Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

As a non UK based member I feel a bit forgotten about..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As a non UK based member I feel a bit forgotten about..

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by henkybaby
The two most admirable ladies of this forum and I all live in France. I guess we don't matter much.
No, I don't live in France!
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by BA1321
23 gateways in the USA and Canada
Thank you. Of course, bernardd hates BA, so accuracy is not necessarily a criterion.

As to the promos, I can't say I've ever discovered a pattern. It's certainly not based on my customer profile.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BA1321
I would never have know about it if I hadn't read about it here...
Sometimes I feel like that as well. Especially with the time BA takes to send out emails to their UK customers. Someone on here usually has theirs hours, days before I get mine. Then there is the usual text from other people that explains all the issues with the usual bargain ideas from companies. So I just stick to flyertalk and glance at my travel email address.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by origin
Sometimes I feel like that as well. Especially with the time BA takes to send out emails to their UK customers. Someone on here usually has theirs hours, days before I get mine. Then there is the usual text from other people that explains all the issues with the usual bargain ideas from companies. So I just stick to flyertalk and glance at my travel email address.
This is not a dig, so don't misread what I say ...
When did you last fly BA? What's your current BAEC status?

AFAIK, you've been a bit "non travelling" of late. Could that be a result of targeted marketing? Neither KLM nor Virgin bother me these days.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by T8191
Could that be a result of targeted marketing? Neither KLM nor Virgin bother me these days.
VS are seemingly very good at responding to travel. After several years without gracing one of their planes my first flight this year lead to a positive barrage of spam/offers in short order.

They do a very sweet thanks for flying with us email which gets a bit confused by multi sector trips.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by HilFly
The two most admirable ladies of this forum and I all live in France. I guess we don't matter much.
No, I don't live in France!
I do humbly apologize! :-)
Old Aug 13, 2012, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Those of us based in Nice don't hear much either.

I wonder why
+1
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Received a surprise email this week - first flight-type specific one I have ever received..

Dear Mr TT1F,

Thank you for choosing to fly Club World London City. As it's your first time on this all business class flight, I'd like to show you how to make the most of your journey to New York.

Naturally, your time is of the utmost importance, so from the moment you arrive at the airport, everything is designed to ensure you enjoy a smooth and carefree experience.

etc.. etc..

It is my first time on this flight and, if I hadn't gleaned all I could about the flight from FT then it's actually a very useful email. Didn't get one saying how pleased they are that I am returning from JFK to LHR in F, however..
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:35 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
To be honest Mr H I feel a bit left out living in the USA! My account is still based in the UK but they seem to sneak specials onto the web, the lounges are pretty poor over here and the catering can be awful.

You are not alone!

aks120
Old Aug 14, 2012, 2:19 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I do humbly apologize! :-)
and I make you a Mucci des Chevaliers Toulousiens. I know that you have been honoured before but any gallant gentleman - especially one who wears red shell suits - is welcome. Off you go and tell Moomba I've been a but quiet on the awards front for a bit, so he won't mind too much.

I am certain the La Contesse de Yahilwe would have no problem with that either.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
VS are seemingly very good at responding to travel. After several years without gracing one of their planes my first flight this year lead to a positive barrage of spam/offers in short order.
True … I attracted their attention in 2010 after I used them them as a source of US car hire [remarkably good value on that occasion, but not since]. However, the in-box is quiet again!
Old Aug 14, 2012, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

and I make you a Mucci des Chevaliers Toulousiens.
I am most humbled. I have written to the Marie of Toulouse to tell them about the glorious news and expect the key to the city shortly. Whenever you gracious ladies are around I am sure we organise a grand buffet!
Old Aug 14, 2012, 4:14 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I am most humbled. I have written to the Marie of Toulouse to tell them about the glorious news and expect the key to the city shortly. Whenever you gracious ladies are around I am sure we organise a grand buffet!
Foie Gras please - and to hell with Political Correctness! (and Champagne - La Marquise will run down to Auchan or some other Grand Surface to get the key cut)
Old Aug 14, 2012, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Foie Gras please - and to hell with Political Correctness! (and Champagne - La Marquise will run down to Auchan or some other Grand Surface to get the key cut)
Foie Gras et Maigret de Canard will be served poolside accompanied by some nice local wines and of course champagne.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 4:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
I dont care much about attention, etc, but what i do find frustrating and unimpressive is how the European Service Centre (I am a Monaco resident) closes at 6pm CET. To make matters worse, the UK centre cannot deal with ticketing issues relating to AVIOS etc for European memebers. It seems odd that an airline would not understand that its members actually fly around the world from time to time and may not all be operating on CET. Would a 24 hour service centre be a huge ask for alledgedly "premium" members ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.