8 Hour Layover in LHR

Old Aug 10, 12, 9:43 am

Programs: BD *Gold; BAEC Gold; Flying Blue Gold; SPG Gold; HH Gold
Bray

You don't necessarily need to break the bank with Heston Fat Duck. You could try the other two Heston experience in Bray at 'The Crown' or 'The Hinds Head'. Easier to book, more relaxed and still great food.
Old Aug 10, 12, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The problem with Bray is there not much to do other than eat.

Windsor gives dining and drinking along with history, a bloody great Castle and insight into warts and all modern Britain. There is - I think - a bus from T5. If not, arrange a minicab.
Old Aug 10, 12, 10:26 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
This map shows the public buses you can get from Heathrow. If you want to slum it you could get the 111 to Hampton Court Palace, which would take about 60 minutes by bus (which I accept may be too long......). It's a nice day out.....

Actually, there is another better bus map for Heathrow

Last edited by LondonAndy; Aug 10, 12 at 10:33 am
Old Aug 10, 12, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Premier Executive, Continental Platinum, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Velocity Gold, Alaskan MPV Gold.
We go to London all the time. In fact I’m going at the end of this month for work. We are not obsessed with waiting rooms/lounges. What we are is not wanting to trust getting back to the airport on the famous British transportation system (strike, rain, heat delays). The original plan was to go into the West End on the Piccadilly line and meet some friends for lunch at Randall and Aubin but decided we would rather just stay at Heathrow to avoid the hassle. I do like the idea of Windsor though and will suggest it to my traveling companion.
Old Aug 10, 12, 11:01 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Originally Posted by Swanhunter View Post
8 hours sat in an airport? What a waste.

I can amuse myself fo about 3 hours before boredom sets in. Why not consider popping over to Windsor - just 20mins away - to stretch your legs and enjoy some fresh air.
I agree - or go to Kew Gardens - that is lovely too.

Search this Thread