
I was in the SG QF lounge a few weeks back, the place was a tip and the showers cold......very poor standards.

I thought Qantas was pulling out of Singapore in 2013?
Old Apr 1, 2013, 2:21 am

Programs: MUCCI :D, BA Lifetime Gold, JJC (1980 the Leo Budd years) Hilton Gold
Maybe, just maybe, BA are thinking - "Hey! Now that the F pax can use the CCR in T5, they won't be short changed by there being no F lounge in SIN".........

In any case SIN has been always under renovation from the lounge perspective whenever I have been there, and I've only ever bothered being there if there were flight delays or I was in transit for more than 1 hour - there is plenty else to do in the airport than fight for a seat and some mediocre f&b in the lounge spaces.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by the_seeker1977
I was in the SG QF lounge a few weeks back, the place was a tip and the showers cold......very poor standards.

I thought Qantas was pulling out of Singapore in 2013?
You were in the temporary lounge - a new lounge is due to open soon.

QF still operate flights to various ports in Australia from Singapore, just not to Europe any more.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 5:47 am

Just in the 'QF/BA' lounge at SIN. It's been rebranded as BA now. Wifi is BA, signage is BA etc. It's quiet at the moment too which is a change.

Showers are still cold as hell. A new sign has popped up outside the QF lounge that is being renovated. No date though for completion though. Reception desk have no idea when it's due for completion. My guess is that BA will renovate this lounge when the new QF lounge is open.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
The QF lounge is now due to open next week.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 1:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Why would QF care about a 1st class lounge at a port from which it operates no flights with 1st class?
Because they still fly to SIN, and have nowhere for their top tier frequent flyer passengers, other than the business lounge. Same reason BA operate Galleries First and the Concorde Lounge at T5.

Last edited by BA-Flyer; Apr 2, 2013 at 2:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.