Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

"Direct" flight on AA in F: no tier points posted

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K, BA GLD

Hi all,

I wonder if anybody, or maybe the BA insider can give me an advice. My (minor) son has flown SEA-BOS on a "direct" AA flight 880 in F. The flight is in fact a 1-stop flight via DFW operated by AA. Miles have posted to his BAEC account (part of my household account) but tier points did not. Here is how it looks on his statement:

13-Jul-12 15-Jul-12 SEATTLE - BOSTON (F/F)
AA880(Operated by: American Airlines)(Booking ref: XXXXXX) 0 2,496
Cabin Bonus 0 1,248

I called twice to BAEC asking why there no tier points. The first agent had no clue and told me she submitted a request to back office. Nothing followed. The second agent was more active and tried to input the flight info in BA miles and tier points calculator. The calculator did not take F so he tried C. The result was 0 tier points. My understanding is that one-world coded and operated flights do earn tier points. My guess is that the reason is "direct" flight. There is no one-world non-stop SEA-BOS but there is an AA coded non-stop operated by Alaska. That flight indeed would earn miles but not tier points. I guess that the calculator wrongly assumes that SEA-BOS must be operated by AS, not AA. Apparently the BA back office system has the same problem.

I do not care whether the flights would post as two segments (SEA-DFW and DFW-BOS, both under 2000 miles) or one segment (SEA-BOS, over 2000 miles) as in any case tier points would have taken my son over silver threshold.

What can I do to have those tier points posted?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Michael
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:29 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Your son also appears to have lost the Bronze Tier bonus of 624 Avios (if I've understood correctly).

I think this is a mistake too, and it's either the Alaska connection or the DFW break that causes the problem I imagine.

You can either keep ringing or fill in the webform for "partner" flights (bottom of the transaction list). The trouble with that webform is I suspect that it will get rejected because it has given you some (but not all) your Avios. So you may prefer to go straight to the general customer service webform which gives you a text field to work with. You will probably need some patience. Please let us know how it works out.

There's a well known bug in the online TP calculator, so that get's no-one anywhere.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
It may take some chasing to get the tier points, but I remember another thread a couple of months ago where someone had the same issue:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-flight-f.html

The person who started that thread did end up getting their tier points.

If you don't get anywhere in a week or so, you might want to contact Nicci (BA Executive Club) for help: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-help-you.html
Old Aug 15, 2012, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K, BA GLD
Originally Posted by skippythelizard
It may take some chasing to get the tier points, but I remember another thread a couple of months ago where someone had the same issue:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-flight-f.html

The person who started that thread did end up getting their tier points.

If you don't get anywhere in a week or so, you might want to contact Nicci (BA Executive Club) for help: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-help-you.html
Thanks for the reply. My case seems to be exactly the same as c1mth0g's which thread I have not found through search. Unfortunately in my case it is already a month since I started inquiry but TP still have not posted.

I will try to contact Nicci for help.

And to the other poster: he was not entitled to Bronze bonus as he was not Bronze at the time the flight was taken. He did much of his flying later in July (360 correctly posted TP for BA flights).

Thanks to all,

Michael

[Update]: The issue has been resolved by Nicci in a matter of hours. It is wonderful that we have such a helpful person on board. Many thanks to Nicci.

Last edited by mabff; Aug 16, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.