Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Membership year end trigger - 8th vs. actual.. and tier points credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Membership year end trigger - 8th vs. actual.. and tier points credit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2013, 2:24 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Originally Posted by BlackBerryAddict
Thanks for this - I just checked my son's account and he qualified for Silver on the last day of his membership year (ie yesterday), but the account still shows bronze, and TPs have been deducted like PtF. I'll wait a couple of days to see what happens.
Indeed - it worked - he's been upgraded to Silver.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Just to update - reply within a few hours from Nicci - "Don't worry about this you will be renewed automatically" ^^
My BMI Gold match auto-renewed as well (I was one of the others in the same boat as you EDIflyer) - however the tier points I earnt from the flight on the last day of my 'old' year got wiped out even though they posted a few days into the 'new' year
Old Apr 11, 2013, 1:05 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by =jon=
Just to update - reply within a few hours from Nicci - "Don't worry about this you will be renewed automatically" ^^
My BMI Gold match auto-renewed as well (I was one of the others in the same boat as you EDIflyer) - however the tier points I earnt from the flight on the last day of my 'old' year got wiped out even though they posted a few days into the 'new' year
This is normal. They count in the year the flight was flown, not when it posts.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Yes - their IT seems pretty well-written in this regard - even if posting after year end they know to apply it to the previous year. With regards auto-renewing - at present I still don't know if this has happened or not as the account will remain Gold until 31/5/13 (card expiry) - I had thought it would reset on 9/4/13, but based on other reports it sounds like the online account only shows the downgrade after card expiry. The main way to check is to see if the 'order exec club items' bit shows a Gold renewal or not. However based on Nicci's reply I'm happy that even if it did downgrade they're quickly sort it!
Old Apr 11, 2013, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by martyndavid
My year ended on 8 April at which point my account was showing 2860 TPs. Flew back from BOS to LHR in CW (140 TPs) departing on the 7th, arriving on 8th, connecting to BRU in CE (40 TPs). Just checked my account to see the 140 and the 40 had been credited and immediately withdrawn. But it was only 2860 points that were zeroed.

Question: did I make 3000 TP's this year on my way to GGL (if I mange 3000 next year)? Do I need to call BAEC to ask them to note that I made 3040 in the year?
Couldn't hurt to give them a ring.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 3:56 pm

Yes - their IT seems pretty well-written in this regard - even if posting after year end they know to apply it to the previous year. With regards auto-renewing - at present I still don't know if this has happened or not as the account will remain Gold until 31/5/13 (card expiry) - I had thought it would reset on 9/4/13, but based on other reports it sounds like the online account only shows the downgrade after card expiry. The main way to check is to see if the 'order exec club items' bit shows a Gold renewal or not. However based on Nicci's reply I'm happy that even if it did downgrade they're quickly sort it!
Mine would let me order a gold pack, so looks like it's alright... I guess I'm used to many years of BMI's shonky IT - BA must have a better breed of cat running IT!
Old Apr 11, 2013, 4:04 pm

Mine would let me order a gold pack, so looks like it's alright... I guess I'm used to many years of BMI's shonky IT - BA must have a better breed of cat running IT!
Hmm, I'm not sure - I think until your card expires you're allowed to order a replacement card and bag tag. At some points (?weeks) it should automatically either issue a downgrade pack or a retention pack. Time will tell
Old Apr 29, 2013, 5:30 am

Time did tell - my silver pack arrived today

Time for a PM!
Old Apr 29, 2013, 5:32 am

Sorry to hear that, =jon= - my Gold renewal pack arrived today :$
Old Apr 29, 2013, 5:40 am

Oh well, I'm sure Nicci will sort it out!
Old Jul 31, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold; *G
Oneworld tier point delays

Could someone tell me whether I will still be OK to depend on tier points from US Airways that will credit my account several days / weeks after membership year end in order to maintain my status? I am still being offered renewal at 800 tier points as a Euro resident and don't want to lose that.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by eltibu
Could someone tell me whether I will still be OK to depend on tier points from US Airways that will credit my account several days / weeks after membership year end in order to maintain my status? I am still being offered renewal at 800 tier points as a Euro resident and don't want to lose that.
Was the flight in your old membership year, or the new one? If it was flown in the old year, BA should credit them to the old year, but you may have to phone up to get it fixed.

Last edited by Paralytic; Jul 31, 2014 at 3:48 pm
Old Jul 31, 2014, 3:36 pm

I flew several US flights on the last day of my membership year in June. They posted a few days later, got adjusted out of my new year balance and credited to the old year without any intervention on my part, so I'd expect it to work for you as well.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 6:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, AF Gold, some hotels...
Originally Posted by eltibu
as a Euro resident
Did not know MEX was in Europe

I concur with windowontheAside from experience it will work fine. Just do not check on the 8th as it will seem you have been downgraded, but a few days later it will have automatically been adjusted.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 7:53 am

Programs: VA Platinum
Just making sure...

Tier Point collection year ends 08 Oct 2014. As of the 8 Oct I'll have 590 tier points. But I'm on a 7pm flight that evening to AMS.
So I'm assuming I'll re-qualify for Silver automatically?
Or will I have to call to make sure the points are credited to this years points?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.