Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2013, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LDNConsultant
This is a community-maintained wiki post. Please add important information to it or correct outdated information by clicking the "Edit" button below!

Lucrative runs that have been reported under 3/TP - current availability not guaranteed
Route | Booking class | Fare | Booking channel | TPs | /TP | credit

American Airlines

SFO-LAX-MIA-CUN | A/A/I | 498 return | aa.com | 620 TPs | 0.80/TP | chris1979
ORD-STL-DFW-SJU | A/A/I | 458 return | aa.com | 520 TPs | 0.88/TP | timezonehopper
SFO-LAX-MIA-CUN-MIA-LAX-LAS | A/A/I/I/A/A | 581 round trip | aa.com | 620 TPs | 0.94/TP | courtster
AMS-LHR-LAX-SFO-JFK-LHR-AMS | I/I/A/A/I/I | 1641 round trip | aa.com | 630 TPs | 2.60/TP | mccorry
IST-LHR/LCY-JFK-EZE-MIA-LHR-IST | I/I/I/I/I/I | 2106 round trip | aa.com | 790TPs | 2.61/TP | nth_utsera_sth_utsera
45 day advance purchase required, minimum stay 7 days.

British Airways
LGW-MLA | R | 248 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | 1.55/TP | LDNConsultant
LGW-RAK | R | 280 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | 1.75/TP | mfgr
Book by 31/12/13 for this price.
JER-LGW-AMS | J/R | 259 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | 1.62/TP | joejet
LGW-JER | R | 181 return | ba.com | 80 TPs | 2.26/TP
LGW-AMS | R | 199 return | ba.com | 80 TPs | 2.49/TP
BRU-LHR//LCY-JFK-SEA (last bit on AA) and back | I/I/A | 1,529 return | probably have to phone up | 920 TPs | 1.66/TP | stifle
Outbound 12/4-27/4 or 25/6-24/8, min stay Sat night, ticket by 2/1/14

Royal Jordanian
BEY-AMM-AQJ | D | 255 return | rj.com | 160 TPs | 1.59/TP | DeanB

Malaysia Airlines
SIN-KUL-KCH | D | S$660 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 160 TPs | 2.12/TP |HPN-HRL
DEL-KUL-BKK | Z | INR41,666 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 360TPs| 1.15/TP| Seshy
DEL-KUL-NRT | Z | INR92,395 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 560TPs| 1.64/TP| Seshy
ICN-KUL-SYD/MEL | Z | KRW1,582,600 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 560TPs| 1.65/TP| armagebedar
SIN-KUL-DXB | Z | S$1084 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | 1.50/TP | qasr (+long haul equipment on KUL-DXB)
SIN-KUL-TPE | Z | S$1078 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | 1.49/TP | qasr
SIN-KUL-DEL | Z | S$1018 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | 1.41/TP | qasr
SIN-KUL-KTM | Z | S$1006 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | 1.39/TP | qasr

Qatar Airways
CAI-DOH-BKK | 759 return | D/D/D/A | 360 TPs | 2.10/TP ExpatSomchai
DME-DOH-SGN | I | 1255 return | qatarairways.com | 560 TPs | 2.25/TP |continentalclub
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point runs | 2013 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2013, 10:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by nux
You don't add the flight to BAEC, all you need to do is add your FF number to the Iberia booking through Iberia's website, over the phone, or at the airport. It may not ever show up on your BAEC account page but as long as the FF number is attached to the booking (and should print out on your boarding pass) then it will credit to BAEC.

Your posts do come across as if you have not done any research yourself, read the Wiki or the past few pages of this thread.
All the information is in the last two pages of this thread, including sample origin/destination, where to book and applicable dates. If you cannot find the fare then perhaps it isn't available for your dates.
Your previous question about US TP run suggestions is also covered by the Wiki at the top of the page.

If you have specific questions then feel free to ask, but you will have to do some work yourself.
Thank you, I will do should I need too. I had no idea but from looking at this today I understand more than I did and yes... it is rather easy. :-)
Old Nov 18, 2013, 10:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
[QUOTE=nux;21806093]You don't add the flight to BAEC, all you need to do is add your FF number to the Iberia booking through Iberia's website, over the phone, or at the airport. It may not ever show up on your BAEC account page but as long as the FF number is attached to the booking (and should print out on your boarding pass) then it will credit to BAEC.

Excellent - thanks nux!
Old Nov 18, 2013, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for those who replied. I was fully aware you could route through LHR for say NYC itins but I was more interested in the LAX/SFO ones. It seems routing onto the LCY flights was not possible or even onwards from LHR. A shame that OpenSkies no longer gets 210 as shown in the Wiki.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 10:45 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Elite, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, NEXUS/GE
I'd like to pick up 160 TPs this winter, ex-LON. Looking at the wiki, it looks like some cheap ways of doing this that would work for me are CE LGW-AMS (x2, at 199 each), or CE LGW-RAK (at 280).

I hate to be the "I looked but I couldn't find anything" guy, but I'm wondering if these fares were available on the Luxury World Sale which is no longer on offer? I've searched every weekend for these fares, all the way through the end of March, and they don't come up in any of my searches. I'm happy to keep looking on my own if they're known to still be out there.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 10:47 am

Programs: Oneworld, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by PeaSouper
I'd like to pick up 160 TPs this winter, ex-LON. Looking at the wiki, it looks like some cheap ways of doing this that would work for me are CE LGW-AMS (x2, at 199 each), or CE LGW-RAK (at 280).

I hate to be the "I looked but I couldn't find anything" guy, but I'm wondering if these fares were available on the Luxury World Sale which is no longer on offer? I've searched every weekend for these fares, all the way through the end of March, and they don't come up in any of my searches. I'm happy to keep looking on my own if they're known to still be out there.
Go to BA.com, click on Flights and Holidays.
Then click Find Our Best Offers.

I am assuming you are logged into the UK site.

You will see neither fare is there.

Edit: Now that I second-guess myself and check, the prices are outrageously higher than usual.
The only fare accurate in the Wiki is the Malta one.

Last edited by greyguy1; Nov 18, 2013 at 10:56 am
Old Nov 18, 2013, 11:18 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Elite, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by greyguy1
Go to BA.com, click on Flights and Holidays.
Then click Find Our Best Offers.

I am assuming you are logged into the UK site.

You will see neither fare is there.

Edit: Now that I second-guess myself and check, the prices are outrageously higher than usual.
The only fare accurate in the Wiki is the Malta one.
Ok, thanks for verifying for me. (I didn't know about the Find Our Best Offers page.)

Given that this is "outrageously higher than usual", I'll hold off on booking anything at all for now.

Appreciate your help.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 11:20 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by London32
Noted - which I've done. I didn't realise it was via the Iberia site.

The more I use this site, the more people I come into contact with. People are either incredibly nice or plain rude for no reason whatsoever which is far from constructive or helpful. I know which one I'd prefer to be!
Some of these fares can be quite fiddly and time consuming stringing together, I for one can spend hours 'tuning' a simple trip. So when someone presents to you a complete itinerary on request, they've probably spend a bit of effort putting it together.

Not justifying rudeness, just that a simple request might actually take someone a while to get an answer for, and that should be appreciated.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 12:05 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by London32
Really? Grow up. I was simply asking advice and aiming to save cash. Posts like this are not helpful and I won't humour you by getting into a slanging match.
Without flamboyant1, you wouldn't even know about this deal in the first place. So you might want to reconsider being rude when you are asking people to help you while not investing any time or effort at all, which is completely obvious.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 3:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
It's a corker of a deal (IB) - even pricing up via LHR on return leg if anyone fancies taking a 747 from SFO!
Old Nov 18, 2013, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by our_kid
It's a corker of a deal (IB) - even pricing up via LHR on return leg if anyone fancies taking a 747 from SFO!
On BA or AA metal?
Old Nov 18, 2013, 3:57 pm

Programs: BA back down to Blue, PC Plat
Originally Posted by happeemonkee
I'm struggling to get a BA RFS positioning flight from MAN to CDG on 26/12. Nothing at all on the domestic front with BA and the only option on avios.com is a Flybe flight.

Anyone know how reliable Flybe are? I know one of our posters refers to them as Flymabe :-(
They are pretty reliable these days, though I can remember when that was far from being the case!

I would be slightly more worried about their willingness to cancel flights around Christmastime if the loads are light. They've a bit of previous doing this.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ShadowCaptain
On BA or AA metal?
BA, AA don't have any Jumbo's.

I've seen this since day 1, but I'd be interested if anyone can squeeze in LCY or an F transcon after a LHR flight on AA/BA. Say PAR-LON-NYC-SFO.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover

I've seen this since day 1, but I'd be interested if anyone can squeeze in LCY or an F transcon after a LHR flight on AA/BA. Say PAR-LON-NYC-SFO.
As soon as I get it to put me through LHR the fares triples in price what's more I can't get ITA to give me the fare rules.... How frustrating!
Old Nov 18, 2013, 4:31 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by hugolover

Best I can get is a direct from LHR to SEA/LAX/SFO after routing from CDG. No F transcons when routing via LHR and no LCY, unfortunately.

I'm still trying to get a flight to JFK on evening 1, connecting with the 18.45 from JFK to Seattle on evening 2. I can't get it to work at all on the Iberia site and when I price it with an online TA I'm forced to go with Iberia flight numbers, which means fewer points. Grrrr! So, the decision is, 24 hours in NY (my daughters would love to visit, even on a whistle stop tour!) or a quick connection with 70 extra TPs each way. Aaaaahhhhh!!! Why can't it just be simple!?
Old Nov 18, 2013, 4:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by ShadowCaptain
As soon as I get it to put me through LHR the fares triples in price what's more I can't get ITA to give me the fare rules.... How frustrating!
Fare rules would be really helpful, but I can't find them anywhere either

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.