Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

UK AmEx (BA/LTSB/MBNA) - Spend £5 at Small Retailer get £5 back - Nov 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK AmEx (BA/LTSB/MBNA) - Spend £5 at Small Retailer get £5 back - Nov 2012

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2012, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by fiona
I did a search and can't believe there are no participating outlets in Aberdeen. I note Jen says the same about Edinburgh- so perhaps its not available in Scotland?
Yes, nothing in GLA either. I think this is generally a London specific promo as there are 100+ participating retailers.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 2:57 pm

Sorry to be a bit behind the game here (I have read the whole thread and found no mention to it) - where do I find a list of retailers? Do I have to download the app?

Also, is there a particular section of my Amex online account where I need to go to register my card?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 3:49 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by AllTheNines
Sorry to be a bit behind the game here (I have read the whole thread and found no mention to it) - where do I find a list of retailers? Do I have to download the app?

Also, is there a particular section of my Amex online account where I need to go to register my card?
Click the link, register, and a map shall appear.

http://www.amex.co.uk/shopsmall
Old Nov 5, 2012, 8:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Out of the 3 non-London places today none actually took Amex. Seriously, is it that difficult for them to get an up to date list of customers?!
I'm having the same problem. While there are a few places listed in my area, I know for certain that most of then don't take Amex and I don't know about the others so they might not either.

If this wasn't so incompetent, it might actually be funny.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 2:38 am

Programs: British Airways
There are quite a few shops where I work in the City. I tried it in 4 shops yesterday at lunch time and got 3 emails. Unfortunately I cannot tell from the email which shops they apply to.
Went to use it at Cards Galore this morning which are definitely on the list but they do not take Amex.

Will try a couple more today.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by Blueboys999
I'm having the same problem. While there are a few places listed in my area, I know for certain that most of then don't take Amex and I don't know about the others so they might not either.

If this wasn't so incompetent, it might actually be funny.
I think that the problem with this promotion is that whether a retailer CAN take Amex is decided by the supplier of their credit & debit card readers. Whether or not they then decide to ACCEPT Amex is up to them.

So although Amex may think that a retailer takes Amex, they will be wrong in many cases, especially the smaller retailers which are the target of this promotion.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 3:12 am

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
Originally Posted by twanny76
Went to use it at Cards Galore this morning which are definitely on the list but they do not take Amex.
Will try a couple more today.
I would be cautious what the shop assistant tells you. I went into a shop yesterday and the person was adamant they did not accept AMEX. Tweeted the shop and found they do accept it.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 3:13 am

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
They may not have accepted AMEX before but it doesn't mean they haven't signed up with AMEX with this promotion,
Old Nov 6, 2012, 3:46 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Used the amex Plat and the MBNA amex (different names) at Harvester yesterday and got the email from Plat card within 2 mins, nothing from the MBNA card.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
I did exactly the same yesterday evening at the branch in Leadenhall Market. It's a bit frustrating but there are plenty of other places in the area that are listed and it was on my way.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 4:08 am

Programs: BA GfL, Hilton Gold
No merchants within 50 miles of where I live - what a waste of time registering.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 5:31 am

Programs: British Airways
Has anyone used a Lloyds TSB Amex yet and got the £5 back? Thanks
Old Nov 6, 2012, 6:46 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum Elite / BAEC Silver
I was under the impression that it is only cards issued by AmEx that are eligible... no?
Old Nov 6, 2012, 7:33 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by pianoamit
I was under the impression that it is only cards issued by AmEx that are eligible... no?
An "Eligible Card" is a valid American Express card issued in the UK by American Express Services Europe Limited, Lloyds TSB Bank plc or MBNA Europe Bank Limited. Prepaid cards, gift cards, small business and corporate cards are not eligible. You must meet any additional eligibility requirements contained in the Offer Terms.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 7:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Has anyone used a Lloyds TSB Amex yet and got the £5 back? Thanks
Registered my LLoyds TSB Amex card at the weekend and used it at 4 retailers this lunchtime and received 4 seperate "Thanking you for Shopping Small" e-mails confirming I will receive my £5 statement credits in 3-5 working days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.