Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Website showing when it will be light during a flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Website showing when it will be light during a flight

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2016, 6:06 am

Programs: BA
If Ian doesn't reply please let me know - I'll take a look at the code and try to get it running.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by AlbaGuBrath
If Ian doesn't reply please let me know - I'll take a look at the code and try to get it running.
If it's a project that interests you, I recalled one of sunflight's earlier posts which asked if someone might want to take it over. That would be enormously appreciated by those of us who really value this tool.
Originally Posted by sunflight
It's been a fun project but I'm much too busy these days with other things, so I look forward to seeing if someone want's to pick up the project. If you do, please email me over at ian at travelmassive.com
Old Apr 10, 2016, 11:46 am

Programs: Meow Mix
Hi AlbaGuBrath,

I have setup a copy at - http://sunflight.aedad.es/ - it also has a link where you can fork from the git repo.

Currently, it fails on the validation for this: initFlightRoutes = function(flightdata) { ... }

/AE
Old Apr 10, 2016, 1:21 pm

Cheers Angeloedades - I'm making some good progress and hopefully I can share this with everyone in the next day or so.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 1:35 pm

Cheers Angeloedades - I'm making some good progress and hopefully I can share this with everyone in the next day or so.
Awesome, looking forward to it AlbaGuBrath. Are you able to source control your changes? I would like to maintain a copy as a backup and do some changes too. Are you on git?

/AE
Old Apr 10, 2016, 1:55 pm

I'll drop you a PM with my Git details.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 3:51 pm

All - a working version of the site is now available at https://sunflight.io .

The domain name is very new - so there may be some initial teething issues. If you can't get through to the app, try again tomorrow.

Any issues, queries or feature requests please let me know..

Last edited by AlbaGuBrath; Apr 10, 2016 at 4:24 pm Reason: Updated to use the secure URL
Old Apr 10, 2016, 4:05 pm

Just to confirm it resolves from my end. ^

/AE
Old Apr 11, 2016, 1:59 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Working here too. Excellent tool!
Old Apr 11, 2016, 2:10 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And I add my congratulations to those who took the time to help here. Kudos to angeloedades, AlbaGuBrath, and sunflight.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 4:21 am

The domain name is very new - so there may be some initial teething issues. If you can't get through to the app, try again tomorrow.

Any issues, queries or feature requests please let me know..
Looks great.

You might want to update the FAQs though :-)
Old Apr 11, 2016, 11:22 am

No problems corporate-wage-slave I have spoken to Sunflight via email and have received blessing to continue. This is certainly an awesome tool.

AlbaGuBrath fixed some issues that were fundamental to display the the sun and night thingies. I will be working on the front-end bit.

Hopefully in the end, we will see the same tool replicated on the various sites to help ensure this thing lives on forever!

/AE

Last edited by angeloedades; Apr 11, 2016 at 1:25 pm
Old Apr 11, 2016, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow: thanks to both angeloedades and AlbaGuBrath for taking this on!
Old Apr 20, 2016, 9:07 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
The (originally linked) site seems to be down; very unfortunate. Add me to the list of those who appreciated it and miss it.
Same sentiment today.

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Wow: thanks to both angeloedades ^ and AlbaGuBrath ^ for taking this on!
I agree, thank you very much. It would be terrific if this site can return to functioning properly.

(BTW, shouldn’t this thread be elsewhere in the forums? Seems NOT to be related specifically to BA. Might it get more attention elsewhere? No disrespect intended, perhaps it should be in “Travel Tools”?)
Old May 11, 2018, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

May I please ask whether this tool has now passed into history?

I notice that the old URL pf sunflight.net is still working, but it continues to have the request for adoption so I'm assuming that that's still the old website, and I'm not sure whether the results that it produces will still be accurate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.