Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2018, 7:44 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The LUX lounge has a reasonable breakfast offering, and it does include croissants, bread rolls, a few cereal options, juice, sliced meat and salmon. I would have thought the Novotel would still give a better breakfast option, and the LUX lounge would not be worth a prolonged visit, 1 hour would be sufficient I would have thought. It's a very small and compact airport, much smaller than LBA or NCL or even JER. One of the advantages of using small airports is to avoid an early arrival, in my view. Just don't miss the lounge, it's on the same level as security, it is clearly signposted (after security go ahead but bear slightly leftwards down a corridor), but any number of FTers go down the stairs to the duty free shop and then look for the signs....
Old Feb 21, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: Newbie BA Gold
Thanks CWS! The lounge food sounds pretty acceptable then. Breakfast for 3 in the hotel would be reasonably pricey so I'd rather have some 'local' food in town or just get something in the lounge. Guess we'll just have to see what time everyone wakes up...
Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
PMI and MAD T4 updates

In PMI, Sala Formentor (in terminal/module D) is currently closed for renovation. No word on when it will be finished, but any winter work in PMI tends to be finished by Easter, so my money is on that. Not very relevant for BA currently, since the winter non-Schengen flights are in terminal C, which has a new lounge as per post #642 above, but possibly relevant for anyone taking domestic/Schengen flights on IB/I2/VY.

Meanwhile in MAD T4, the closure of the Dali lounge (partially or fully) for refurb has still not happened, it was fully open today.

Old Feb 23, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
For LIN: Prosecco was available this week. Not opened, which I always assume (probably wrongly) is so that many people will be put off opening it, so although it is available, it does not get used.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
The third party lounge in OSL has a single shower available on request; it's located through a staff door to the right of reception, then on the left in a small staff corridor.

The fit-out matches the washrooms in the Premium section of the lounge and is not bad at all. The shower is a powerful rain type, although the enclosure does a poor job of keeping water out of the rest of the room and I half flooded the floor.

Amenities are limited to soap and shampoo from automatic dispensers, and a towel which the receptionist will provide. No bath mat or hairdryer.

I'll have a photo review as part of my new trip report coming soon.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 9:10 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Apologies if mentioned elsewhere, I haven't seen it – literally just got an email from BAEC informing me that there's now a lounge in OPO. Which means I guess it can be upgraded from "really ought to"?

ETA: It's up on the oneworld website now: https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/OPO/-1
Definitely wasn't there last week, as I was bemoaning the lack of lounge access mentioned by @corporate-wage-slave to my gf just last week because we're off to Porto in April!

Last edited by dsf; Feb 27, 2018 at 9:12 am Reason: added oneworld link
Old Feb 27, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
The email I just received also says lounge access at KEF. The oneworld site has the Saga Lounge for BA and Finnair passengers.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by MarcD
The email I just received also says lounge access at KEF. The oneworld site has the Saga Lounge for BA and Finnair passengers.
I was just coming on here to say the same about KEF, having received an e-mail just now with "good news" - I am going there next week on the LCY-KEF service and was resigned to no lounge at either end so this is genuinely an enhancement for me!
Old Feb 27, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: BA GGL
Having just returned from KEF, and having spent £15 on a sandwich and a beer in the airport bar, I'd rather have received this email last week -_-
KeaneJohn likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
The email also said a new lounge in Innsbruck as well.. First KRakow and now Keflavik... omg night will follow day next
Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:01 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC Silver
Naples

was at Naples on Sunday. The reception staff wanted guests to show frequent flyer membership cards before admittance to the lounge (boarding passes alone would not suffice).

Guy in front of me (who was flying with Lufthansa) didn’t have his and was turned away. I had my BAEC card so there were no issues. I think he needed to enter the membership numbers into the system although I can’t imagine why the boarding pass wouldn’t be enough.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Originally Posted by armouredant
Having just returned from KEF, and having spent £15 on a sandwich and a beer in the airport bar, I'd rather have received this email last week -_-
Glad to see BA reaching an agreement with Icelandair. I spent Christmas and New Year with family over in Iceland. Flew Club and not even a voucher to compensate for the lack of lounges at KEF (I did ask). I felt flying Club on this occasion was pretty poor use of my money to be honest.

Last edited by icebird; Feb 27, 2018 at 1:43 pm
Old Mar 1, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Update on SVQ: There is no Champagne but Cava is available on request. In fact all wine and spirits are on request - from the single staff member who deals with reception too. Beer and soft drinks are in the fridges.

All the rest of the information in the wiki is correct. Pretty much all the food is pre-packed. There are toilets in the lounge too.

The lounge also got quite busy with 30 passengers in Club Europe and a few people using priority pass or similar. Worth noting that the lounge is after security but before a passport check to enter the gate area and leave the Schengen area.

The staff member also called boarding for the BA flight.

While a little basic, definitely still a welcome addition to the network.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:30 am

Confirmed BA Access at KEF Saga Lounge

Confirmed
Old Mar 8, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Welcome to FT vcontherun and to the BA forum - hope you stick around! How was the lounge in KEF? Did you enjoy your time in there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.