Search

Fast track immigration T3 issues

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2012, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF P1 LTG, lots of others
Fast track immigration T3 issues

Hi all,

I flew back longhaul WT+ into T3 recently and attempted to go to the fast track lane (BAEC Gold, non EU PP holder). The staff member at the fast track lane flatly REFUSED to let me into fast track saying that I had to be flying buisness class etc even though BA's rules say that if you're a GCH with a non EU PP you're eligible for fast track immigration. VERY FRUSTRATING as it took me 1.5 hours to wait in the queue.

I flew long haul into T3 recently again, business and made it a point to get a voucher on board. I walked up to the fast track immi lane and the lady only wanted my fast track voucher and wasnt interested in seeing my boarding pass etc.

Very annoying the Heathrow staff dont know the rules!!

Anyone else have this problem and can any BA staff comment?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 2:39 pm

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by funkyr
VERY FRUSTRATING as it took me 1.5 hours to wait in the queue.
How long? That is appalling.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA gold
Have had this problem too in T5 with the staff ignoring my Gold status printed on my boarding pass.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 5:31 pm

Programs: ABBA
I believe you need the voucher, like you need a lounge invite at some outstations, or a fast track sticker.

Of course it's a joke as only dirty furriners get to use the fast track, those GGLs in F that have an EU passport get to slum it with the rest of the riff-raff, especially now Iris has passed away
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Here is where the Op is going wrong. Get the voucher when flying CW and show the BP for Fast Track. Use the voucher when flying Wt or WT+.

Agent is correct. Fast Track immigration is not for Gold pax but for CW and F pax only.

Fast attack security is for Gold, Silver, F & CW
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
It depends, fast track always works for me on Departure but never on arrival. This is because of the silly rule that EU passports are not eligible. It is a myth that the EU queues are faster than the fast track queues. I have had the fast track queues completely empty and was still directed to the EU queue as that was faster.

Swapped messages with Nicci several times on this one, as Fast Track is managed by BAA it is not likely to ever change. Maybe it halls if we become more vocal.

Globalist
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KenJohn
Here is where the Op is going wrong. Get the voucher when flying CW and show the BP for Fast Track. Use the voucher when flying Wt or WT+.

Agent is correct. Fast Track immigration is not for Gold pax but for CW and F pax only.

Fast attack security is for Gold, Silver, F & CW
Actually the fast track voucher from BA says that if you're travelling CW or F with non EU PP, or a GCH with a non EU PP you can use fast track.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Fast Track arrivals at LHR T1, T3 and T5 is available to non-EU First, Club World, Club Europe, Gold and Silver BAEC members. Gold and Silver members may bring one non-EU guest.

I am not sure whether a voucher is needed or not, but it should be sufficient to show boarding pass, non-EU passport (and BAEC card if applicable).

In all three terminals, Fast Track arrivals has limited opening hours.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 1:12 pm

Was the rationale for excluding EU pax that there'd be no need for fast track as they shouldn't be queueing for long anyway?

I can see that would be a good argument from yesteryear, but perhaps needs revising in the light of this years' record?
Old Oct 20, 2012, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Genius1
I am not sure whether a voucher is needed or not, but it should be sufficient to show boarding pass, non-EU passport (and BAEC card if applicable).
Im my experience a non first/business BP, non EU PP and Gold Card havent worked a single time.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Was the rationale for excluding EU pax that there'd be no need for fast track as they shouldn't be queueing for long anyway?
It is up to the UK Border Force. Whilst Heathrow Airport provides the Fast Track facility, the desk allocation at the end of the lane is determined by UKBF.

I had always assumed that your reasoning was correct.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 1:20 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Im my experience a non first/business BP, non EU PP and Gold Card havent worked a single time.
It has always failed me too -- and it isn't for want of trying.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
It has always failed me too -- and it isn't for want of trying.
Next time I fly WT+ or WT I'm going to ask for a voucher and see if the onboard staff will give me one.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 1:27 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Next time I fly WT+ or WT I'm going to ask for a voucher and see if the onboard staff will give me one.
That is an approach worth taking. Might even be worth buying or selling some on eBay or something.

On many of my trips into T3 this year, fast track immigration is closed for the night. Waiting for 1 hour or more on so many evenings at LHR this year has me revising my own thinking about acquiring another citizenship posthaste. Fast track only works if it is open and allowed to you by the BAA dragons. If you get loud, they may volunteer to get you some free bottles of water but not a port-a-potty.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
We don't give Fast Track vouchers on T3 arrivals, Fast Track is available on production of your valid boarding pass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.