Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reward Flight Saver Help!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2013, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Reward Flight Saver Help!

I have searched but can't seem to find the information....

I've found some flight availability, but it is only available in traveller on the way out, and club back.

Is there any way of booking this as one reward saver booking on ba.com to get the club luggage allowance on the way out too?

I know it can be done on avios.com, but haven't triggered the reward saver on there yet as it's a new account. :'(

Many thanks!
Old Mar 4, 2013, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
There is not to my knowledge a way of achieving a mixed cabin RFS on ba.com.

However it should be easy to achieve if you call BA.

Old Mar 4, 2013, 7:04 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
I'm not sure you'll achieve what you want anyway: I though baggage allowances apply leg by leg (when you aren't through checking)?
Old Mar 4, 2013, 7:08 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by pauldb
I'm not sure you'll achieve what you want anyway: I though baggage allowances apply leg by leg (when you aren't through checking)?
Nope, if you have one leg in CE and one in ET then the CE applies to both legs.

"Travelling in more than one cabin
If you are travelling in more than one cabin, e.g. outbound in economy and return in business class, you will be given the more generous allowance for the whole journey."

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...k/public/en_gb
Old Mar 4, 2013, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone, much appreciated... looks like two bookings then sadly. Hey ho!
Old Mar 4, 2013, 8:05 am

Deleted, failed to read OP correctly.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 11:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by DarrenT
Thanks everyone, much appreciated... looks like two bookings then sadly. Hey ho!
Phone BA as they should be able to make the bookings for you without the offline fee. Then, if one of the flights on the outbound journey changes and you need to change something on the return you wont get charged a fee for the change as they are "2 separate bookings"
Old Mar 7, 2013, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Thanks for that KeaneJohn... I did try calling BA several times on the day, but gave up after 30 minutes each time on their not so cheap phone line.

First time I've called them... VERY disappointed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.