Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA fare discounts with AARP Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Originally Posted by worldtrav
No, these have to be booked online through the AARP link, the Chase discount can then be added during the booking process.

Why don't you get an AARP membership? It's worth it even if you only use it once. I've seen it as low as $12 and there is a promo on now through Walgreens for free AARP membership (or renewal) when you spend $30 on Walgreens branded products.
Makes sense I guess, Does the AARP membership give a discount on First Class Fares too?

I just joined and priced up a First Multi-city Iterinary, it showed the same price.

Last edited by navatwal; Aug 23, 2018 at 10:01 am
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by navatwal
Makes sense I guess, Does the AARP membership give a discount on First Class Fares too?

I just joined and priced up a First Multi-city Iterinary, it showed the same price.
Have you made any attempt, whatsoever, to actually read the terms and conditions? They pretty clearly answer both questions you have posed.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...ember-benefits

Regards
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
The terms and conditons clearly state what I have requested is not included, we know that is not always the case that is why I am asking for any success DP's on this forum topic!
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:15 pm
mry

Programs: BA, AA, Alaska Air, Air Canada
Originally Posted by navatwal
The terms and conditons clearly state what I have requested is not included, we know that is not always the case that is why I am asking for any success DP's on this forum topic!
I understand what you asked and “ is a multi stop” ALWAYS considered the same as a round trip. I was not clear either. In my case I just booked SEA>AMS; LYS>LHR; LHR>SEA in CW and received a $200 discount. One more data point.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
1 Ticket in J and Y

Does anyone know offhand if I buy a ticket routing 1 way in J and the return in Y would that get me the $200 J discount; the $65 Y discount or none at all?

Additionally, I assume flying in and out of different airports in London (i.e. LCY and LGW) wouldn't matter for the purpose of this discount, right?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by MarkP24
Does anyone know offhand if I buy a ticket routing 1 way in J and the return in Y would that get me the $200 J discount; the $65 Y discount or none at all?
Additionally, I assume flying in and out of different airports in London (i.e. LCY and LGW) wouldn't matter for the purpose of this discount, right?
If only there were some way you could do a dummy booking to find the answer to these questions............
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
If only there were some way you could do a dummy booking to find the answer to these questions............
I don't have AARP membership, and was debating getting it
Old Oct 10, 2018, 3:52 pm

Programs: BA, AA, FB
It will get you $100 off the J price and $32 off the Y price.

That is correct. You will still get the discount when flying into and out of different London airports.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by Hobbes01
It will get you $100 off the J price and $32 off the Y price.

That is correct. You will still get the discount when flying into and out of different London airports.
Excellent! Seems very worthwhile.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Do BA/AARP ever enforce the age minimum of 50 years for application? It seems not, but just wondering since it is in the terms and conditions if not joining as an Associate member.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:11 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Do BA/AARP ever enforce the age minimum of 50 years for application? It seems not, but just wondering since it is in the terms and conditions if not joining as an Associate member.
Not in my experience, no. I started using it in my late 40s.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 5:34 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold Meeting Planner, Starwood AMEX
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Just signed up for the discount and they do absolutely nothing to verify age. Put in whatever birthdate you’d like. Of course I find out after the fact that I can’t use the discount for a WTP. Curses! Foiled again. Will most likely not renew...hopefully I’ll find some other use for the card.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Originally Posted by fraidycat3
Of course I find out after the fact that I can’t use the discount for a WTP. Curses! Foiled again.
And there seems to be a website bug that would make you think otherwise. In the fare search results, the site shows the "Discounted" where in the normal search they used to say "Lowest" on the lowest fares, just changing the text. Due to the bug, the lowest WTP fares (and only the lowest) say "Discount" under them (in a yellow bar) even though I don't believe they're actually discounted.

I wondered why only some WTP fares said "Discount". Thanks for mentioning this @fraidycat3 - your comment got me to give things a closer look.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by twa777
And there seems to be a website bug that would make you think otherwise. In the fare search results, the site shows the "Discounted" where in the normal search they used to say "Lowest" on the lowest fares, just changing the text. Due to the bug, the lowest WTP fares (and only the lowest) say "Discount" under them (in a yellow bar) even though I don't believe they're actually discounted.

I wondered why only some WTP fares said "Discount". Thanks for mentioning this @fraidycat3 - your comment got me to give things a closer look.
You used to get about $130 off WTP and $400 of Club and First but they halved the $400 and eliminated the WTP and First discounts a while back. The promotional text does show this: https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...ember-benefits and I see that they have added BA Holiday discounts.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:59 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by MADPhil
and $400 of [sic] Club...
Ah, the good old days. $400 discount stacked with the Chase 10% discount.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.