Wiki Posts
Search

Noise cancelling headphones in CW and F

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Noise cancelling headphones in CW and F

Are these really noise cancelling? They seem crap to me. I'm used to Bose QC bins but the ones BA hand out just seem to be normal headphones with chunky padded ear pieces.

Am I being unfair?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond VIP, Shangri La Jade, Amex Plat
They're not great. IME if you want good ones you need to take your own
Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, FB Gold, TK Gold
They do receive a generic "cancelling" feed through the second plug pin. But the quality of the units isn't great in terms of sound quality regardless
Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:28 pm

OH uses Bose QC15. I use some triplefi10 in ear buds as I find the over ear stuff makes my ears too hot.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, BAEC Silver, Thai Silver, Bangkok Air, Krisflyer Blue
The BA ones never come out of the bag !! Always use my BOSE QC - much better!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

You know how quiet everything becomes when you flick the switch on the QC2s or QC15s, yet when I put the BA bins on and plug them in there seems no noise cancelling at all. Even playing audio through them doesn't seem to cancel out background noise.

I'm just curious!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
You know how quiet everything becomes when you flick the switch on the QC2s or QC15s, yet when I put the BA bins on and plug them in there seems no noise cancelling at all. Even playing audio through them doesn't seem to cancel out background noise.

I'm just curious!
Are you using them on your own devices or through the BA IFE? If you are using them on your own devices the noise cancelling feature won't be operating as it is powered through the smaller of the two pins. The BA headphones are not Bose but they work in a pinch for me(usually when I have forgotten/lost my own).
Old Oct 18, 2012, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Are you using them on your own devices or through the BA IFE? If you are using them on your own devices the noise cancelling feature won't be operating as it is powered through the smaller of the two pins. The BA headphones are not Bose but they work in a pinch for me(usually when I have forgotten/lost my own).
Using them on the BA IFE.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 3:59 pm

No comparison between the two. This one one thing about flying on AA that I do like- the handout of QC15s (even though I have my own )
Old Oct 18, 2012, 4:29 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
^ to Bose. Ever since first experiencing them on AA, I was determined to get a pair. My QC15s come on every flight. I tried the BA ones on my last trip and there is no comparison.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by dddc
^ to Bose. Ever since first experiencing them on AA, I was determined to get a pair. My QC15s come on every flight. I tried the BA ones on my last trip and there is no comparison.
It is actually really good advertising for Bose, isn't it?

I bought my QC15s after an LHR-ORD with AA last year...was shocked by the quality of those things.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 4:47 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by dddc
Same here. Wait for the naysayers to arrive and tell us how stupid we are falling for the Bose hype, and that we should be wearing some in-ear phones that only seem able to push yet more wax onto my eardrum
Old Oct 18, 2012, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Same here. Wait for the naysayers to arrive and tell us how stupid we are falling for the Bose hype, and that we should be wearing some in-ear phones that only seem able to push yet more wax onto my eardrum
Or we could just put our Bose cans on, and be oblivious to the sound of any naysaying whatsoever
Old Oct 18, 2012, 4:52 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

I didn't believe a word about what Bose said.

I thought my Panasonic noise cancelling headphones were good. I thought the BA ones were average.

Then I flew with AA. Just WOW. An unbelievable experience.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by andset1191
I didn't believe a word about what Bose said.

I thought my Panasonic noise cancelling headphones were good. I thought the BA ones were average.

Then I flew with AA. Just WOW. An unbelievable experience.
Full disclosure: We're all on commission

I love the fact Bose are so confident in their product they leave the little business card sized adverts in the carry case for you to hand out to fellow passengers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.