Wiki Posts
Search

IATA fare 2013 DXB-LHR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2013, 12:31 am
Original Poster

IATA fare 2013 DXB-LHR

Hi,

I am trying to find out what the price is for the mid range IATA fare for British Airways as at 1st January 2013 for a full-year return economy airfare for a DXB - LHR flight as this is part of my remuneration package. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Old Mar 6, 2013, 11:55 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk, djkr. Moving your thread to the BA Forum. Please follow there.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Mar 6, 2013, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by djkr
Hi,

I am trying to find out what the price is for the mid range IATA fare for British Airways as at 1st January 2013 for a full-year return economy airfare for a DXB - LHR flight as this is part of my remuneration package. Can anyone help?

Thanks
I don't think the question makes sense. A full-year return ticket is more than likely going to be a straight Y, so the reference to "mid-range" seems ambiguous.

A Y class (fully flexible economy class) return is 1738.

In comparison, the very cheapest BA seats are currently 398 return (which strikes me as unusually cheap!)

ps - welcome to FT & the BA board ^

Last edited by Swiss Tony; Mar 6, 2013 at 1:16 pm
Old Mar 6, 2013, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, GF, EK, WY
Full IATA fares are also know as YY fares, where YY is the code meaning 'any carrier', so not specific to BA, or seasonal. And absolutely unrestricted regarding validity, routing, changes and refunds.

This approach used to be quite common for ex-pats with paid passage home. Less so with most fares being significantly cheaper.

At least you can probably use the cash to buy something more comfortable than Y

Last edited by dunk; Mar 6, 2013 at 1:22 pm
Old Mar 6, 2013, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by dunk
Full IATA fares are also know as YY fares, where YY is the code meaning 'any carrier', so not specific to BA, or seasonal. And absolutely unrestricted regarding validity, routing, changes and refunds.
And FYI, that YY fare is currently 1900 GBP.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Avnu
And FYI, that YY fare is currently 1900 GBP.
It's actually AED 10680 (the OP originates from DXB), to which you currently have to add a whopping AED 1300 in YQ (fuel surcharges) for flying BA plus AED 690 in taxes, for a total of AED 12670.

The fare designator is YIF and the governing carrier is YY (IATA, as you stated).
Old Mar 6, 2013, 5:03 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, GF, EK, WY
You can buy a pretty-flexible AA ticket DXB-LHR-JFK-LHR-DXB in CW on BA metal for around AED13000 ...

Take the cash !

And, welcome to the BA corner of FT djkr
Old Mar 6, 2013, 11:55 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
A Y class (fully flexible economy class) return is 1738.

In comparison, the very cheapest BA seats are currently 398 return (which strikes me as unusually cheap!)
That fares going to be much cheaper starting April 1, 2013 when QF start flying that route with 2 daily A380

It's going to be huge capacity deployed (EK 5xA380 + QF 2xA380 + BA 2xB777 and VS 1xA346) on that route and prices will be dirt cheap in all classes.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
That fares going to be much cheaper starting April 1, 2013 when QF start flying that route with 2 daily A380

It's going to be huge capacity deployed (EK 5xA380 + QF 2xA380 + BA 2xB777 and VS 1xA346) on that route and prices will be dirt cheap in all classes.
Ah, that probably explains the discounted Y, but the full fare (especially the IATA YY) will stay at the same level - no one has an interest in making that cheaper!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.