Wiki Posts
Search

Thanks BA - i must have been lucky

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2013, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ba gold, gha black
Thanks BA - i must have been lucky

Wife and i on flight to new york today who is also gold got bumped to F from J on our avios redemption flight...Is it normal for status to have more clout than revenue paying passengers? On another point from the flight, wife swears blind she had her phone stolen from her coat in the closet.. I could confirm it was on the plane but not sure things get stolen from planes do they? We did search for 20 minutes after all passenegers disembarked but no sign whatsoever.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 3:03 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
If your in F to NY, then isn't it all NF, with the small wardrobe next to your seat? If so, struggle to see how a phone could be stolen from there?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Was on a 12f 777, the coat was hung up at the back of first in a wardrobe between club and F. As i said, wife probably missplaced it just that she was adamant it was in tbe coat..no big deal rather a phone went missing than a wallet.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by jammydodger
If your in F to NY, then isn't it all NF, with the small wardrobe next to your seat? If so, struggle to see how a phone could be stolen from there?
I think the OP was downgraded from F to J so the coat would not have been in the F wardrobe.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by SteveF
I think the OP was downgraded from F to J so the coat would not have been in the F wardrobe.
OP says they were bumped to F from J
Old Mar 15, 2013, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Yes was bumped to F from J at the lounge.. But my wifes coat was taken and not put in the closet at the front of the plane in the galley (maybe due to space).
Old Mar 15, 2013, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by copenhagenBA
Yes was bumped to F from J at the lounge.. But my wifes coat was taken and not put in the closet at the front of the plane in the galley (maybe due to space).
Maybe it fell out of the pocket. Have you checked with lost property?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Cant be bothered its New York, had an ipad stolen from my bag at JFK before so any decent good will vanish. My post was more inclined with my shock at getting bumped on an avios ticket over fare paying customers... This is positive to me as its saying BA values loyal customers first
Old Mar 15, 2013, 5:42 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by SteveF
Maybe it fell out of the pocket. Have you checked with lost property?
The new F chairs also have a nasty habit of swallowing expensive equipment!
Old Mar 15, 2013, 7:24 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by copenhagenBA
Cant be bothered its New York, had an ipad stolen from my bag at JFK before so any decent good will vanish. My post was more inclined with my shock at getting bumped on an avios ticket over fare paying customers... This is positive to me as its saying BA values loyal customers first
You might find this thread of interest regarding the upgrade process.

Re: the iPad, was it really stolen or did it perhaps go the same way as the phone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.