Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

seats changed [e-mails advising you've been evicted from your row 64 seat]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

seats changed [e-mails advising you've been evicted from your row 64 seat]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:58 am

Programs: WestJet Dollars, BAEC, Aeroplan, AirMiles, IHG, BW and others
Farce.

LHR/YVR and YVR/LHR.

64JK moved to 64AB both ways and won't let me move back, despite them being 'available'.

Other people are posting that they have been moved AB to JK.

What on earth are they playing at???
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:01 pm

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
Just got hold of someone who said it does seem to be a computer glitch as she had had many people calling today.

She said she would refer it to the seating team and they would re-allocate it.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:01 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
argh, just reading this thread sent me into a panic. Quickly checked emails - no emails , phew, but then the stress of signing on BA.com and checking my upcoming reservations - 5 flights next 9 months CW from LHR to LAS in 64 A and B.

Double phew, still in 64 a and b.

We are both gold, so didnt pay for the seat assignments and have never been bumped from these seats, even when silver, so very strange.

Hope they fix this for you guys!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA something, LH something, HHonors something, Sixt something
FWIW, my seat (solo) selections for next month on 744s (one hi-J, one low-J) haven't changed; 60K outbound, 64A inbound. Nothing's changed for a trip in May with the family in Row 20 (three seats, one @ bassinet), also 744. All selected immediately after booking on ba.com. Perhaps because I'm Silver, perhaps not...
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:04 pm

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
Strange thing, it will still let me purchase 64 j/k for the inbound.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:10 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

It seems like a lot of folks are being thrown out of 64K, Swanhunters favourite seat. Maybe he has control of the seating system and is causing all sorts of mayhem as he gets upset if folks are in 'his' seat

Jesting apart doing a dummy booking on an LHR-LAX flightin Feb on the UD there are no seats available for payment (63J/K, 64 ABJK) but putting in a full fare J ticket it shows the whole of the UD as available? Hope the folks affected get their seats back. ^
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EXEC CLUB
we're dancing guys.....

we started with 64AB, then moved to 19AB and just one minute ago back to UD: 64JK... and in just 10 hours; it's a long ,long,long way to august.....
Old Jan 21, 2013, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by hydargos
we're dancing guys.....

we started with 64AB, then moved to 19AB and just one minute ago back to UD: 64JK... and in just 10 hours; it's a long ,long,long way to august.....
Hi,

Do you mind me asking, did you have to call up to get this changed back, or did it just happen automatically?

I called up earlier today and got fobbed off.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Is that the actual wording of the email? Does not sound like a BA (or properly worded English) email.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 1:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Bizarre.

was moved 64A to 63A. Advised by email it was for operational reasons.
Called and was told there was nothing that could be done, even though no one else was occupying 64A, but was advised that a Manager would ring me.

I immediately tried to put myself back into 64A but it wouldn't let me.
Just tried again (4 hours later), and it did!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by techdiver
Hi,

Do you mind me asking, did you have to call up to get this changed back, or did it just happen automatically?

I called up earlier today and got fobbed off.
i didn't move a finger
Old Jan 21, 2013, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

miracles happen!

new e-mail :

your seat numbers have changed, your new seat numbers are 64A 64B

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT
Old Jan 21, 2013, 2:05 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
This is all very strange.

I hope you all get your seats back and someone explains why this has happened!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 2:07 pm

Programs: BA - Bronze : HHonnors Gold : Hyatt Gold
I received an email from BA today saying that my seat on LHR-SFO had been changed, which I wasn't very happy about as I'm in 64A there and back. Went into MMB and saw the message saying my seat had been changed, but when I went to the actual seat map/selector, I was still in 64A.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
If you got an email you are doing better than me.

HKG LHR upper deck booked 6 months in advance and at time 3 x silver and 1 gold in party. Moved without warning 7 days before departure to lower deck middle.

Have now lost count of the changes BA staff make to my bookings and seat reservations which have no email follow up. Cannot be anyone else as anything on ba.com generates email. this not the case if done in reservation system. Reported these to BA and security who simply deny there is a problem.

My cynical view is that it is special services ensuring that their clients get what they want and hang the rest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.