Lhr-lba

0755 - 0855
1235 - 1335
1900 - 2000

lba - lhr

0930 - 1030
1615 - 1715
2120 - 2220
Compared to what was in the system for S13 before, that closer to as it is now, but with the middle two merged into one (which makes more sense IMHO).
Old Jan 17, 2013, 8:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by jimbosmith300
Lhr-lba

0755 - 0855
1235 - 1335
1900 - 2000

lba - lhr

0930 - 1030
1615 - 1715
2120 - 2220
Thanks for that, times look quite good still, 3 each way per day seems more sensible.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:51 pm

Very sad about Dar

And surprised - Club always seemed busy to me.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond + Ambassador, Accor Gold, Avis President's Club, Heathrow Rewards
I'll never understand why people want to fly to IBZ. Dreadful place full of noise and drunken louts.

Originally Posted by Joely
So LBA is doing badly so they are going to move it across to T5 despite high earning flights being shunted to T1 (I'm thinking of destinations like LYS and TLV here).
How would LYS be a high earning destination?

Originally Posted by JALlover
sad to see another two destinations going away, after a bunch of exotic destinations gone with the purchase of BMI(namely ex-BMI destinations)
Yeah, BMI clearly made a big success out of its choice of destinations!

Originally Posted by kanderson1965
Pleased that LBA is moving to T5, I shall now be using it instead of MAN while I can, providing times are sensible for connections. Is there a link to the new schedule for LBA?
So, you're saying you feel more at home amongst the grumpy Yorkshire folk than in sodden MAN?
Old Jan 17, 2013, 1:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Originally Posted by MNManInKen
More so than LBA I would guess.

Either way read my other reply, it may not be a high earner but flights are usually well loaded to the point that they laid on more services.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 1:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by imarks
Very sad about Dar
+1 BA and before them BOAC have operated this route for over 50 years.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 1:13 pm

[QUOTE=MNManInKen;20069122

So, you're saying you feel more at home amongst the grumpy Yorkshire folk than in sodden MAN? [/QUOTE]

You have obviously never travelled on First Transpennine express then? One hour less with them each way would easily be worth £50 in extra airfare for me. I am not known as an SRB fan, but please not First group for West Coast.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Joely
More so than LBA I would guess.

Either way read my other reply, it may not be a high earner but flights are usually well loaded to the point that they laid on more services.
I think the problem with LBA is there is a Lo-Co mentality about up here with both Jet-2 and Ryanair dominating, I think it may need a year or so for yields to build via word of mouth, unfortunately I fear the route is only temporary regardless of whether the route performance improves dramatically or not.
This is a pity as it would give BA IRROPS options if EDI, GLA or especially MAN have problems.

I suppose I am being a bit selfish here as LBA is probably the best airport for where I live in Hull, much better than HUY in fact.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond + Ambassador, Accor Gold, Avis President's Club, Heathrow Rewards
It's quite interesting to see people here moan about a change of terminal at the hub that is LHR, while elsewhere on the forum the fantasy is still being entertained that instead of sorting out - finally, and swiftly - the much needed expansion at LHR, "distributing" capacity to smaller, geographically dispersed airports would constitute a viable alternative... Someone even mentioned SEN!

Originally Posted by kanderson1965
You have obviously never travelled on First Transpennine express then? One hour less with them each way would easily be worth 50 in extra airfare for me. I am not known as an SRB fan, but please not First group for West Coast.
What, going north of Watford!? Moi?
On a more serious note, I can appreciate your feelings with regard to the train!
Old Jan 17, 2013, 2:08 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
I think the loss of DAR is as much down to the realisation that the aircraft could make more money going to ALA. I hope when the new longhaul planes arrive it will be added back.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 2:21 pm

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
I'll never understand why people want to fly to IBZ.
The LCY flights have done really well and LCY-IBZ now operates all year round.

The LHR-IBZ flights have been loaded. I think the Sunday morning departure is a bit early for some of the route's constituency, who'd normally be hitting the after hours clubs at that time!

BA0452 LHR IBZ 07:05 10:30 (Su)
BA0452 LHR IBZ 11:20 14:45 (Sa)

BA0453 IBZ LHR 11:15 12:45 (Su)
BA0453 IBZ LHR 15:30 17:00 (Sat)

A twice weekly short-haul route is not one designed for pulling in feeder traffic but it'll be interesting to see whether it does for people in the industry jetting around all summer.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 2:47 pm

Interesting that nothing is moving in to T3 - when in 2014, T1 will be left, again, and all flights will be from T3 or T5.

And while there are fewer flights to consider its disappointing that Belfast, rather the LBA, did not to go to T5.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 2:53 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by riga

And while there are fewer flights to consider its disappointing that Belfast, rather the LBA, did not to go to T5.
I suppose at (soon to be) three flights a day LBA was a possibility but the higher frequency BHD wasn't.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by riga
Interesting that nothing is moving in to T3 - when in 2014, T1 will be left, again, and all flights will be from T3 or T5.

In completely unbiased fashion I'm disappointed DUB didn't get moved to T5 (though understand why not). From my experience seems to be doing well - good numbers of CE passengers and decent number of connections. 8 flights per day for S13 (though Fri-Sun drops) is decent even if some weird gaps remain
Old Jan 17, 2013, 3:14 pm

I'll never understand why people want to fly to IBZ. Dreadful place full of noise and drunken louts.
Whilst I would agree that I wouldn't touch places like San Antonio with a barge pole, there are places in Ibiza that don't conform to that stereotype. I usually stay in Figueretas which in my experience is virtually drunken lout free. Nice civilised prom to walk along with bars and restaurants to sit outside at night (especially Soleado restaurant), and the nightlife of ibiza town is a 15 minute walk away if you do want something more energetic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.