Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2018, 3:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Skywards Silver
Impressed with ZAG Lounge

Coming back to LHR on the 848 and first time into the ZAG Lounge. Excellent facilities and pretty quiet. Mind you the entire airport is pretty empty, no queue for security at T-90.
Old May 29, 2018, 3:22 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by bigwalrus
I'm flying out of Newcastle in July on a 06:10 Saturday flight. According to the BA site, the lounge doesn't open until 6am.
NCL is covered in the UK Lounge Thread, via the dashboard. The lounge is open at least a couple of hours before all BA flights, including your flight. There is free access between lounge and gate.
Old May 29, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
NCL is covered in the UK Lounge Thread, via the dashboard. The lounge is open at least a couple of hours before all BA flights, including your flight. There is free access between lounge and gate.
Thanks - I did call the BAEC silver line yesterday and they unconvincingly told me it was a strict 6am opening time, so I thought I'd check with the experts here!
Old May 29, 2018, 5:43 am

Programs: LH HON
Aspire Lounge (E Gates) is no longer listed for Oneworld airlines other than QR. Has this changed recently? Was looking forward to use the first class section with my BA flight tonight.
Old May 29, 2018, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by ckx2
Aspire Lounge (E Gates) is no longer listed for Oneworld airlines other than QR. Has this changed recently? Was looking forward to use the first class section with my BA flight tonight.
Are you talking about ZRH?

If so, no Aspire F access on BA (irrespective of shiny card, cabin etc). You will be in the regular Aspire lounge, complete with fantastic outdoor terrace to watch the aircraft movements on the field.
Old May 30, 2018, 5:57 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

RTM - Vouchers - take note

Hi,
For those flying out of RTM and are eligible for lounge access, since there is no lounge, you are provided with a voucher from BA. However do take care based on my recent experience that the staff at the restaurant might or might not follow exactly what is written on the card. I recently had a heated discussion with them when I took the 3 snacks and 1 beverage as stated on the card. I was told that I was only limited to 3 items (independent if it was snack or beverage) and with a value of up to 15 Euros ( no where on the card was written about either of this).
Embarrassing as it was, they did finally let it go, but without the whole row behind me hearing the conversation and I being accused of taking advantage of BA just because it is free.

Cheers!

ps: I did write to complain about this to Customer service, but as expected just the usual textbook response.
Old May 30, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: BA, A3, Hilton, IHG
Any views of the MUC lounge? I will be travelling back to London on BA955 at about 8pm ok a Sunday, following a stag do (on a later plane than most of the others due to avios availability) and I’m wondering if the lounge will be a comfortable place for a snooze / rest for a few hours - otherwise I’ve got to find something to do all afternoon in Munich!
Old Jun 6, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, Virgin Red
AGP

Confirmed self pour cava in Malaga.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 2:06 am

Hello all,

Will be flying out from LUX soon on BA, would I be able to use the only lounge there? An Emerald member of another OW airline.

It says on the database BA standard rule...and on OW website it says only those that fly on BA can gain access. Got bit confused

Thank you all!

P.S sorry if posted on the wrong thread, mod please move to correct thread if needed. Thanks

Last edited by JALlover; Jun 15, 2018 at 2:12 am
Old Jun 15, 2018, 2:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flightaholic
Hello all,

Will be flying out from LUX soon on BA, would I be able to use the only lounge there? An Emerald member of another OW airline.

It says on the database BA standard rule...and on OW website it says only those that fly on BA can gain access. Got bit confused

Thank you all!

P.S sorry if posted on the wrong thread, mod please move to correct thread if needed. Thanks
as a OWE and departing on a BA flight from LUX you would be entitled to use the LUX lounge. Once clear of security it is on the same floor beyond the escalators. Do not go down the escalator otherwise you'll miss the lounge.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by Prospero
Thanks guys, the WAW lounge slides have now been updated

Now that's embarrassing . Duly corrected
A small update to the Warsaw lounges: the Bolero lounge is listed as no champagne but it does have both prosecco and a sweeter sparkling Italian wine (appreciate neither are actual champagne but I see prosecco listed under "champagne" for the Fantazja lounge).

It also had hot food yesterday at least when I visited mid-afternoon: chicken penne pasta, hot smoked sausages, vegetable curry and jasmine rice, though the charcuterie was more my cup of tea so I didn't try any it.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver
I will be flying out of LUX on BA419 on 28 June which is when England play Belgium in the World Cup. Does anyone know if there is anywhere in LUX airport that is showing the World Cup matches. From memory the bars in the airport do not have TVs. I am travelling with a Gold Card holder so I will be able to gain access to the Lounge but I do not know if that is showing any of the World Cup games.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 6:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by dgreen678
I will be flying out of LUX on BA419 on 28 June which is when England play Belgium in the World Cup. Does anyone know if there is anywhere in LUX airport that is showing the World Cup matches. From memory the bars in the airport do not have TVs. I am travelling with a Gold Card holder so I will be able to gain access to the Lounge but I do not know if that is showing any of the World Cup games.
Yes the Findel Lounge does have a big screen TV, about two thirds of the way down in the middle, and I have seen soccer on it before. Your backup plan may be to download the truly excellent BBC iPlayer Radio App, and listen via Radio 5, 3G is good enough, wifi is all over LUX. The pictures are better on Radio 5 anyway.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes the Findel Lounge does have a big screen TV, about two thirds of the way down in the middle, and I have seen soccer on it before. Your backup plan may be to download the truly excellent BBC iPlayer Radio App, and listen via Radio 5, 3G is good enough, wifi is all over LUX. The pictures are better on Radio 5 anyway.
Thanks C-W-S
Old Jun 21, 2018, 12:58 pm
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by dgreen678
If oneworld.com is accurate then the lounge closes at 1845 anyway! Are those of us flying from LUX at 2130 out of luck?

ETA: Luxair site and Priority Pass agrees with this guide that it's open until "last (scheduled) flight", so no idea what oneworld are thinking

Last edited by dsf; Jun 21, 2018 at 1:07 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.