Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Seating Policy Guide

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Over and over again I say this, yet nobody listens: It is not T-72h. To describe it as that lends it the spurious air of precision that has misled RedDevil83.

These seats (like all other seats released at this time) usually become available at about lunchtime UK time on the day three days before the flight (eg Monday for a Thursday flight). This is not T-72h, although it might not be inaccurate to say that it's T-3d.
thanks for the clarification.

I am now at T-47 and it's still not letting me put him into 1A. Out of curiosity I tried putting myself in 1A instead, moving across from 1K, and the same error message appears despite me being a GCH and the seat appearing to be empty. So for some reason 1A seems blocked off. Anyone had this before?

The error message is:

Error
Sorry, we are unable to process your request. Please contact your local British Airways office.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by RedDevil83
It's my friends first ever trip in anything above economy, so to get him 1a on a 747 would make it a pretty special flight.
How about swapping with him so he gets 1K and you can slum it in 2K?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 5:36 am

We are travelling to BGI in CW and neither of us have status with BA. I hadn't looked at the seat map until now (2 days until check in opens) and see that there are only D & G seats left in the cabin to select. Are we likely to be separated during the flight or are there other seats likely to open up when we go to check in?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 6:34 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by jlh274
We are travelling to BGI in CW and neither of us have status with BA. I hadn't looked at the seat map until now (2 days until check in opens) and see that there are only D & G seats left in the cabin to select. Are we likely to be separated during the flight or are there other seats likely to open up when we go to check in?
Yes you are likely to be separated if there are no pairs of seats together. What is your flight number and date of travel?

BA at checkin do not usually move other passengers to accommodate groups who have not paid for/selected seats together already. BGI would have a high number of couples/groups travelling.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 7:46 am

We are travelling on 14 March on BA2155 . There are now two seats together in the last row of CW showing beside the bassinet location.

I thought that sometimes other seats display when you go to check in as BA pre-allocate upon booking. Understand that it will be lots of couples travelling but it is the first time I've seen E and F reserved over a D/E or F/G pairing as most people don't like travelling backwards!
Old Mar 10, 2015, 8:10 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
We are travelling on 14 March on BA2155 . There are now two seats together in the last row of CW showing beside the bassinet location.

I thought that sometimes other seats display when you go to check in as BA pre-allocate upon booking. Understand that it will be lots of couples travelling but it is the first time I've seen E and F reserved over a D/E or F/G pairing as most people don't like travelling backwards!
The seatmap is as follows:

Results from ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Seat Map Search:
Departing LGW on 14/03/15 for BGI
Flying BA flight 2155 in Business/Club

A   B       D   E   F   G       J   K   
10      -   -       +   -   -   +       -   -       
11      -   -       -   -   -   -       -   X       
12  W   -   -       +   -   -   +       -   -   W   
13  W   -   -       +   -   -   +       -   -   W   
14  W   -   -       +   -   -   +       -   -   W   
15  W   -   -       -   X   +   +       +   X   W   
        A   B       D   E   F   G       J   K   

Seats
Available                +                                               
Occupied                 -                        
Blocked                  X
Your best chance is if you can get 15EF or 15JK by doing OLCI at exactly T-24.

I don't know why people have an issue facing backwards on an aircraft, I know a few people who weren't keen on it until they tried it and now prefer the EF pair when travelling CW.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 8:16 am

Thank you very much. We have a connecting flight down to London as well so will be able to check in more than 24 hours before the actual BGI flight.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by RedDevil83
thanks for the clarification.

I am now at T-47 and it's still not letting me put him into 1A. Out of curiosity I tried putting myself in 1A instead, moving across from 1K, and the same error message appears despite me being a GCH and the seat appearing to be empty. So for some reason 1A seems blocked off. Anyone had this before?

The error message is:

Error
Sorry, we are unable to process your request. Please contact your local British Airways office.
Getting the same error here trying to book on Ba 16 on the 14th

:-:
Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:26 am

most people don't like travelling backwards!
Most? I don't think that's true. More likely that most couldn't give a monkey's or wouldn't even notice.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 5:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
I just booked an award flight using my avios from Tel Aviv to MAN, (stopover in LHR) in Business class. (25,000 avios plus 89 quid taxes)

I would like to choose my seats on both flights now, even though the flights are only in july. However, when I go to reserve seats online, it says I have to pay £65 to choose a seat now on the first flight, and for the second flight to MAN £7. Why is this?????? I have Qantas gold and Air Berlin gold, which are OW sapphire, and my flight is in business.
Can I only reserve a seat by calling the BA call centre?
Old Apr 2, 2015, 6:19 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
BA Seating Policy Guide

Have you put your AB Gold number in the booking?
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by paul4040
Have you put your AB Gold number in the booking?
Thanks!

Someone told me that although on the ba website it is not possible to change the FF number, I can do it on the finnair website, so I changed it there. Now when I login to my booking on BA, it still says my BAEC number as the FF number, but it now allows me to choose a seat at NO EXTA COST.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 1:40 am

I have LCY to Malaga return in Club Europe and on the E190 and would like front row.

Reward Flights going out and we paid Economy for return but there was an offer to upgrade to Club and I need the tier points. I have logged my CX FF on Finnair.

I am Gold Marco Polo but can only get the third row.

Any idea when the front row seats open up please?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 1:51 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
BA Gold only until 11am GMT (12pm BST) on T-3d.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 2:28 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
BA Seating Policy Guide

And make sure you go for 2CD, they have unlimited legroom.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.