Wiki Posts
Search

LGW-MCO CW or First?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2013, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: VS BA
LGW-MCO CW or First?

Have had a quick look, and cannot find anything about this.

I am looking to fly CW to Orlando (MCO) in April. No problem finding flights with BA. I also had a look at Flightstats website to look at seating, and came across an Iberia codeshare flight.

On BA site, they only list WT, WT+ and CW as options, but on IB, there is First as well.

If someone books first class on IB, do BA have to put on 4 class metal (777) and 3 class (777) if not? Is it that simple?
Old Feb 10, 2013, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I think FlightStats may be leading you a merry dance!

Unless it is an AA operated flight on a 777, which I don't believe they do, no BA or IB metal flies that route with a First cabin.

BA only operate a planned 3 class service.

So, I would plumb for CW...

BBB
Old Feb 10, 2013, 9:29 am

Edit as I misread the OP's question. Too much gin in the lounge.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 9:33 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
As BBB says it will be planned as a 3 class (WT WT+ and CW) flight.
~ However, Gatwick regularly sub 4 class 777s on the routes (FIRST seat with CW rood / service)
~ The MCO flights are of course usually packed with kids and Over sales resulting in upgrades.....
There is a thread somewhere about who gets to sit in FIRST when there is a 777 swop.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Just tried a dummy booking, and First is an option @ £6966 outbound and £ 7263 return. This obviously isn't an option for me, but just seems strange that IB offers this option.

BTW, it shows on IB site that the flight is on BA metal.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 9:48 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by WestofEMA
Just tried a dummy booking, and First is an option @ £6966 outbound and £ 7263 return. This obviously isn't an option for me, but just seems strange that IB offers this option.

BTW, it shows on IB site that the flight is on BA metal.
Where are you seeing this?

Doing a dummy booking on IB I see the LGW-MCO BA flight (IB4679) class showing as Business even if searching for First. Other options are First connecting via MIA/ORD with BA onto AA First.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Nux, Sorry, should have added that I was looking for flights in April. You are correct if you check for February, but does show First as option in April (15th)
Old Feb 10, 2013, 9:58 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Looks like from 31/3 IB is selling F and A fare buckets (BA obviously not). Most likely a mistake by IB.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:47 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I'm due out to MCO in J in July with my family and both of my flights have the 4-Class 777s as scheduled to be operating my flights, however Expertflyer is showing CW as the "top" class of service available.

On Expertflyer, Rows 1-4 are shown as J seats but all blocked. On ba.com they don't show at all and seating starts at Row 10.

Based on this (and other) threads, I have set Expertflyer alerts to let me know whether Rows 1-4 become available and also asked the GGL line for advice on how to nab them if they do

Certainly IB could end up with some unhappy customers if they advertise a service which can't be fulfilled...
Old Apr 17, 2013, 9:07 am

The first cabin can not be used until all 48 seats in club are full then first can be used, this is because of the cabin crew agreements
Old Apr 17, 2013, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by lgw29
The first cabin can not be used until all 48 seats in club are full then first can be used, this is because of the cabin crew agreements
Interesting. I have 3 seats assigned for a flight next December that clearly violate your stated rule.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
If on the day CW cabin isn't 100% full you will be moved out of the First cabin millionmiler.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.