Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

seats changed [e-mails advising you've been evicted from your row 64 seat]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

seats changed [e-mails advising you've been evicted from your row 64 seat]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2013, 6:37 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
can't believe this is still going on. I would be furious if they moved me out of 64A.

Just wondered if out of all the peeps been moved, have any Golds been moved ? There was a mention on this thread maybe it was 'special services' moving the seats around,,.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 6:50 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Well I have just moved myself to 62K from 64K on my next upper deck flight just in case. I would rather be guaranteed 62K then risk 19E for example....
Old Jan 23, 2013, 6:53 am
VLJ

I just checked and on my flight the only seats now available on the upper deck are 64A and B and 64J.
Now I would move back to my PAID FOR selection of 64A and 64B - however - if there is a policy now that these are reserved for Gold or infants etc - I do not want to be moved from row 64 to the main deck and if I was I would expect a full refund of $250.00
Therefore not sure whether to stay where they have put me 63A and 63B or move to row 64.
If they could release a statement explaining the reason we would know there is a high risk of losing these seats at the last moment anyway.
If the reason is simply a computer glitch I would like my seats back!
It's up to me to choose to take them back but I am not sure.
And if you think this seems a little picky remember we were charged $250 for the privilege of having a choice.
This is not a choice!
Old Jan 23, 2013, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
It is a good point £80 per leg per passenger, is a huge amount to pay for upper deck. I guess market forces must low it but surely they should be pretty much guaranteed for this.
I think reading the various threads a glitch occured on Monday that is now rectified so all those who were moved should move themselves back if not their original seats havne'nt resold!
Old Jan 23, 2013, 7:05 am

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
Originally Posted by VLJ
Wondering if you can advise re 63A and B - we are in Business due to my hip problem and needing to stretch out - I will be sitting in 63B if we accept this change from row 64.
They are ok, what seats are available downstairs?
Old Jan 23, 2013, 7:10 am
VLJ

Most seats available downstairs bar a few. We paid extra for upper deck though.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 7:11 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by VLJ
I just checked and on my flight the only seats now available on the upper deck are 64A and B and 64J.
Now I would move back to my PAID FOR selection of 64A and 64B - however - if there is a policy now that these are reserved for Gold or infants etc - I do not want to be moved from row 64 to the main deck and if I was I would expect a full refund of $250.00
Therefore not sure whether to stay where they have put me 63A and 63B or move to row 64.
If they could release a statement explaining the reason we would know there is a high risk of losing these seats at the last moment anyway.
If the reason is simply a computer glitch I would like my seats back!
It's up to me to choose to take them back but I am not sure.
And if you think this seems a little picky remember we were charged $250 for the privilege of having a choice.
This is not a choice!
If I was you, I'd stay in 63AB, wait until you've flown the flight then claim back the $250 for not getting the seats you paid for.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 7:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Some people just don't know how fortunate they are!

Having seen B744s replaced with A321s LHR-CAI (not to mention the move from T5 to T1 ) I'd currently give my right arm to be able to select a seat anywhere on the Upper Deck.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 7:22 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver
still trying to move back from 64AB to 64JK and system still wont let me after 3 days even though i called Exec Club on Monday and they said it would be rectified. maybe i should complain on Twitter and see what happens!
Old Jan 23, 2013, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Some people just don't know how fortunate they are!

Having seen B744s replaced with A321s LHR-CAI (not to mention the move from T5 to T1 ) I'd currently give my right arm to be able to select a seat anywhere on the Upper Deck.
You could always fly somewhere else

I'd love to get an upper deck on EDI-LHR too
Old Jan 23, 2013, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is there a chance that 64ABJK are no longer available for paid pre-assignment? That would be a positive even if the way it has been handled is poor.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 7:38 am
VLJ

Uh Phil I do know how fortunate we are to be able to pay for this privilege - however this is one change too many.
We were on the A380 with Qantas with free seat selection.
We are now on BA 747 and having to pay a lot of money to choose our seats in advance.
They have now shifted us with no real explanation.
This thread is about seat changing.
As Swanhunter said - if it's about row 64 not being available for pre-selection that's fine - just refund the payment made and allow us to make the choice whether to pay again for other available seats.
But to shift us to another seat and not explain why - and then still have your paid for seats available does not make sense and warrants a better explanation so we can decide whether to return to our chosen seats.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Genius1
Is that the actual wording of the email? Does not sound like a BA (or properly worded English) email.
Agreed ... a curious choice of words.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 8:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold
Just checked a Hotline booking I have for two relatives, for September this year, as I had prepaid all the seats for them as a gift, they too have been bumped from 64JK. Sales and Res say there are no other seats available on the upper deck, even though it's empty!!! She did say it was a change that went through a few days ago and not a system error. If you had paid for various seats you are getting thrown out of them and may not be allocated others on the upper deck. Not happy and I work for the blasted Company.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Many who have been shifted appear to be on flights later in the year.

Is it possible that these could be routes where A380 or B787 will be introduced?

Just a thought...

[/speculation]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.