Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Any one else experienced Gold number showing on MMB but not BP / CSD list?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL For Life: Hilton Diamond: IHG Platinum

My wife and I (also a Gold Card holder) travelled SYD - LHR a few days ago in CW

This was an Avios booking, using one of my GUF2 certificates, as well as one of my GGL annual redemption benefits.

(As such it was booked directly over the ‘phone with GGL)

On Manage my Booking both my GGL number and my wife’s Gold Card were clearly visible in the booking, and we checked in on line using MMB.

But neither of our Gold Card numbers appeared on our Boarding Passes which we printed out after OLCI.

When we checked bags in in SYD I asked the check in agent if they were in there and she said “yes, but they just show you as Exec Club members, not your Gold card status”. She said she had amended the record to show our Gold status.

However when chatting to the CSD on the flight (BA 16) she confirmed that her I Pad did not even show us as being Exec Club members (at any level)

Moreover, when we accessed the Arrivals lounge at T5 (we took the train over from T3) the lady at reception said that when she tried to enter my Exec Card number it came up as “number invalid” – this was clearly not the case as she showed me her screen which had my correct Exec Club number on it.

She said that this can sometimes happen when the number is inputted at the wrong level –i.e. the record says I am Blue or Bronze when in fact I am Gold.

She could not resolve the problem and I have emailed GGL who are on the case but I thought I would ask this esteemed forum for your views

Anyone else experienced anything like this?

Could it be connected to this being an Avios / GUF2 / Annual redemption booking?

Can't believe that it is connected but I'd like to get it fixed as I have number of Avios / GUF2 / Annual redemption bookings in the system - I hit 6000 TPs last year so earned 3 Annual Redemptions - including another one in 2 weeks time

Although clearly these will not attract Tier Points or Miles I would like my status to be in the booking, in the event that (for example) there are any issues with aircraft “going technical” or flights being cancelled, and where my status would be helpful.

Also have a bunch of "regular" bookings where I wouldn't want to go through the hassle of chasing TPs etc

All thoughts gratefully received
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: LH HON->SEN, BA GGL+CCR->Gold, HH D, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by travelswithmybriefcase
My wife and I (also a Gold Card holder) travelled SYD - LHR a few days ago in CW

This was an Avios booking, using one of my GUF2 certificates, as well as one of my GGL annual redemption benefits.

(As such it was booked directly over the ‘phone with GGL)

On Manage my Booking both my GGL number and my wife’s Gold Card were clearly visible in the booking, and we checked in on line using MMB.

But neither of our Gold Card numbers appeared on our Boarding Passes which we printed out after OLCI.
Thanks for raising this.
Happens to me always since October?
Bookings are made by my TA so I *am* sure, that the number is in the booking (it is on the eTicket receipt, in MMB, simply everywhere and after I ask for a new booking I do not even have to enter it into my BAEC account, it just shows up so I am really sure my TA did everything right).

When I do OLCI it just says "Club Europe Gold" but the FF Field is empty. And at airport CI the agent always needs to enter my BAEC number....
Old Dec 31, 2012, 3:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite
Happened to me yesterday on LHR-MAD.

I hadnt spotted it until the Flounge dragon in a very school maam like way reminded me blue members have access to the lounge upstairs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.