Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

As a non UK based member I feel a bit forgotten about..

Old Aug 13, 12, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC/IB

Is it only me or do other non UK based members scattered around the world feel forgotten about by BA?

Over the last few weeks I've received Argentina centric emails from Lufthansa, KLM as well as Qatar offering me special fares as well as news updates regarding their Ezeiza services.....not for the first time either, this happens quite regularly. The Lufty ones can get a bit annoying but you do have the choice of whether to receive them or not.

I've had nowt from BA despite the communication boxes being ticked on my profile...it's almost as if they don't fly here. You would think they would like to keep members informed about their "local" route....special offers and such like?

Or is it just me they ignore?
Old Aug 13, 12, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
You'll probably start getting messages shortly. They didn't want people from other countries flying into London and supporting their teams #awaydisadvantage
Old Aug 13, 12, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have an account at one address that has many, avios points in it. I get emails etc from BA.

I have another seperate account with no avios points in it. I recieve no emails on that account.

Have you got any avios points left in your account??

It appears they have got the emails normally set up well to send different ones to different types of members.
Old Aug 13, 12, 8:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
I think everyone else registered with BAEC in Argentina has had emails about the onboard breakfast offering, including enhanced Sausages

BA probably didnt want to risk you posting on FT about Sausages again

cs
Old Aug 13, 12, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens

Yes. BA has refocused completely on the UK and US. Much to my dissatisfaction.
Old Aug 13, 12, 9:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Blue, Hilton Gold
Argen-where

Oh, yes, that small country off the West Coast of the Falklands

Seriously though, I guess that they need to focus their marketing attention/spend to where they can get the biggest bang for their buck, and I guess Argentina, with one/two flights a day, probably can't demand the coverage that the US does.....
Old Aug 13, 12, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by origin View Post
I have an account at one address that has many, avios points in it. I get emails etc from BA.

I have another seperate account with no avios points in it. I recieve no emails on that account.

Have you got any avios points left in your account??

It appears they have got the emails normally set up well to send different ones to different types of members.
Yes both mine and my wife's BAEC accounts are active unlike our other airline accounts. Maybe the BA EZE route is doing so well they do not feel the need to have sale fares on the route? Although KLM seem to be doing alright as their last email said they were upping the AMS-EZE route to four flights a week starting in October.
Old Aug 13, 12, 9:08 am

Programs: Executive Club Silver
Maybe BA are doing so well into Agrentina that they don't need to mither flyers based there to gain sufficient revenue.

Or maybe they are planning on dropping the route so don't want to advertise anymore.
Old Aug 13, 12, 9:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by PotNoodle View Post
Maybe BA are doing so well into Agrentina that they don't need to mither flyers based there to gain sufficient revenue.

Or maybe they are planning on dropping the route so don't want to advertise anymore.

Most likely BA are waiting to target members in Argentina until they announce the tag on route to MPN (from where i dont know) once the oil trade kicks off

cs
Old Aug 13, 12, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 1K (until 2021), *G for "life", Global Entry, Hertz PC, Cadbury's Rum and Raisin Emeritus
BA reads this forum and obviously have targetted two people in particular. Obviously I could not possibly comment if everyone else is breathing a sigh of relief at this news.
Old Aug 13, 12, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by Silver Fox View Post
BA reads this forum and obviously have targetted two people in particular. Obviously I could not possibly comment if everyone else is breathing a sigh of relief at this news.
Nah, they keep upgrading me so that can't be it...
Old Aug 13, 12, 9:29 am

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by henkybaby View Post
Yes. BA has refocused completely on the UK and US. Much to my dissatisfaction.
Not completely true - BA has clearly focused on London and a very limited number of US gateways. They'll take money from folks in other US cities if they're stupid enough to send it, but they're very much of secondary interest. FWIW this is not a new phenomenon - I can't put an exact date on the change in emphasis, but it seemed to start somewhere in the run up to the JBA with AA.
Old Aug 13, 12, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cornishsimon View Post
Most likely BA are waiting to target members in Argentina until they announce the tag on route to MPN (from where i dont know) once the oil trade kicks off

cs
More chance of BA being refused permission to fly into Ezeiza before that happening. Ships flying the British ensign are not allowed to enter the ports now. Not a problem....apart from the Gourock-Dunoon ferry I know of no British registered ships.
Old Aug 13, 12, 9:35 am

Programs: BA Gold
I think someone at BAEC has been watching them youtube videos of you and them cattle HIDDY.
Old Aug 13, 12, 9:37 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK Elite
Originally Posted by cornishsimon View Post
From where? Obviously LGW-NQY-MPN. What else?

Search this Thread