FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Fast track immigration T3 issues (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1399165-fast-track-immigration-t3-issues.html)

funkyr Oct 19, 2012 2:23 pm

Fast track immigration T3 issues

Hi all,

I flew back longhaul WT+ into T3 recently and attempted to go to the fast track lane (BAEC Gold, non EU PP holder). The staff member at the fast track lane flatly REFUSED to let me into fast track saying that I had to be flying buisness class etc even though BA's rules say that if you're a GCH with a non EU PP you're eligible for fast track immigration. VERY FRUSTRATING as it took me 1.5 hours to wait in the queue.

I flew long haul into T3 recently again, business and made it a point to get a voucher on board. I walked up to the fast track immi lane and the lady only wanted my fast track voucher and wasnt interested in seeing my boarding pass etc.

Very annoying the Heathrow staff dont know the rules!!

Anyone else have this problem and can any BA staff comment?

Fruitcake Oct 19, 2012 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by funkyr (Post 19527959)
VERY FRUSTRATING as it took me 1.5 hours to wait in the queue.

How long? That is appalling. :(

Stez Oct 19, 2012 3:02 pm

Have had this problem too in T5 with the staff ignoring my Gold status printed on my boarding pass.

paulwuk Oct 19, 2012 5:31 pm

I believe you need the voucher, like you need a lounge invite at some outstations, or a fast track sticker.

Of course it's a joke as only dirty furriners get to use the fast track, those GGLs in F that have an EU passport get to slum it with the rest of the riff-raff, especially now Iris has passed away

KenJohn Oct 19, 2012 11:09 pm

Here is where the Op is going wrong. Get the voucher when flying CW and show the BP for Fast Track. Use the voucher when flying Wt or WT+.

Agent is correct. Fast Track immigration is not for Gold pax but for CW and F pax only.

Fast attack security is for Gold, Silver, F & CW

Globalist Oct 19, 2012 11:50 pm

It depends, fast track always works for me on Departure but never on arrival. This is because of the silly rule that EU passports are not eligible. It is a myth that the EU queues are faster than the fast track queues. I have had the fast track queues completely empty and was still directed to the EU queue as that was faster.

Swapped messages with Nicci several times on this one, as Fast Track is managed by BAA it is not likely to ever change. Maybe it halls if we become more vocal.

Globalist

funkyr Oct 20, 2012 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by KenJohn (Post 19530164)
Here is where the Op is going wrong. Get the voucher when flying CW and show the BP for Fast Track. Use the voucher when flying Wt or WT+.

Agent is correct. Fast Track immigration is not for Gold pax but for CW and F pax only.

Fast attack security is for Gold, Silver, F & CW

Actually the fast track voucher from BA says that if you're travelling CW or F with non EU PP, or a GCH with a non EU PP you can use fast track.

Genius1 Oct 20, 2012 1:08 pm

Fast Track arrivals at LHR T1, T3 and T5 is available to non-EU First, Club World, Club Europe, Gold and Silver BAEC members. Gold and Silver members may bring one non-EU guest.

I am not sure whether a voucher is needed or not, but it should be sufficient to show boarding pass, non-EU passport (and BAEC card if applicable).

In all three terminals, Fast Track arrivals has limited opening hours.

windowontheAside Oct 20, 2012 1:12 pm

Was the rationale for excluding EU pax that there'd be no need for fast track as they shouldn't be queueing for long anyway?

I can see that would be a good argument from yesteryear, but perhaps needs revising in the light of this years' record?

funkyr Oct 20, 2012 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1 (Post 19532975)
I am not sure whether a voucher is needed or not, but it should be sufficient to show boarding pass, non-EU passport (and BAEC card if applicable).

Im my experience a non first/business BP, non EU PP and Gold Card havent worked a single time.

Genius1 Oct 20, 2012 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by windowontheAside (Post 19532998)
Was the rationale for excluding EU pax that there'd be no need for fast track as they shouldn't be queueing for long anyway?

It is up to the UK Border Force. Whilst Heathrow Airport provides the Fast Track facility, the desk allocation at the end of the lane is determined by UKBF.

I had always assumed that your reasoning was correct.

GUWonder Oct 20, 2012 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by funkyr (Post 19533012)
Im my experience a non first/business BP, non EU PP and Gold Card havent worked a single time.

It has always failed me too -- and it isn't for want of trying.

funkyr Oct 20, 2012 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 19533043)
It has always failed me too -- and it isn't for want of trying.

Next time I fly WT+ or WT I'm going to ask for a voucher and see if the onboard staff will give me one.

GUWonder Oct 20, 2012 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by funkyr (Post 19533047)
Next time I fly WT+ or WT I'm going to ask for a voucher and see if the onboard staff will give me one.

That is an approach worth taking. Might even be worth buying or selling some on eBay or something.

On many of my trips into T3 this year, fast track immigration is closed for the night. Waiting for 1 hour or more on so many evenings at LHR this year has me revising my own thinking about acquiring another citizenship posthaste. Fast track only works if it is open and allowed to you by the BAA dragons. If you get loud, they may volunteer to get you some free bottles of water but not a port-a-potty.

Can I help you Oct 20, 2012 1:33 pm

We don't give Fast Track vouchers on T3 arrivals, Fast Track is available on production of your valid boarding pass.