Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

UK AmEx (BA/LTSB/MBNA) - Spend £5 at Small Retailer get £5 back - Nov 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK AmEx (BA/LTSB/MBNA) - Spend £5 at Small Retailer get £5 back - Nov 2012

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2012, 9:44 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by T8191
Finally found the Merchant Map - sure enough, no outlets in Jersey.
Oh well, there's a surprise.
You think thats bad, no outlets anywhere in Northern Ireland.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mradey
How do you see participating vendors in the foursquare app?

....should I be able to see the offers in the foursquare app?

MrAdey
Click the middle of the top of the screen and select "specials". It shows most, but not all, of the AmEx specials as "Spend £5, get £5 back provided by American Express"

Originally Posted by To Eat.To Drink
Does it include partner cards (if registered for the offer)?
If you mean non-Amex issued cards then definitely Lloyds TSB Avios and, I believe, MBNA
Old Nov 4, 2012, 10:25 am

Programs: BA Silver
Okay, so no participating outlets in Jersey, Northern Ireland, or so far as I can see from the map, in Scotland... not much of a promo.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 11:06 am

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
Originally Posted by LondonAndy

If you mean non-Amex issued cards then definitely Lloyds TSB Avios and, I believe, MBNA
Sorry, meant my wife's card, linked to my Amex account.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Interesting question - my wife has a card on my BA AmEx, but as we've both got individual Lloyds AmEx cards I didn't bother registering her BA AmEx card in case it didn't work....

It does seem pretty bad that there are no outlets in Edinburgh/Northern Ireland - there do seem to be quite a few in London but not all of the retailers that lead to £5 being awarded seem to be on the map, so probably worth registering anyway....
Old Nov 4, 2012, 11:50 am

Programs: BA IHG
I registered both mine and my partners - but not tried out both yet. I'm sure I read somewhere online that you could register both card holders - but can't find that reference anymore. I'm not sure if both cardholders get the £5 credit for the same store. The T&Cs only say 1 credit per card per statement (which does sound like both cards should get the credit - but I do suspect it is more likely 1 credit per account per store).
Old Nov 4, 2012, 12:42 pm

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
Originally Posted by cmcbugg
I registered both mine and my partners - but not tried out both yet. I'm sure I read somewhere online that you could register both card holders - but can't find that reference anymore. I'm not sure if both cardholders get the £5 credit for the same store. The T&Cs only say 1 credit per card per statement (which does sound like both cards should get the credit - but I do suspect it is more likely 1 credit per account per store).
Thanks, would be great if one can get £10 free per store!
Old Nov 4, 2012, 1:01 pm

This worked well for me at 5 stores on Saturday, but I went to one of the restaurants listed tonight and they didn't accept amex. Not the end of the world as I would have gone there anyway, but worth noting.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
If it's similar to the foursquare deal, it's per card. So between my wife and I we have 6 cards (supplements included)

I did a test purchase on Friday, will try another tomorrow with my wife's card.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 3:00 pm

I can't seem to sync my card. Every time that I have tied. Since Friday. There seems to be an error.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Old Nov 4, 2012, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Out of the 3 non-London places today none actually took Amex. Seriously, is it that difficult for them to get an up to date list of customers?!
Old Nov 5, 2012, 7:53 am

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
I've done some more spending on the card. There is no need to use foursquare and checking in etc.. Just register your card and spend.

I use the foursquare app to see who's participating in the offer but don't bother checking in, which is nice as it was a real hassle.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 1:47 pm
dgm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, HH Diamond.
Has anyone actually had a credit back yet? I'm having issues with the tracking and all sorts!
Old Nov 5, 2012, 2:11 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by dgm
Has anyone actually had a credit back yet? I'm having issues with the tracking and all sorts!
I received an email within 10 mins of swiping my card confirming the cash back. Not appeared on my statement yet but I'm confident it will, they always have before with these types of offers, as long as you get the email or foursquare confirmation.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by dgm
Not yet. I had a transaction on 1 Nov but no credit yet. They do say between 3-5 days. So far I've had an email confirmation each time I've used my card at an eligible retailer (and some I didn't even realise the offer was valid at).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.