Wiki Posts
Search

BA's scepter'd isle

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2013, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
BA's scepter'd isle

Approaching SAN last night on BA273 (which in the event didn't land at SAN but that's a different story) this message appeared on my IFE screen:

"As we prepare to land please ensure the isle and the areas around your seat are completely clear and free of obstructions".

I wasn't sure if this was a tad over-ambitious (you mean the whole isle?), or a classy Shakespearean allusion, or just a rather embarrassing mistake.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 7:00 pm

http://www.dontevenreply.com/view.php?post=110
Old Mar 14, 2013, 7:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Someone deserves a kick in the rse for that bloomer.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 8:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I think this has been mentioned before. The message is programmed into the system, so the cabin crew have no option to correct it.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by BA-Flyer
I think this has been mentioned before. The message is programmed into the system, so the cabin crew have no option to correct it.
I first noticed it a month or so ago. CC cant change it, its programmed in at base. If that's the standard of spelling/typing in BA IT, no wonder the website never works properly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.