Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

seats changed [e-mails advising you've been evicted from your row 64 seat]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

seats changed [e-mails advising you've been evicted from your row 64 seat]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2013, 2:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thumbs up

I posted on the other thread earlier that I had received the email this morning for flight in late Feb (JFK - LHR). Paid for 64A & 64B but moved to 63J & 63K.

64A & 64B were still showing as available though but MMB wouldn't let me change them back so I called the EC. The agent was really helpful and tried to move us back to the original seats but the system wouldn't let him either. He reported it to the seating team to see if they could move us back and said wait to see if you get an email over the next couple of days.

Anyway, seeing what others have done, I just went back to MMB and it let me re-assign them back! Still no confirmation email but MMB is now showing 64A & 64B. Cautious optimism...

Edit: Just received confirmation email of changes I have made in MMB.

Last edited by NorthernBA; Jan 21, 2013 at 2:50 pm Reason: Confirmation email received
Old Jan 21, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: WestJet Dollars, BAEC, Aeroplan, AirMiles, IHG, BW and others
Still won't let me put my seats back....
Old Jan 21, 2013, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by kirky
Still won't let me put my seats back....
Same for me. Refuses to let me change back to my original seats!

Bloody annoying!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Call them and they will fix it, they fixed me anyway. ^

Will be interesting to see how many different excuses they can come up with
Old Jan 21, 2013, 6:52 pm

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
Still waiting for my friends to go back.

Wonder what caused it?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 9:00 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
AAAAARGHHHH - Unfortunately someone has now nabbed 64K that I had originally booked for my parents (the other being 64J).

So not only are they not in the seats I paid for, they are not even sitting together anymore which has upset my mother - bloody farce!

When I phoned BA earlier they told me about the glitch and that they would move my parents back as soon as they could - I should have saved my telephone money!

I had better get my paid seat money back - if I knew they would not get 64J/K then I would not have paid the stupid amount to put them upstairs. I did not want them having to jump over someones feet to go to the loo - whoever is in 64J on the day will have that pain in the backside as my mum goes to the loo a lot!!!!

If it seems like I am angry for something so small then you are correct, however I have now promised my folks something (this being their first time upstairs in Club) and now BA have made me look stupid - the quote I got back from my folks "I don't know why you are so loyal to BA anyway" - they could have a point!!!!

I am now looking forward to the next phone call tomorrow for an explanation!

aks120
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:06 pm
AAL

What a strange glitch! We were moved from 64 A and B to 64 J and K. Although our original seats still appeared to be vacant this morning, the website wouldn't let me switch back. I just tried again (12 hours later) and succeeded.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:21 pm

Location: Northumberland (The big bit between Newcastle & Scotland).
Programs: BAEC & VS.
Originally Posted by AAL
What a strange glitch! We were moved from 64 A and B to 64 J and K. Although our original seats still appeared to be vacant this morning, the website wouldn't let me switch back. I just tried again (12 hours later) and succeeded.
I was moved the other way 64K to 64A

Just tried to move back to the still empty 64K but won't allow me.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 2:24 am

Followed PanGalactic's advice & gave the Exec Club a quick call

Very pleasant lady put me on hold while she had a quick chat with the seating dep't - am now back in 64K for both legs.^

The pleasant lady did seem to know about the problem staight away so I guess a few folk must have been in touch.

Bat 21
Old Jan 22, 2013, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by Bat 21
Followed PanGalactic's advice & gave the Exec Club a quick call

Very pleasant lady put me on hold while she had a quick chat with the seating dep't - am now back in 64K for both legs.^

The pleasant lady did seem to know about the problem staight away so I guess a few folk must have been in touch.

Bat 21
Just spoke to Exec Club again and they are still saying to me that these seats are restricted!

Still won't allow me to re-select them.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by techdiver
Just spoke to Exec Club again and they are still saying to me that these seats are restricted!

Still won't allow me to re-select them.
I would try again & hope for a better agent, - the lady I spoke to was also unable to change the seat - but she was good enough to contact the seating dep't.

Probably worth asking them to contact seating if the next agent doesn't do it automatically.

Good luck

Bat 21
Old Jan 22, 2013, 4:21 am

The same thing has just happened to me, i had booked seats 64JK on both legs and re-assigned 63AB and 64AB. Ive called and fingers crossed they will put me back to the seats I paid for, im just waiting for confirmation.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 4:48 am

I think here may be a bigger problem with seat changes.

I am now back in my original long haul upper deck 64K seats as per earlier posts.

I just now happend to notice that on my domestic leg up to NCL following my return to the UK from LAX - row 5A was free on the A319 - went to change it from my selected seat further back - but got the red "unable to change" message

No big deal I know but it does kind of point to a possible glitch beyond the 747 upper decks

Bat 21
Old Jan 22, 2013, 5:11 am

Same problem here. Paid to select 64K, got an e-mail saying i was moved. In MMB 64K is still showing as available although the person on the phone says it was showing blocked on their screen

Have selected something downstairs for now (just to be safe), although I really hope they sort it out and move people back to where they paid for. glitch or no glitch, if you sell something you really should honour it (especially when it costs nothing for them to move somebody!)
Old Jan 22, 2013, 5:45 am

Gone from bad to worse now!

I have been removed all together now! I have no seat assignment and Exec club are telling me they can't assign me a seat in UD even though I bloody paid for it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.