Wiki Posts
Search

Reward Saver availability

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2013, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: DC, BAEC
Reward Saver availability

Clutching at straws here but does anyone think RS availability will be different via the BAEC call centre compared to the BA website?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 2:10 am

Programs: BA Silver
Not in my experience. The agents have access to the same buckets as you. But if you find I'm wrong please report it here!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 2:12 am

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
Nope, but it may be different on Avios.com as opposed to ba.com.

The other option to consider is calling and speaking to the BAEC -- they do have the capability of trying to reserve seats, and then asking Revenue Management to release more seats for you.

You will be at the mercy of Lady Luck, however, and you will also have to pay the off-line booking service charge if seats become available.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 2:25 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Have you checked CE, There is often more availability there than ET.

Also what destination?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stewaran
Have you checked CE, There is often more availability there than ET.

Also what destination?
Yep, alas no difference. BHD-TLS (via LHR) on 15 June 2013. The LHR-TLS leg is the problem.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 4:46 am

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
Just looked on Avios.com, and it's showing availability with Iberia via Madrid.

Depends on how many Avios you have to burn, and how much of a hassle you perceive the connection to be for you ?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 5:00 am

Programs: ABBA
If you're a Gold card holder you can pay double avios to get your seat
Old Jan 15, 2013, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rickers
Just looked on Avios.com, and it's showing availability with Iberia via Madrid.

Depends on how many Avios you have to burn, and how much of a hassle you perceive the connection to be for you ?
Thanks, had a look at the MAD option but I think three legs is too much. Might just have to try using one of the loco's to get out and do a one-way RS coming back.

I thought I might see RS availability on Aer Lingus DUB-TLS but it's not appearing - presumably only available through the call centre so I'll give them a buzz later on.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 7:02 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Bmi-fan
I thought I might see RS availability on Aer Lingus DUB-TLS but it's not appearing - presumably only available through the call centre so I'll give them a buzz later on.
Yes, you need to call for Aer Lingus redemptions - you can't see/book them online.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Bmi-fan
I thought I might see RS availability on Aer Lingus DUB-TLS but it's not appearing
There is no Aer Lingus flight from DUB-TLS on the date in question. These flights operate only on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.

Also, I would be very surprised if BA were able to book any Aer Lingus flight for you at the Reward Flight Saver rates.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 8:10 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Also, I would be very surprised if BA were able to book any Aer Lingus flight for you at the Reward Flight Saver rates.
It will not be RFS rates, but fuel surcharges with Air Lingus are low anyway, from what I hear in this forum.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by neuromancer
It will not be RFS rates, but fuel surcharges with Air Lingus are low anyway, from what I hear in this forum.
It's often better/cheaper/easier to just buy the Aer Lingus flight outright from www.aerlingus.com when it's a short-haul journey.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 1:47 am
Original Poster

ended up booking the outbound with easyjet but we were able to get the inbound TLS-LHR-BHD on RS for 9000 miles & 30. Happy enough in the end!
Old Mar 6, 2013, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Just out of curiosity went back and looked for RS availability on the outbound leg and lo & behold there are now 6 seats!

Does anyone know if there's a best time to look for RS availability (-3 months, -1 month etc.) or is it just pot luck?
Old Mar 6, 2013, 3:39 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Short answer is it is pot luck.

Availability comes and goes and there appears to be no discernible trend to how BA release them. To add to that seats sometimes appear out the blue because another traveller has cancelled their booking and the seats go back on the market.

Having said that, over 10 months or less than 1 month from date of travel seem to be the best times to find a seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.